PDA

View Full Version : Boots On The Ground > Holed Up at Home

argounova
11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
if we all want to make a difference, lets spend less time forum'ing and more time canvassing (aka going door to door to registered voters and pimping our man Paul)

if we just cut our forum'ing time in half (especially arguing over silly things like today's email from the campaign) and spend the other half touching real voters in our districts, we would be doing a whole lot more for Ron Paul than we are sticking our heads up our asses about inane issues.

in the end, its all about votes.

lets band together for liberty and put our man hours where they really matter.

cameronb
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Agreed!

On the 10th we held a "Ron Paul Open House" in our neighborhood - had around 25 people stop by and definitely gained a few votes for RP.

This last Friday, some co-workers and my brother and I decided to start doing some "lunch-hour activism" and went to a nearby retail center, handed out a bunch of slim-jims and engaged people in a friendly, non-confrontational way, and overall it was very effective. Name recognition is still low, but thats precisely why we need to get out and start reaching people. We can't rely on yard signs or billboards nor on the official campaign (though i think they're doing a great job) - we need to get out and talk to people, hand out slim-jims, or DVDs, or whatever you can get your hands on. As long as you're friendly and let people walk by who really don't want to be bothered, it seems to be pretty effective!

argounova
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Agreed!

On the 10th we held a "Ron Paul Open House" in our neighborhood - had around 25 people stop by and definitely gained a few votes for RP.

This last Friday, some co-workers and my brother and I decided to start doing some "lunch-hour activism" and went to a nearby retail center, handed out a bunch of slim-jims and engaged people in a friendly, non-confrontational way, and overall it was very effective. Name recognition is still low, but thats precisely why we need to get out and start reaching people. We can't rely on yard signs or billboards nor on the official campaign (though i think they're doing a great job) - we need to get out and talk to people, hand out slim-jims, or DVDs, or whatever you can get your hands on. As long as you're friendly and let people walk by who really don't want to be bothered, it seems to be pretty effective!

great! i bring slim-jims with me everywhere i go... after a concert or a movie, i rush outside the doors then hand them to people exiting the theatre, usually hooking them with lines like "want to end the iraq war now?" (i live in a democratic town)

speciallyblend
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
we can multi-task,not a problem

argounova
11-21-2007, 02:41 AM
we can multi-task,not a problem

the question is not about multi-tasking, it is about the most efficient allocation of our resources.