PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central Mentions Ron Paul and his movement

AuH20
11-07-2012, 08:05 AM
http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/11/06/ron-paul-knows-the-election-results

Jeremy
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
You forgot to mention RPF is mentioned too rofl

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Thats because they took some idiotic comment on here someone made and decided to use it.

ninepointfive
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
here's the "idiotic" comment.

"If there is still a United States," reads one of today's entries on the Ron Paul Forums, "we should hold a Liberty primary to be decided the week before CPAC 2015. The winner of the liberty primary will get the full support of the movement along with pledged monetary support of all those who vote."

but who cares, only Matt would try and impress the smarmbags who would write an article like that.

TheTexan
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Thats because they took some idiotic comment on here someone made and decided to use it.

Idiotic? It's entirely possible there won't be a United States in 2016. If even one of these central banks around the world decides to dump their dollar reserves in a manner less than 100% carefully, the resulting chain reaction could easily send this country back to the dark ages.

jmdrake
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM

"If there is still a United States," reads one of today's entries on the Ron Paul Forums, "we should hold a Liberty primary to be decided the week before CPAC 2015. The winner of the liberty primary will get the full support of the movement along with pledged monetary support of all those who vote."

but who cares, only Matt would try and impress the smarmbags who would write an article like that.

Yeah. Cause only "legitimate movements" are allowed to have straw polls. :rolleyes:

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 11:11 AM
They keep driving wedges.

I hope we get enough sense to see them driving wedges, realize that's the key to their success, and concentrate all our efforts on building bridges. Because divide and conquer is the corporate strategy, and it shouldn't be ours too.

AGRP
11-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I dont know if there will be a US in 2015. Most likely there will be, buts a valid question if you're well versed on the UN and the transamerican corridor. But, who am I? I guess Im not a fortune teller who works for Viacom at Comedy Central.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM
haha

AuH20
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM
An outfit funded by Viacom mocking us??? The irony is too rich. If I remember correctly months back, Colbert was ripping preppers to shreds for their absurd preparations. So much for that laughter, now that the shorelines of both Long Island and New Jersey have been forever altered. Let them have their fun.

tod evans
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
They just gave me back 40yrs by calling me a "teenager".

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Idiotic? It's entirely possible there won't be a United States in 2016. If even one of these central banks around the world decides to dump their dollar reserves in a manner less than 100% carefully, the resulting chain reaction could easily send this country back to the dark ages.

Let's not be daft and knee-jerk emotionalists like the tea party 9-12 Glenn Beck crowd, shall we?

The government of the united states has survived presidents as bad and even worse than Obama. 4 more years will obviously take us in the wrong direction, but it won't take us there any faster than the rate we are already going.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
The government of the united states has survived presidents as bad and even worse than Obama. 4 more years will obviously take us in the wrong direction, but it won't take us there any faster than the rate we are already going.

Who cares about the government? What about the people?

And how can you be so sure that the rate of decline won't change--especially with QE3 out there waiting to crash the currency?

Excuse me if I lack faith in your crystal ball.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't think they are mocking. From reading their coverage over the last month or so, they don't think it was the 'election to end all elections' either, but they are a comedy site. I think they actually threw us a shout out in the 'Ron Paul supporters we've come to know and respect' while still poking fun at the outre statements we can make amongst ourselves.

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Just goes to show that they are reading the Forum.

ninepointfive
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Let's not be daft and knee-jerk emotionalists like the tea party 9-12 Glenn Beck crowd, shall we?

You probably don't have the short term memory to remember that you just called someone on the RP forums out for making an, "idiotic" comment in your own words. Thus siding with the author of the article and those who share the sentiments of "those gosh darn whacky Ron Paul people".

I suggest going more, "mainstream", because we're all too whacky for your politiking.

TheTexan
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM

The economic situation we're in today is unprecedented through the history of central banking, and the history of this country. Never before have banks held so much excess reserves. Why do you think inflation has been minimal over the past few years, despite the heavy printing? They're hoarding the cash.

When they dump it, that inflation will hit us like a brick in the face, and will cause a knee jerk reaction sending the dollar into an inflationary spiral.

It has nothing to do with Obama. Same thing would happen under Romney. It's not about "taking us in the wrong direction"... we've already reached our destination: the edge of the cliff. We're teetering over the edge, and a single wrong move will send us crashing.

The crash is coming. Soon. Maybe not in the next 4 years, but less than 10 I'm sure of that. When it does hit, it will hit us hard. And I'm not talking about just an economic depression. I'm talking about riots in the streets because they are starving because their food stamps aren't being accepted.

belian78
11-07-2012, 11:25 AM

How about you quit name calling and insulting people everytime you go to make a point? You are not some intellectual genius here to help us heathens on RPF.

twomp
Just goes to show that they are reading the Forum.

Exactly! We are on their radar. Our time is coming and hopefully we spend it building bridges like Sailing says instead of tearing them down. Our ideas after all, are the correct ones.

PauliticsPolitics
for those who do not like the small mobile link in the OP, here is the normal link:
http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/11/06/ron-paul-knows-the-election-results

(http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/11/06/ron-paul-knows-the-election-results)I personally think it is funny.
If you can't step back and tweak yourself a little, your life will be pretty dull.
Sometimes things are funny because they are true...

AuH20
11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
The economic situation we're in today is unprecedented through the history of central banking, and the history of this country. Never before have banks held so much excess reserves. Why do you think inflation has been minimal over the past few years, despite the heavy printing? They're hoarding the cash.

When they dump it, that inflation will hit us like a brick in the face, and will cause a knee jerk reaction sending the dollar into an inflationary spiral.

It has nothing to do with Obama. Same thing would happen under Romney. It's not about "taking us in the wrong direction"... we've already reached our destination: the edge of the cliff. We're teetering over the edge, and a single wrong move will send us crashing.

The crash is coming. Soon. Maybe not in the next 4 years, but less than 10 I'm sure of that. When it does hit, it will hit us hard. And I'm not talking about just an economic depression. I'm talking about riots in the streets because they are starving because their food stamps aren't being accepted.

Very true, the course was set in motion decades ago. And Obama will accelerate the trend. His entire governing philosophy is built upon the premise of massive deficits and commerce killing regulations. We will lucky to avoid a 25 trillion debt (non-mandatory only) before he wraps up. Eventually, the overburdened credit markets will freeze up, sending the house of cards to the floor.

AGRP
11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't think they are mocking. From reading their coverage over the last month or so, they don't think it was the 'election to end all elections' either, but they are a comedy site. I think they actually threw us a shout out in the 'Ron Paul supporters we've come to know and respect' while still poking fun at the outre statements we can make amongst ourselves.

They are mocking, but its a net positive because they included a link to the rpf which will direct traffic here and someone may learn a thing or two. Who knows the truth of it all? Perhaps the writer knows we speak the truth and mocking was the condition of including a link or talking about Ron Paul.

Welcome comedy central fans. Want to know why college is so expensive? Want to know why there are no decent jobs? Want to know about ways you can promote and educate people about liberty? Maybe take part in the favorite past time (smoking an herb) of most comedy central viewers without being kidnapped and tossed in a cage? Youve come to the right place.

AuH20
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
They are mocking, but its a net positive because they included a link to the rpf which will direct traffic here and someone may learn a thing or two. Who knows the truth of it all? Perhaps the person knows we speak the truth and mocking was the condition of including a link or talking about Ron Paul.

Welcome comedy central fans. Want to know why college is so expensive? Want to know why there are no decent jobs? Want to know about ways you can promote and educate people about liberty and maybe legally be able take part in the past time (smoking an herb) of most comedy central viewers without being tossed in a cage?

Actually, satire is routinely used as a weapon to discredit those who you consider to be a threat. They are keenly aware how popular Ron Paul is at college campuses across the country. They do not want young adults leaving the plantation anytime soon. So Ron Paul and his cute little ideas are tolerated for the sake of amusement purposes.

AGRP
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Actually, satire is routinely used as a weapon to discredit those who you consider to be a threat. They are keenly aware how popular Ron Paul is at college campuses across the country. They do not want young adults leaving the plantation anytime soon. So Ron Paul and his cute little ideas are tolerated for the sake of amusement purpoes.

Well, its not working. Ron Pauls campus tour was extremely popular.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
You are not some intellectual genius here to help us heathens on RPF.Around here lately, I beg to differ :p

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM

The crash is coming. Soon. Maybe not in the next 4 years, but less than 10 I'm sure of that. When it does hit, it will hit us hard. And I'm not talking about just an economic depression. I'm talking about riots in the streets because they are starving because their food stamps aren't being accepted.Maybe... but an economic crash doesn't change the fundamentals of politics.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 11:44 AM
10. Liberals think small, wizened creatures shouldn't be concerned with gold, but can't explain why social security recipients can't afford anything better than cat food.

9. Liberals never take what Romney partisans say seriously, unless they can get a little propaganda value out of it.

8. Liberals are jealous of teenagers who can read existentialists, or who can even pronounce 'existentialist'.

7. Liberals assume that the coming North American Union will be a democracy, and will make voting legal.

6. Liberals like Chris Matthews are glad Sandy killed people and made people homeless, because this allows them to prove they love people and want us to be happy.

5. Liberals think the way to beat corporatism is to let the lobbyists write even more federal regulations to crush mom and pop businesses.

4. Liberals would never harm anyone, but would rather shoot Romney than look at him--even though Romney is more liberal than Obama.

3. Liberals think Rand Paul, who fights to end the wars, is their enemy, and Obama, who starts more wars, is their friend.

2. Liberals think when Michele Obama insults people by calling them fat, it's for their own good.

1. Liberals actually think Comedy Central is funny.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Around here lately, I beg to differ :p

You beg for a leg to stand on. Case in point? Here we have Matt either denying that the New Deal could never have happened before the Great Depression, or denying that the New Deal ever happened at all:

Maybe... but an economic crash doesn't change the fundamentals of politics.

ninepointfive
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
After watching comedy central for a little while during the Republican primary - it became apparent the propaganda is mirrored between colbert report and the the daily show.

They threw RP a bone, but after it was only Romney, Santorum, and Paul in the race - they went black on RP.

amonasro
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Actually, satire is routinely used as a weapon to discredit those who you consider to be a threat.

I disagree. SNL routinely does political satire. It legitimizes mainstream politicians and makes them likeable.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I disagree. SNL routinely does political satire. It legitimizes mainstream politicians and makes them likeable.

And, at least the way they do it, completely dumbs down the conversation, too.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Bump for visiting Democrats.

jmdrake
11-07-2012, 01:59 PM

Matt Collins: Don't panic.

Ron Paul: Time to panic. (See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNc9qST95rY)

jmdrake: Be prepared in case it's time to panic.

jmdrake
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe... but an economic crash doesn't change the fundamentals of politics.

People aren't worried about the "fundamentals of politics". The fundamentals of politics are working fine in Greece.

http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/athens_12_15/a09_17323793.jpg

kcchiefs6465
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Lighten up people. At least Ron Paul's message of the two major political parties being virtually the same on main issues was publicized beyond CNN. Does anyone know who the article quoted?