PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed? No third party or even "Other" votes displayed.

Original_Intent
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Always in the past, they usually showed it in smaller numbers at the bottom of the screen, but they have in the past shown the third parties results as well as write-ins being lumped together in "Other".

It makes me think there must have been a lot of other, and TPTB are trying to kill any momentum by ignoring them in the media.

I'm thinking it is really important that we raise some hell about this and demand some transparency.

They are also showing all percentage splits as virtually 100% split between the two main candidates so instead of their combined percentage being 95% or whatever, it is 98-100% in every state. I'm feeling this is important that we dig out and spread the truth.

Bruno
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Purposeful ommision is telling.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:54 PM
they won't until at least tomorrow, and write ins not until next week... and they'll trickle in for weeks only after being bugged. We will have to spread them ourselves if we want them spread.

FrancisMarion
11-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Always in the past, they usually showed it in smaller numbers at the bottom of the screen, but they have in the past shown the third parties results as well as write-ins being lumped together in "Other".

It makes me think there must have been a lot of other, and TPTB are trying to kill any momentum by ignoring them in the media.

I'm thinking it is really important that we raise some hell about this and demand some transparency.

They are also showing all percentage splits as virtually 100% split between the two main candidates so instead of their combined percentage being 95% or whatever, it is 98-100% in every state. I'm feeling this is important that we dig out and spread the truth.

Agreed. Full report!

VoluntaryAmerican
11-06-2012, 11:05 PM
What news sites are doing this?

Original_Intent
11-06-2012, 11:35 PM
What news sites are doing this?

Don't know about web, but ABC, NBC, CBS on the TeeVee...I assume CNN, Faux and MSNBC are doing the same just because they all seem to read the same script

libertariantexas
11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Yup, in previous years, they'd show any candidate who had 1% or more.

I had 3+%, and the Green Party candidate had 1% in a Congressional race in Texas. I couldn't find my totals anywhere except the official secretary of state web page.

acptulsa
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Of course not. They don't want to show the trend. Besides, they're probably still doing a bit of vote flipping to hide it. They could be busy all night...

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
where i live gary johnson got maybe 1 vote for every 1,000 votes, so pointless

libertariantexas
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM
"where i live gary johnson got maybe 1 vote for every 1,000 votes, so pointless"

We are talking about all candidates, not just the Presidential candidate.

We are also talking about the national news, not just "where you live."

Plus, I doubt there is any state where Gary Johnson got "maybe 1 vote for every thousand votes."

Danke
11-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Yup, in previous years, they'd show any candidate who had 1% or more.

I had 3+%, and the Green Party candidate had 1% in a Congressional race in Texas. I couldn't find my totals anywhere except the official secretary of state web page.

At least four years later, your man Obama won, again.