PDA

View Full Version : [qualified]Florida Ron Paul Write-In Votes Will Not Be Counted

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
http://government.brevardtimes.com/2012/11/florida-ron-paul-write-in-votes-will.html

For those who are thinking about writing-in a candidate for the 2012 Presidency on Election Day, your write-in candidate must have registered as a write-in candidate in order for those votes to be counted.

There had been much talk over the internet about a Ron Paul write-in in Florida. However, those votes will not be counted or reported because Ron Paul did not register as a write-in candidate in Florida. The reason is that every write-in candidate must take an oath that:

"that he or she is qualified under the Constitution and laws of the United States to hold the office to which he or she desires to be nominated or elected; that he or she has qualified for no other public office in the state, the term of which office or any part thereof runs concurrent with that of the office he or she seeks; and that he or she will support the Constitution of the United States."

The applicable Florida Statute follows in relevant part:

99.021 Form of candidate oath.—

...(1)(c) The officer before whom such person qualifies shall certify the name of such person to the supervisor of elections in each county affected by such candidacy so that the name of such person may be printed on the ballot. Each person seeking election as a write-in candidate shall subscribe to the oath prescribed in this section in order to be entitled to have write-in ballots cast for him or her counted.

randpaul2016
11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
idc I wrote in. Wasnt the only one. Over 500 in my county wrote in. Almost 1000 for Gary Johnson

RonPaulMall
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Doesn't matter. Not many folks write in anyway, so whatever number Paul got would have been tiny and just used to discredit us. Me and my girlfriend chose the principled route and didn't vote at all. Polling station in Miami Beach was a virtual ghost town when I walked by too, so seems like a lot of others joined us.

phill4paul
11-06-2012, 07:47 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29736892.jpg

RPSupporter305
11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I love Ron Paul but I don't share the same opinion with you here about writing him in even in states where the votes won't be counted. I just don't feel it's right. I know a lot of you are going with your gut and so am I. I voted for Gary Johnson here in Miami.

Mani
11-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I love Ron Paul but I don't share the same opinion with you here about writing him in even in states where the votes won't be counted. I just don't feel it's right. I know a lot of you are going with your gut and so am I. I voted for Gary Johnson here in Miami.

I did the same...Mailed in my absentee vote for Gary Johnson. I probably would have written in Ron Paul had it counted but being registered in FL I knew it wouldn't.

MelissaWV
11-06-2012, 08:47 PM
It "counts" in that it will be in the "Other" pool, and in that I know I wrote him in, keeping my pledge that I would not vote for a lesser evil. As long as you voted your conscience, you didn't waste a thing.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
They don't have to count them but if you look at 2008 results a number of counties DID count them.

And as Melissa says, 'other' says 'none of the above'.

J_White
11-06-2012, 09:56 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29736892.jpg

^ This.

opal
11-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Wrote him in.. proud of it.

any of you Floridians have a streaming link to see what's going on.. I don't have tv.. cable doesn't come where i live

I'd like to see if Bill Nelson can pack his things and go home among other things

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Wrote him in.. proud of it.

any of you Floridians have a streaming link to see what's going on.. I don't have tv.. cable doesn't come where i live

I'd like to see if Bill Nelson can pack his things and go home among other things

Fox seems to think Nelson won over Mack from what I saw before I couldn't stand watching Fox any more.

Tudo
11-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Fk Fla. And I've lived here more than half my life. Felony for an oz of pot, incredibly corrupt system. I guess it's the whole country. Looks like obama just got re-elected. Fk you gop traitors. Never forget!

opal
11-06-2012, 10:26 PM
thanks Sailing.. guess I'll try to get fox playing.. sigh

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:27 PM
thanks Sailing.. guess I'll try to get fox playing.. sigh

well, at that time Romney was kinda losing FL although they weren't calling it, and he came back, so maybe Mack's votes changed too.

opal
11-07-2012, 06:16 AM
looks like Nelson is staying.. *gag*
our little Calen Fretts got over three percent of the vote against Jeff Miller
nice showing for a young Liberatarian in this neck of the woods.

Again..Florida is not done counting *eye roll* Absentee and provisional ballots are not counted yet in many counties
not sure that's going to make a different in any of the races that would matter.