PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Should Loan Himself Some Money

Thom1776
11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
He has a few million in gold. I don't have a problem with him loaning himself $2,000,000.

ne1buthilary
11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
enough with the bullcrap.. we're doing fine. we're ahead of our goal. we will surpass 12 million. we're doing fine.

Matt Collins
11-21-2007, 11:02 PM
No - until Ron Paul is a household name, we are not doing fine.

mavtek
11-21-2007, 11:04 PM
No - until Ron Paul is a household name, we are not doing fine.

Agreed! I say more radio ads! More radio ads on all stations!
During peak times! More radio call ins! Put on the boots, go door to door if you have to!

Myerz
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Matt...you are correct. Until the MSM submitts...we will never surrender!

FFFFFFFF RRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE DDDDDDD OOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMM!

cmc
11-21-2007, 11:11 PM
He has a few million in gold. I don't have a problem with him loaning himself $2,000,000.
A few million in gold? Hmm, I haven't heard this before...

werdd
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
we are outraising everyone else at this point, why?

PRIEST
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Is RP a multi-millionaire? :/

Sematary
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
After having some time to think this through, it is time to realize that the "goal" was just something to shoot for - a hope if you will. We are exceeding that hope, or expectation but the more successful we are, the more successful the campaign is going to want to be and the more money they will need. This, in turn, will make them more succesful and they will need more money - it's a good thing. :)

specsaregood
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM

Yes.
You can peruse his financials here:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/politics/20070517_DISCLOSURES/ronpaul.pdf

You can feel free to do the math, but IIRC his net worth is around 3-4million. Of course that represents 50 years of working hard and we all know that he is fiscally responsible. Not to mention how much he could have been worth if he had not turned down the LOADS of MONEY offered while in public service: pension, lobbyist kickbacks, etc...

And NO, he does not need to loan his campaign money. That is something that egomaniacs that WANT to be President for selfish reasons do. Ron Paul did not want to run to be president, he was encouraged/forced by liberty minded people that knew that he was our best hope during this election. If we want him to be our president, it will be up to us.

me3
11-21-2007, 11:38 PM
After having some time to think this through, it is time to realize that the "goal" was just something to shoot for - a hope if you will. We are exceeding that hope, or expectation but the more successful we are, the more successful the campaign is going to want to be and the more money they will need. This, in turn, will make them more succesful and they will need more money - it's a good thing. :)
Thanks Bob. Tellin' it straight.

And NO, he does not need to loan his campaign money. That is something that egomaniacs that WANT to be President for selfish reasons do. Ron Paul did not want to run to be president, he was encouraged/forced by liberty minded people that knew that he was our best hope during this election. If we want him to be our president, it will be up to us.
Exactly. Dr. Paul funding the campaign would just undermine the fact that it is by the people, for the people.

Matt Collins
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Agreed! I say more radio ads! More radio ads on all stations!
During peak times! More radio call ins! Put on the boots, go door to door if you have to!
We only need radio ads on talk radio stations. Then we need TV ads during the news. Then we need newspaper ads in the editorial, business, and local sections - every day until the primary.

dircha
11-22-2007, 12:29 AM

Yes, he is worth a few million, but he is also 72 years old.

You will be a multi-millionaire at the age of 72 as well if you have been - or will be - saving from your 20s onward and intend to be able maintain your current standard of living in retirement.

mport1
11-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I would love for RP to donate money to himself or for the campaign to take out a loan.

michaelwise
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Ron should save his investments. Soon his 2 million will be worth 20 million. Then he can lend himself money for his Presidential campaign against Hillary.