PDA

View Full Version : DEA Responds to Legal Weed in Colorado and Washington

Lucille
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM
DEA Responds to Legal Weed in Colorado and Washington: "Enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged"
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/07/dea-responds-to-legal-weed-in-colorado-a

Despite the passage of ballot initiatives in Washington and Colorado legalizing recreational marijuana, "the Drug Enforcement Administration’s enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged," a DEA spokesperson told Reason this morning.

"In enacting the Controlled Substances Act, Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. The Department of Justice is reviewing the ballot initiatives and we have no additional comment at this time."

The DOJ released a similarly opaque response to reporter CJ Ciaramella of the Washington Free Beacon. "The Department's enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged. In enacting the Controlled Substances Act, Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. We are reviewing the ballot initiatives and have no additional comment at this time."

While there's "no comment at this time," Deputy Attorney General James Cole hinted last month at what the Obama administration's response might be.

"Each case is going to rise and fall on its own unique facts," Cole said in a 60 Minutes interview. "Any of that is still in violation of the Controlled Substances Act of the federal law. We're not interested in bothering people who are sick and are using it in the recommendation of a doctor. We are concerned with people who are using it as a pretext to become large-scale drug dealers."

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, an opponent of Amendment 64, had this to say late last night: “The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will. This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don’t break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly.”

@@

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
DEA Responds to Legal Weed in Colorado and Washington: "Enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged"

The Democratic war on democracy.

Yo, Democrats. This vote was democracy in action. The DEA is a branch of the Department of Justice, which is an Executive Branch agency, which means Obama could call off the dogs even more easily than issuing an executive order. Yet the jackboots will come down on Colorado's throats.

You should change the name of that party of yours. Obama doesn't seem to believe in democracy...

alucard13mmfmj
11-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I shoudl move to washington... seems the people up there are less brainwashed than the people in california. >.>

ninepointfive
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I was wondering about the round table they must have had this morning - and any future plans to subvert the 10th.

AGRP
11-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Whats the purpose of having states anymore?

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM
The Republican Party silenced the voices of citizen delegates at its own convention, and the Democratic president sits by while a bureaucracy under his direct control tells a sovereign state of the union that their ballot initiative vote means nothing. So, we have the Republican Party refusing to be republican and a Democrat refusing to acknowledge democracy.

When are we going to change the names of these parties? We can call them the Tyrannic Party, Coastal Division and the Tyrannic Party, Heartland Division.

COpatriot
11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Stay out of our state!

itshappening
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
so what are they going to do when the coffee shops open, the large scale growing operations and the distribution centers etc.

Are the feds going to run round CO shutting them down, harassing people, threatening indictments and prosecutions?

That's exactly what they're going to do and the Federal courts will find these people guilty.

It might open a few eyes though.

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
We'll sic the County Sheriff on any Fed Agents who dare attempt to arrest one of our law abiding citizens.

Czolgosz
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I dream of a State seceding.

Thor
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Get out the Cheetos and Goldfish, there is gonna be a show...

Lucille
11-07-2012, 01:30 PM
so what are they going to do when the coffee shops open, the large scale growing operations and the distribution centers etc.

Are the feds going to run round CO shutting them down, harassing people, threatening indictments and prosecutions?

That's exactly what they're going to do and the Federal courts will find these people guilty.

Kelley Vlahos (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394898-Marijuana-Legalized-in-Historic-Referendums) talked about that today:

Next, as Jordan Bloom pointed out last week, a federal standoff — a constitutional standoff – may be inevitable. Allen St. Pierre, head of the National Organization to Reform Marijuana Laws (NORML), predicts it will play out in the courts. Likely it will play out in the streets, too. The federal government has been adamant that marijuana is a dangerous drug and under the Obama Administration has taken to stepping up raids against medical-marijuana distributors in California and Colorado to prove it.

Bloom reminds that the Obama administration actually suggested it would stand-down on medical marijuana when President Obama took office in 2008. But that didn’t last long, taking by surprise advocates who thought Obama was on their side. That scenario could happen again:

Consider this hypothetical situation … All of a sudden the DEA starts knocking down doors in Denver or Seattle. But the targets, unlike in California (where there have been more than 800 raids this year) or other medical marijuana states, will not just be dispensaries, but an array of businesses that also sell other things. The governors will be under immense pressure to act to enforce the laws they were elected to uphold. Such action could range from publicly condemning the raids to throwing federal agents in prison: full-on nullification. That’s the “constitutional showdown” the Justice Department has warned us about.

How far states will have to go to exercise self-government depends above all on the intractability of the DEA. I have no doubt that if it actually came down to states arresting DEA agents the federal government would be forced to reevaluate. Doubling down would mean arresting the governor or invading, and that seems exceedingly unlikely.

Acala
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM

The Feds don't have enough manpower to enforce a prohibition without the help of state and local law enforcement - especially in multiple states. The most they could do is try and crack down on sellers. The state could say "You can't use our officers, you can't use our jails, you can't use our courts, you can't use our prosecutors, and any Federal prosecutor who prosecutes a MJ case will be drummed out of the State Bar Association for violating his oath to uphold the Constitutions of the USA and the State of Colorado."
A state with guts could make it really hard for the Feds.

dannno
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I shoudl move to washington... seems the people up there are less brainwashed than the people in california. >.>

California is more diverse by region. There are big hunks of conservative areas with a lot of agriculture especially in and around the San Joaquin Valley. Then there is Orange County and San Diego County who are pretty conservative/suburban/military.

matt0611
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM

Just for convenience. There's no other real purpose.

ninepointfive
11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
so - now we must support Constitutional Sheriffs. There have been only a handful of publicised races - and we need to push for more awareness of the sheriff

AGRP
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Just for convenience. There's no other real purpose.

Dont forget state schools. Without states we wouldnt have state school spirit and sports.

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM

States divvy up land.

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
so - now we must support Constitutional Sheriffs. There have been only a handful of publicised races - and we need to push for more awareness of the sheriff

This is exactly right. The county sheriff is the most powerful elected official in a republic.

Bruno
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
If marijuana is a Schedule 1 narcotic, with high likelihood of abuse and no medicinal benefits, then why does the government grow it and distribute it to patients on a monthly basis? Why did the DEA's own cheif law judge, after two years of review, call it "one of the safest substances known to man, safer than sugar."?

I ask these only as rhetorical questions, of course.

Acala
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
If marijuana is a Schedule 1 narcotic, with high likelihood of abuse and no medicinal benefits, then why does the government grow it and distribute it to patients on a monthly basis? Why did the DEA's own cheif law judge, after two years of review, call it "one of the safest substances known to man, safer than sugar."?

Why do you hate America? Drugs support terrorists.

phill4paul
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Since the citizens of colorado have spoken it seems to me thay need to raise their voices yet again and get a new Governor.

Bruno
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Great question for the DEA

Acala
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Great question for the DEA

The Administration is not amused by your unpatriotic inquiries. [sound of drones]

Bruno
11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
The Administration is not amused by your unpatriotic inquiries. [sound of drones]

http://i49.tinypic.com/drduah.jpg

RonZeplin
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
We seem to be morphing into FEMA regions, with the governors and legislature serving as figureheads, like the Queen of England and her court.

squarepusher
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Appeals court to consider DEA classification of marijuana
Associated Press

Posted: 10/14/2012 05:05:47 PM PDT
Updated: 10/14/2012 05:05:49 PM PDT

By Michael Doyle

McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON -- Medical marijuana users will get a long-awaited day in the nation's second-highest federal court next week, when California-based activists argue for looser regulations.

While voters in Washington and two other Western states are preparing to vote on legalizing recreational pot use, the California activists hope to redefine how the federal government classifies the drug. The case could turn federal law enforcement on its head.
"It's symbolic, and it's extremely important," said Kris Hermes, spokesman for Americans for Safe Access, "and it will force the federal government to rethink how it addresses this issue."
The drug regulation dispute will be taken up Tuesday by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which is influential because it oversees many federal agency decisions. The half-hour argument, pitting Americans for Safe Access against the Obama administration's Justice Department, is the latest step in a drug regulation case begun a decade ago.
Based in Oakland, home base for the nation's medical marijuana movement, Americans for Safe Access is challenging the Drug Enforcement Administration's continued classification of marijuana as a Schedule I drug. Schedule I drugs, which also include the likes of heroin, are deemed to have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use.
The DEA last year
Advertisement

reaffirmed its strict marijuana classification following extended review, and the Justice Department argues the appellate court need not second-guess this decision. "There was no available evidence of adequate, well-controlled studies demonstrating marijuana's safety and effectiveness as a medicine and no consensus among experts as to these issues," Justice Department attorneys Lena Watkins and Anita J. Gay advised the appellate court in a legal brief. "The enactment of state laws allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes did not constitute the required science-based evidence."
Watkins and Gay further cited the "extensive illicit domestic and international trafficking of marijuana as evidence of the widespread use and abuse" of the drug.
An estimated 16.7 million U.S. residents currently use marijuana, according to the most recent federal surveys. Among 12th-graders, an estimated 1 in 5 had used pot within the past month, according to a 2010 survey.
One user has been Parrish, Fla., resident Cathy Jordan, who says marijuana relieves the debilitating symptoms of Lou Gehrig's disease. Another user has been Air Force veteran Michael Krawitz, a Virginia resident in chronic pain from a car accident. A third has been Rick Steeb, a San Jose resident in his 60s who says marijuana has eased the pain of glaucoma.
"I am afraid to cultivate sufficient amounts of marijuana for this purpose because I fear a federal criminal prosecution for doing so," Steeb said in a legal declaration. "If marijuana were rescheduled, I believe I would be afforded a medical necessity defense."
Jordan, Steeb and Krawitz are the human faces put forth on the medical marijuana petition, but their stories will likely remain in the background during the Tuesday morning court hearing.
Instead, the three judges -- two appointed by Democratic presidents, one appointed by a Republican -- will zero in on several key legal disputes.
The first crucial test is whether the medical marijuana advocates have the legal right to file the lawsuit. The Justice Department argues the advocates can't show they suffered the kind of harm needed to bring a case.
If the judges agree, they can dismiss the challenge and avoid the trickier question of whether the DEA acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" in rejecting the original 2002 petition seeking reclassification of marijuana. It took five years for the Department of Health and Human Services to complete its evaluation and recommendations, and another four years for the DEA to issue its decision.

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, the terrorists come to people's homes all hours of the night and break down their doors looking for them.

Edit:
Changed 'they' to 'the terrorists' to clarify.

Indy Vidual
11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Kelley Vlahos (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394898-Marijuana-Legalized-in-Historic-Referendums) talked about that today:

This is exciting:
"I have no doubt that if it actually came down to states arresting DEA agents the federal government would be forced to reevaluate. Doubling down would mean arresting the governor or invading, and that seems exceedingly unlikely."

itshappening
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
The governors will do nothing if the feds raid these places.

The only hope is with jurors throwing out the inevitable prosecutions but those prosecuted will face possible bankruptcy and prison time

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Whether or not this sticks depends on how much spine the Governor, and AG have in those states.

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Whether or not this sticks depends on how much spine the Governor, and AG have in those states.
For sure. They should declare they will protect those who are living under and obeying the laws of their state, from federal tyranny.

Bruno
11-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, they come to people's homes all hours of the night and break down their doors looking for them.

The ones breaking down the doors are themselves the terrorists.

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that's what I was saying.

Bruno
11-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, that's what I was saying.

Gotcha

Occam's Banana
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Each case is going to rise and fall on its own unique facts.

Translation: we're just gonna make shit up as we go along.

We're not interested in bothering people who are sick and are using it in the recommendation of a doctor. We are concerned with people who are using it as a pretext to become large-scale drug dealers.

So, Mr. Blowhard. You've shown us how "compassionate" you are by graciously declaring that you're not interested in harassing & caging sick people.

You've exhibited your "law-and-order" bona fides by declaring how concerned you are with harassing & caging large-scale-drug-dealer wannabes.

But given that the VAST majority of pot-smokers are neither sick nor drug dealers (wannabe or otherwise), hows about you tell us your position on harassing & caging THEM? Hmmmmmmm?

Or would that be asking too much?

Shane Harris
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
unfuckingbelievable. fuck the feds

John F Kennedy III
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM

After living almost my whole life in Kalifornia, I can assure you that you will vastly improve your quality of life by moving to Washington.

ghengis86
11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Any state that gives the DEA so much as a dirty look will see their federal funds evaporate. That's the pressure point.

And who was it that suggested that the states collect all federal taxes and then remit the correct portion to the Feds so they can't get blackmailed in this regard (ignoring the issue with taxes for now)?

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Any state that gives the DEA so much as a dirty look will see their federal funds evaporate. That's the pressure point.

And who was it that suggested that the states collect all federal taxes and then remit the correct portion to the Feds so they can't get blackmailed in this regard (ignoring the issue with taxes for now)?

What the Heartland needs is a mutual protection pact. We already don't get our support of Amtrak back, FEMA takes a week to get here, except for Louisiana and Texas, we don't need a navy, and Washington has yet to pass a one size fits all law that fits us. Furthermore, except for apples and avacadoes, we grow all the food. So, they need us more than we need them--especially if we're expected to grow all the motor fuels, too.

We don't owe society a thing. And now that the Rust Belt has exported all the manufacturing to China, the rest of the nation has nothing to offer us. Time for us to stand up and say, 'Kiss our asses.'

adisongrace
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Doesn't surprise me any...Obama admins. were even speaking on quashing the voter
decision all together.

paulbot24
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
"Next, as Jordan Bloom pointed out last week, a federal standoff — a constitutional standoff – may be inevitable." My money is on the Constitution. Seniority bitchez.

Tudo
11-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Couple of questions. 1st of all let's agree that the government and especially the likes of a dea type police is sleazy and will do extraordinary things to prevent any power being taken away from them and in fact whose powers have grown not diminished over the decades. Over 600,000 Americans were killed to see to it that power would be centralized in washington.

Can the feds just deputize all law enforcement in a big sweeping move thereby forcing locals to uphold federal?

Sorry I wouldn't trust any government with a 10 ft pole and those responses from the dea just seem evil

Can tourists now visit colorado, Washington state and buy/use cannabis without any worry of being arrested?

The Northbreather
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will. This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don’t break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."

He doesn't seem to understand that the "voters" are trying to govern themselves as they well should. Guess he was hoping that they were simply his subjects at the mercy of his divine opinion.

Coloradans should be insulted by his comments.

adisongrace
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Can the feds just deputize all law enforcement in a big sweeping move thereby forcing locals to uphold federal?

No. This issue is much like the alcohol prohibition. No local or state police can be forced to cooperate with
FED raids

Can tourists now visit colorado, Washington state and buy/use cannabis without any worry of being arrested?
As far as I have seen this will not prohibit tourists from using MJ in either anti-Prohibition states.

FrancisMarion
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM

This is a good point and very much relevant. However, think of the tax revenues Colorado could gain from legalized weed, depending on how the state of Colorado decides to regulate weed growth, distribution, and sales.

There might be enough theft revenue for the state to offset those federal funds. They could say, "Keep em. Get the hell out of our state."

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
I suggested that in another thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392692-SALON-Is-marijuana-close-to-being-legalized&p=4687848&viewfull=1#post4687848

youngbuck
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
As far as I have seen this will not prohibit tourists from using MJ in either anti-Prohibition states.

I can't speak for WA, but there is no residency requirement in CO. Just like if you were driving through here/visiting, it wouldn't be illegal for you to stop at a liquor store.

ghengis86
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I suggested that in another thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392692-SALON-Is-marijuana-close-to-being-legalized&p=4687848&viewfull=1#post4687848

Hadn't seen that yet. I think it was at the Tenth Amendment Center or somewhere similar where I saw this a while back. It makes so much sense to me that I can't see the FedGov ever allowing it.

And with the pot revenue as mentioned above, the states could tell the FedGov to shove their bribe money where the sun don't shine. (Is Colorado or Washington tax donor states? As in receive less federal spending dollars back then what was stolen from them?)

Tudo
11-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I can't speak for WA, but there is no residency requirement in CO. Just like if you were driving through here/visiting, it wouldn't be illegal for you to stop at a liquor store.

I posed the same question on the NORML board:
Tudo says:

November 7, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Can tourists to Washington State and Colorado access cannabis ? Will they arrest tourists for coming to Colorado and Washington state to do a little shopping while there?
2nd question please, is a hawaii medical recommendation good in california? Can one shop for meds in cali and fly home to the big island if one lives there?
Gotta get out of byzantine Fla 1st! Thank you

[Paul Armentano responds: I-502 allows for the personal possession of cannabis to those 21 and older. RE: California, it does not allow for reciprocity with other states.]

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 10:17 PM
"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will. .

I understand legalizing weed got 20,000 or 50,000 more votes in CO than Obama did.

Indy Vidual
11-07-2012, 11:29 PM

Yes, no, Yes.... no
Legal by State law, but still a Federal offense.
Will be good to see what happens in the near future.

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2012, 11:52 PM
10th Amendment over some Department attempting to create more havoc all to increase the existence and payrolls... It's not a Constitutional Amendment to be illegal, so you lose DC.

The People need to stand up together against big government oppression.

Florida was losing 11 people a DAY... to OxyCondone opiates... DEA can part their asses out in front of Purdue Pharmaceuticals and Pill dispensaries if they want "To Score".

dillo
11-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Scotus would have grounds to disband the dea if f they went in and arrested someone

paulbot24
11-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Hopefully CO and WA will realize that whatever federal funding they might lose, they can recoup in tourism and new home sales! I would love to get in touch with nature and move to Colorado right about now. I hear it is stunningly glorious.

youngbuck
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Yes, no, Yes.... no
Legal by State law, but still a Federal offense.
Will be good to see what happens in the near future.

Yea, you're technically right. But in all practicality, there are not Feds patrolling the streets looking for people smoking joints in parks, on sidewalks, or anywhere else. Even before this bill passed, there were big rallies where thousands of people would go toke up at the capitol building with no arrests or citations. Now when this law goes into effect, anybody who visits CO will have absolutely no problem, for essentially all intents and purposes, buying herb and smoking it to their hearts' content (assuming they are 21+).

V3n
11-08-2012, 08:52 AM
They should pardon and release any inmates that are there now who wouldn't be under the new law.

Thor
11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I understand legalizing weed got 20,000 or 50,000 more votes in CO than Obama did.

Which means there were some morons that voted for weed and for Romney... I guess they did not know the Romney stance on weed.

youngbuck
11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
They should pardon and release any inmates that are there now who wouldn't be under the new law.

That would be great. Though CO has taken a very limited approach to prosecuting MJ offenders over the past few years. Ever since it was legalized for medical purposes and essentially decriminalized in Denver (cops were instructed to place it as their very lowest priority), the stuff has become nearly ubiquitous.

Indy Vidual
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Yea, you're technically right. But in all practicality, there are not Feds patrolling the streets looking for people smoking joints in parks, on sidewalks, or anywhere else. Even before this bill passed, there were big rallies where thousands of people would go toke up at the capitol building with no arrests or citations. Now when this law goes into effect, anybody who visits CO will have absolutely no problem, for essentially all intents and purposes, buying herb and smoking it to their hearts' content (assuming they are 21+).

A great state just got better. :)

...I hear it is stunningly glorious.

Yes!
http://coloradomountainman.us/images/Maroon%20Bells%20Aspen.jpg

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Which means there were some morons that voted for weed and for Romney... I guess they did not know the Romney stance on weed.

Not necessarily. How many ballots were cast for third party candidates? How many ballots were cast with no vote for president at all?

The bizarre part to me is that any ballots were cast that were pro-legalization, yet also contained a vote for either major party candidate. That's what doesn't make a lick of sense.

newbitech
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
We are concerned with people who are using it as a pretext to become large-scale drug dealers.

I can't tell you how many people I know that got in to smoking weed with the hopes of one day becoming a cannabis cartel kingpin.

Expatriate
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
So while Amsterdam is trying to ban weed for tourists Colorado and Wash. legalize it.

You know, if handled properly this could shift a lot of tourism and business to the US.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
So while Amsterdam is trying to ban weed for tourists Colorado and Wash. legalize it.

You know, if handled properly this could shift a lot of tourism and business to the US.

Considering Colorado is as beautiful as Switzerland, and Cookson Hills weed is better than hash, I'd agree.

libertyjam
11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
the Washington Post

Mexico says marijuana legalization in U.S. could change anti-drug strategies (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexico-says-marijuana-legalization-in-us-could-change-anti-drug-strategies/2012/11/08/7e6d45ba-29ca-11e2-aaa5-ac786110c486_story.html)
By William Booth, Thursday, November 8, 1:08 PM

MEXICO CITY — The decision by voters in Colorado and Washington state to legalize the recreational use of marijuana has left President-elect Enrique Peña Nieto and his team scrambling to reformulate their anti-drug strategies in light of what one senior aide called “a game-changing” referendum in the United States.

It is too early to know what Mexico’s response to the votes will be, but Peña Nieto’s top aide said the incoming administration will discuss the issue when he comes to Washington this month for meetings with President Obama and congressional leaders. The decision, however, is expected to spark a broad debate in Mexico about the direction and costs of the U.S.-backed drug war here.
-More- (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexico-says-marijuana-legalization-in-us-could-change-anti-drug-strategies/2012/11/08/7e6d45ba-29ca-11e2-aaa5-ac786110c486_story.html)

Shane Harris
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
My family JUST decided like a month ago to uproot from Pittsburgh and move to CO Springs. My family has been in Western PA for generations and thanks to shitty state government and economy my mom will be making three times her current salary when she starts working in CO next week. I will definitely follow once I graduate. CO is already hand over fist far more amazing than PA but this puts the cherry on top.

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Heh... heh...

Colorado has the opportunity to create a legal and regulated hemp industry (http://newaghempeconomy.com/2012/07/03/amendment-64-helps-the-industrial-hemp-cause/) ~
Amendment 64 directs the general assembly to regulate the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp.

While I do not wish to give credence to regulations or taxation on goods or services, I am very delighted to learn that Colorado will soon be able to supply Earth friendly high quality products (http://hemp-technologies.com/) to the rest of the tyrannical world.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
While I do not wish to give credence to regulations or taxation on goods or services, I am very delighted to learn that Colorado will soon be able to supply Earth friendly high quality products (http://hemp-technologies.com/) to the rest of the tyrannical world.

And eastern Colorado is just the place where that crop would thrive.

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
And eastern Colorado is just the place where that crop would thrive.

Not far from Oklahoma.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Not far from Oklahoma.

Borders it, in fact.

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Hate to sound conspiratorial, but if I had to bet on something, I bet that if the Colorado Sheriffs start throwing DEA slime in cages for invading their territory, Homeland Security will be mobilized and we'll see first hand what all those armored vehicles and hollow-point bullets are really for.....

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Hate to sound conspiratorial, but if I had to bet on something, I bet that if the Colorado Sheriffs start throwing DEA slime in cages for invading their territory, Homeland Security will be mobilized and we'll see first hand what all those armored vehicles and hollow-point bullets are really for.....

I don't necessarily disagree, yet we do have the truth on our side. Industrial Hemp is the greenest plant known on Earth. (http://hemp-technologies.com/) It will soon be legal to grow on Colorado's farms. I am of the opinion that the liars gig is up. The truth telling ability of the Internet buried the liars.

adisongrace
11-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Well technically all Law Enforcement are trained by DHS... So I'm not exactly sure
how this is all going to play out.

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Well technically all Law Enforcement are trained by DHS... So I'm not exactly sure
how this is all going to play out.

The county sheriff is the most powerful elected official in a republic.

mrsat_98
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, the terrorists come to people's homes all hours of the night and break down their doors looking for them.

Edit:
Changed 'they' to 'the terrorists' to clarify.

unfuckingbelievable. fuck the feds

http://iamnotananimal.org/pdfs/I_AM_NOT_AN_ANIMAL.pdf If this starts making the rounds in enough volume this war will cease.