PDA

View Full Version : GOP in Deep Trouble, Ron Paul Looking Good

tangent4ronpaul
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/125562.html

Romney lost today to a guy who is overseeing a horrible economy, prosecuting unpopular wars, and who can barely string 5 words together without a teleprompter. This was the best the Republican Party can do. Not only are the Republicans evil, they're evil and contemptible losers, which is far worse.

The biggest losers tonight are of course people who value peace and freedom, but we would have also lost if Romney won. The GOP is right up there in the loser category, however. The GOP lost seats in the Senate, and did little to improve its position in the House. It has served up two ridiculously bad nominees in a row, claiming "electability" and then going down in flames.

Rand Paul certainly came out of this looking very bad as well. He fell in line behind the party masters, banking on some advantage to be gained through an endorsement of Romney. He ended up just looking politically unsavvy and unprincipled. There is little to be gained either, from playing ball with a Party that as inept as the GOP at this point.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that the GOP may actually show sign of disintegration in the next several years. The GOP has ceased to present any sort of actual alternative, and worse yet, it can't run a winning candidate. Once that happens, the coalition that makes up your political party will begin to fall apart.

The Ron Paul movement is a big winner here. The GOP told the libertarians in the party to get lost, and the GOP paid for it. Interestingly, both Iowa and Nevada, where Ron Paul supporters gained control of the state party, both went to Obama after the Romney campaign actively fought to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters. I guess the GOP got what it wanted there.

There is exactly one movement that offers any real opposition to the status quo, and it ain't the conservative movement, which is on life support and entering a permanent vegetative state. Ron Paul's libertarian movement, brimming with well-educated young people, is the only thing left standing. The GOP operatives who predicted a big victory tonight just look pathetic.

On foreign policy, if it proves to be true that Obama is truly reluctant to engage in the mass murder of Iranians, that may be a victory there all by itself. Time well tell on that one.

And finally, when the economy enters a deep recession in a couple of years (or sooner), it will be good that Obama will be in office. You all know how it would have gone otherwise: After a couple of years of Romney misrule, the media will decide that Romney was the candidate of "free markets." Then, mired in a depression, our wise overlords will declare that "we tried that free market thing, and look what happened."

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/125562.html

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that the GOP may actually show sign of disintegration in the next several years. The GOP has ceased to present any sort of actual alternative, and worse yet, it can't run a winning candidate. Once that happens, the coalition that makes up your political party will begin to fall apart.

The Ron Paul movement is a big winner here. The GOP told the libertarians in the party to get lost, and the GOP paid for it. Interestingly, both Iowa and Nevada, where Ron Paul supporters gained control of the state party, both went to Obama after the Romney campaign actively fought to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters. I guess the GOP got what it wanted there.

There is exactly one movement that offers any real opposition to the status quo, and it ain't the conservative movement, which is on life support and entering a permanent vegetative state. Ron Paul's libertarian movement, brimming with well-educated young people, is the only thing left standing. The GOP operatives who predicted a big victory tonight just look pathetic.

Even where I agree with Lew, as in that quote, I wish he could lay off the insult slinging. I think it hurts the tea party candidates too. I really think people are starting to understand there are big problems and they want answers, not just to make fun of the bad guy.

Ron has the answers and doesn't insult people when he discusses them, which I really appreciate.

I appreciate Lew, but this one aspect of bombast I'd prefer him without.

I don't think we are licking wounds, we had our significance confirmed last night imho, and now it is just onward and upward.

SneakyFrenchSpy
11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Posted by Ryan W. McMaken (rmcmaken@hotmail.com)

Just because it's on LewRockwell.com doesn't mean Lew wrote it, or even approved of it. Sounds familiar?

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Just because it's on LewRockwell.com doesn't mean Lew wrote it, or even approved of it. Sounds familiar?

touche. but I've seen bombast from Lew, as well. And Tom. They are RIGHT, they don't have to do that.

Ender
11-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Even where I agree with Lew, as in that quote, I wish he could lay off the insult slinging. I think it hurts the tea party candidates too. I really think people are starting to understand there are big problems and they want answers, not just to make fun of the bad guy.

Ron has the answers and doesn't insult people when he discusses them, which I really appreciate.

I appreciate Lew, but this one aspect of bombast I'd prefer him without.

I don't think we are licking wounds, we had our significance confirmed last night imho, and now it is just onward and upward.

I don't see the truth as "insult slinging".

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Rand Paul certainly came out of this looking very bad as well. He fell in line behind the party masters, banking on some advantage to be gained through an endorsement of Romney. He ended up just looking politically unsavvy and unprincipled. There is little to be gained either, from playing ball with a Party that as inept as the GOP at this point.

I don't see this as either truth or helpful to the cause of liberty.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Nor do I but there are more neutral ways to present facts and I think that is better outreach. We need people spreading the message and Lew and Tom are naturals for the role, but Ben Swann has the attitude of analysis down better imho.

jnz
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
There is all this talk about the GOP having to reinvent itself. I just don't think it will really happen. What I do think will happen in 2016 is that they will come up with a fake Ron Paul who seems to have many of the same ideas and convictions as the good doctor but is really just one of the boys. They will do this because they will have to accept that they can't ignore us anymore but they will never accept the changes that Dr. Paul wants for the party. In short, my prediction is that they will put up some window dressing, say they are different, keep real liberty candidates from gaining traction through manipulation of the press and voter fraud, but carry on with the business of representing the rich. I've sort of lost hope that things will ever change through the election process.

FSP-Rebel
11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Same ole iconoclasm out of LRC as usual yet very ignorant portrayal of Rand.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
The guy who wrote this is politically clueless and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

Ender
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
The guy who wrote this is politically clueless and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

Prove it.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Prove it.Rand made steps ahead, not backward as this guy states.

supermario21
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I just don't understand why Rand gets chewed out more by the people that should be his most ardent supporters than the establishment right! Here we have a guy who has swiftly increased his stock in the Republican establishment and has been our best voice by far in the Senate with a nearly flawless voting record. This is our chance to make our movement mean something without nominating one of those fakes like Paul Ryan or Rubio in 2016. If you can stomach the left/right Johnson/Stein hypothetical then you could surely rally behind a Rand Paul Republican nomination. Would we ever get closer to the White House than that?

otherone
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Frankly, at this place in time, I have no idea what the Republican message is.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Rand made steps ahead, not backward as this guy states.That remains to be seen. But I understand selling a point and you do it well. I hope you're right.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I just don't understand why Rand gets chewed out more by the people that should be his most ardent supporters than the establishment right! Because people don't think for themselves and listen to people such as Kokesh and Jones, and others who are sensationalists out for their own benefit, or at best have ulterior motives.

Also, a lot of people in the movement are very emotionally reactive which suprises me and don't think things through nor do they bother to educate themselves on the process. I thought we were better than the "sheeple" out there, but some factions of the liberty movement apparently are not.

JS4Pat
11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I vehemently disagree with Rand's decision to endorse Romney. I thought it represented the exact opposite of what our movement is about. That said, I too thought the phrasing in this comment was a little over the top harsh. I hope Rand proves us wrong and is able to advance our cause "his way".

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I just don't understand why Rand gets chewed out more by the people that should be his most ardent supporters than the establishment right! Here we have a guy who has swiftly increased his stock in the Republican establishment and has been our best voice by far in the Senate with a nearly flawless voting record. This is our chance to make our movement mean something without nominating one of those fakes like Paul Ryan or Rubio in 2016. If you can stomach the left/right Johnson/Stein hypothetical then you could surely rally behind a Rand Paul Republican nomination. Would we ever get closer to the White House than that?

Hegelian Dialect (http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/dialectic.htm)

Liberty comes from sound monetary policy and rule of law. Sound money "rings" when it lands of a hard surface. The Coinage Act of 1792 defined the "Dollar" as 371.25 grains of pure silver. When money is good as gold, then people live peaceful, prosperous, free lives and government is very small.

As long as the powers that be can keep the liberty movement from focusing on sound money, and rule of law, they can keep us divided. That is what Hegelian Dialect is all about. Divide and Conquer.

supermario21
11-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I think some of you are freaking out about the endorsement of Romney. Since he made that endorsement, he used his prominence to..

1) crusade against more military spending
2) bash Romney on foreign policy
3) support non-establishment Republicans
4) rail against foreign aid in the Senate

What we should be discussing is how amazing it is that Rand's stock within the party has risen dramatically despite taking all of these contrarian positions to the neoconservative movement. People outside our bubble are seriously saying he is a front-runner and an alternative to the "big traitor" Christie. Did you see Rand much with Romney after the endorsement? He did just a handful of tiny events, and was not at the GOP all-star "NEOCON" fest that was the Cincinnati rally.

In conclusion, Rand is not a sell-out. He's advancing our movement more than Ron ever could. Use Ron as the educational device, and Rand as the salesman. It's working so far and we shouldn't be the ones to thwart him. He's our best hope.

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Frankly, at this place in time, I have no idea what the Republican message is.
Seems to be smoke and mirrors, to me.

Cap
11-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Hey, I gotta be honest, I felt absolutely betrayed when Rand endorsed Romney. That is going to be hard to put behind me.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey, I gotta be honest, I felt absolutely betrayed when Rand endorsed Romney. That is going to be hard to put behind me.Use your brains, not your emotions.

Cap
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Emotions aside, it still brings to question his true core beliefs. Are they absolute like Ron's? Maybe it was all just future strategy, But I'm not 100% convinced.

torchbearer
11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Rand is still my man. We don't agree 100%, but he is leagues beyond all the rest.
I understand his endorsement of Romney. It is golden now.
He didn't make any unnecesary political enemies within the party he would run in...
He didn't give up any of his principles, and even called out Romney on shit.
If you don't support Rand, you fall in the functionally retarded category.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
avoid name calling, please. some will support him, some won't and some may, but not yet.

July
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
touche. but I've seen bombast from Lew, as well. And Tom. They are RIGHT, they don't have to do that.

I think Tom is just sarcastic, that's all. He has a sort of dry sarcastic sense of humor. But yeah, but I guess some people read that as being insulting, though I don't think it's really meant that way most of the time.

And Lew, I dunno. I like Lew a lot, but I get the impression he is trying to really drive the points home. Maybe it is his way of trying to de-sanctify the current system, and break people of delusional attachments to government and politicians. You know, kinda like calling King George a Royal Brute and a pirate.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Emotions aside, it still brings to question his true core beliefs. Are they absolute like Ron's?Yep

lx43
11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
For what its worth I still fully support Rand even with his endorsement of Romney. I'm more concerned how he votes that who he endorses. Even Ron Paul has made mistakes with endorsement--he did endorse Michelle Bachman if memory serves me correctly.

Qdog
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Absolutely, you beat me to the punch. +rep

Qdog
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I think some of you are freaking out about the endorsement of Romney. Since he made that endorsement, he used his prominence to..

1) crusade against more military spending
2) bash Romney on foreign policy
3) support non-establishment Republicans
4) rail against foreign aid in the Senate

What we should be discussing is how amazing it is that Rand's stock within the party has risen dramatically despite taking all of these contrarian positions to the neoconservative movement. People outside our bubble are seriously saying he is a front-runner and an alternative to the "big traitor" Christie. Did you see Rand much with Romney after the endorsement? He did just a handful of tiny events, and was not at the GOP all-star "NEOCON" fest that was the Cincinnati rally.

In conclusion, Rand is not a sell-out. He's advancing our movement more than Ron ever could. Use Ron as the educational device, and Rand as the salesman. It's working so far and we shouldn't be the ones to thwart him. He's our best hope.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to supermario21 again.
I totally agree. I would rather Rand make a bullshit political endorsement of Romney in 2012, and then have a chance to WIN in 2016 and effect positive change... than for him to screw himself out of any chance of a political future by choosing to be symbolically pure and righteous by refusing to play politics.