PDA

View Full Version : Attention Republicans!

CaptUSA
11-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Many of you are shocked that a President with this record could get re-elected. The economy is in bad shape and is teetering on the edge of collapse, the debt burden is higher than it has ever been, our foreign policy has become so muddled and confused and is putting us in increased danger, and the government is becoming more and more involved in every economic decision of every individual. How could Americans not reject this?

Unfortunately, those in our movement knew this was a predictable outcome. If you wanted Americans to reject these policies, you needed to have a candidate that would fully reject these policies. Neither Romney nor McCain did this. Regrettably, the GOP has taken over the primary process and has been preventing the real issues from being debated.

Remember the Tea Party influence in 2010. It worked well until the party co-opted the grassroots movement and then immediately pushed it aside. It was bad enough that the media ostracized the movement, but if we are to learn from this, we have to realize that the GOP did the same thing. If we want Americans to reject the policies that are destroying this nation, we must reject them ourselves!

We may have our differences about the long-range wisdom of our foreign policy, but we agree on so much. We believe that it is immoral to incur a debt you have no intention of repaying. We believe that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness cannot be infringed upon by the government. We believe that the best way to spread liberty through the world is to demonstrate the perfect example.

Our movement is about seeing through the left/right paradigm and coming to the understanding that it is us against the government – not left against right. If you want to win again politically, you need to win again on ideas. And that is where this movement holds the most value.

The GOP uses our minor differences to divide us against each other. And they are quite successful. Now that the election is over, I urge you to seek our help on our points of agreement and try to keep an open mind about how to achieve our mutual goals. Now is the time to remove the partisan blinders and tell these politicians that they may no longer divide us for their own political advantage.

For Liberty!

Philhelm
11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm vindictive. My facebook post was:

I remember during the Republican primaries in which people told me that Ron Paul "just can't win" and that it was of paramount importance to oust Obama so a strong candidate was needed. Never mind the fact that Ron Paul had polled higher than any other GOP candidate in a hypothetical general election against Obama. I voted in the primary for Ron Paul, and even donated money to his campaign, such was my conviction. I suspect that most of you didn't even vote in the primary, much less donate money for the cause.

The fact of the matter is that most people in the Republican party don't really have true conviction in free markets, limited government, individual liberty, and the U.S. Constitution. The 2nd Amendment is a glorious thing, but there are other Amendments, such as the 4th, which frequently and conveniently get ignored. Most of you don't really understand what the Founding Fathers were trying to achieve, so any claims of your conservative credentials ring hollow. If George Washington himself ran for the GOP nomination, you would crucify him for his proposed foreign policy of avoiding entangling alliances.

In any case, we will never know if Ron Paul would have won the general election. However, I can say this with certainty: Mitt Romney just can't win.

You have four more years to get it right.

CaptUSA
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I was trying to stay away from vindictive. We need them to see us as their avenue to defeating progressivism.

We can try to convert them, or we can try to get them to see us as useful to their cause. Either way, it opens a door between us instead of shutting one.