PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the total Ron Paul write in count?

bill1971
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Be interesting to know.

kenmoellman
11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Be interesting to know.

I'm guessing it's going to be low. The people who were pushing this were misleading. They had KY as a "write-in friendly state". That's wrong. Dr. Paul would have had to submit a legal form, with his signature and a list of 8 Electors, submitted to the Secretary of State along with $50. That didn't happen. Write-ins for Dr. Paul in KY will not count.

Gary Johnson took 0.95% of the vote in Kentucky, which was under the 2% threshold we'd hoped to hit. Had we made it, we would have gained ballot access for all Libertarians in Kentucky.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be low. The people who were pushing this were misleading. They had KY as a "write-in friendly state". That's wrong. Dr. Paul would have had to submit a legal form, with his signature and a list of 8 Electors, submitted to the Secretary of State along with $50. That didn't happen. Write-ins for Dr. Paul in KY will not count.

Gary Johnson took 0.95% of the vote in Kentucky, which was under the 2% threshold we'd hoped to hit. Had we made it, we would have gained ballot access for all Libertarians in Kentucky.

On this site we weren't misleading and KY didn't even make our list. It was for people who wanted to vote for Ron, in any event.

But write ins aren't known for weeks. Some places will say how many total write ins there are, already, but they aren't broken out by candidate yet. In CA it took weeks to get them in 2008. I dont expect the numbers to be high because it was really low key and local until the last week before the election, but I still want to know what they were.

kenmoellman
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
On this site we weren't misleading and KY didn't even make our list. It was for people who wanted to vote for Ron, in any event.

But write ins aren't known for weeks. Some places will say how many total write ins there are, already, but they aren't broken out by candidate yet. In CA it took weeks to get them in 2008. I dont expect the numbers to be high because it was really low key and local until the last week before the election, but I still want to know what they were.

My bad. The misleading was here: http://www.dailypaul.com/261529/sodahead-congrats-to-supporters-of-ron-paul-your-efforts-have-forced-30-states-to-agree-to-count-write-in-votes

It was also on Facebook in several KY Ron Paul pages.

MozoVote
11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
It's a very low priority for vote canvassers.

My county does count write ins on a separate line, they sometimes identify who those people are. It was only 0.22% of the presidential vote though.

JK/SEA
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
already posted this info on another thread. My county...940 write-ins. Ron was not an official write in. Pretty sure he got most of those 940.

Anyone else access their County Auditor web site?

mod...if we start getting posts on numbers, can we start a seperate thread to show these results?