PDA

View Full Version : What Would you do as President?

lx43
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Sorry about my grammar I'm trying to type this up fast so I hope you can understand what I'm trying to convey.

While waiting in line to vote I talked with someone standing next to me about the lack of options we have to vote for from President down to coroner. There where some candidates that had no opponents running against them in almost all of the local elections I voted on today. That got me thinking, if I where elected President what would I do.

My first act would be to order the withdrawal of all American forces stationed on foreign soil to return to US territory, I would begin to close our embassies because I see no need to for them with modern communication/travel, I would halt all drone attacks, and I would lift economic sanctions on all foreign nations.

I would propose to Congress as my first budget proposal to cut spending by $1.2 trillion in my first year in office. Followed by another trillion cut the following year. I would order the federal govt to begin to sale off govt assests as budget agencies got cut.

One of the biggest things I would do is let you opt-out of the system because it really angers me that some person has the power to vote to take away your property that you worked for regardless of whether you get your money from a 9-5 job, investments, or from a business you own. You should be able to keep your money regardless of whether 51% or 80% of your neighbors vote to take away your money to pay for whatever wealth redistribution program they may want or whatever country they want to protect. Also, I feel that the check/balances on the growth of govt is no longer in effect and that our elected officials no longer follow the words written in our constitution. In my opinion every person has God given rights to their life, to their property, and you have the right to be secure in your possessions. I would therefore use one of the seldom use constitutional powers I would have as President and that is the power to pardon. I would pardon you from:

1. Paying any federal income taxes.
2. Any capital gains taxes
3. Corporate income taxes
4. FICA Taxes.
5. Fines imposed by federal regulators

In other words, I’d let you opt-out of the system we have so that you would have veto power over what the govt does with your money. I believe everyone should have the right to deny consent to a govt that becomes too large and destructive. Secondly, members of Congress/President do not read the laws they have passed. Why should you be forced to pay for programs and follow laws that your elected officials have not thoroughly read? This is just as immoral to me as paying taxes.

With that said, what would you do as President?

fisharmor
11-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't think any of us would get more than one thing, since whatever that first thing is, it would result in some supersonic lead poisoning.

Feeding the Abscess
11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
That would be beautiful. Pardoning tax "evaders" and declining to prosecute them would effectively end the income tax.

Pericles
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
1. Repeal all executive orders
2. Veto everything
3. Nominate the Judge to SCOTUS
4. Issue the withdrawl order forr Iraq and Afghanistan

Wow! is it lunchtime already?

Travlyr
11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I would tell Congress to obey the Constitution or go home.

"This is why I have taken steps to restore the constitutional monetary system envisioned and practiced by our Founding Fathers. I recently introduced HR 1098, the Free Competition in Currency Act. This bill eliminates three of the major obstacles to the circulation of sound money: federal legal tender laws that force acceptance of Federal Reserve Notes; "counterfeiting" laws that serve no purpose other than to ban the creation of private commodity currencies; and tax laws that penalize the use of gold and silver coins as money. During this Congress I hope to hold hearings on this bill in order to highlight the importance of returning to a sound monetary system.

Allowing market participants to choose a sound currency will ensure that individuals' needs are met, rather than the needs of the government. Restoring sound money will restrict the ability of the government to reduce the citizenry's purchasing power and burden future generations with debt. Unlike the current system which benefits the Fed and its banking cartel, all Americans are better off with a sound currency." - Ron Paul

TonySutton
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Make sure my administration was fulfilling its constitutional duties and nothing more.

Ask Ron Paul to be my Secretary of State

Ask Judge Napolitano to be my Attorney General

VIDEODROME
11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Beer Summit

Aeroneous
11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Take a long overdue vacation to Martha's Vineyard.

PreDeadMan
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Nothing.....

ninepointfive
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Become a Dictator - You will be free under the constitution.

Toss a few people to the sharks

CaptUSA
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Two things:

1. Select Ron Paul as running mate.
2. Resign.

jkr
11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Two things:

1. Select Ron Paul as running mate.
2. Resign.

^THAT^

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Deploy a squadron of B-52's to carpet bomb "K" street.

That should fix everything else.

-t

mport1
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Top 2 items of business. 1. Abolish the military. 2. Pardon all non-violent "criminals."

ShaneEnochs
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm not going to lie. The power would go to my head. I'd probably become a dictator.

Elwar
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm not going to lie. The power would go to my head. I'd probably become a dictator.

+1 President has a lot of power. We are all humans.

The key is to have Congress shrink that power.

acptulsa
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't think any of us would get more than one thing, since whatever that first thing is, it would result in some supersonic lead poisoning.

First thing I'd do as president elect would be check my pistol, stock up on clips, and start hiring my own bodyguards. I'd then get a high performance non-limousine, preferably without a back seat. When I got to Washington, I'd inform the Secret Service they're no longer needed and inform both the Air Force and Marines that they could mothball their special aircraft for the duration; I'd not be leaving the surface of the earth during my tenure.

Somewhere in there, I'd ask Ron Paul to be my vice president, and inform him that we were never to be in the same place at the same time. I would also invest as much time as it took to make the man paranoid enough to survive. Among other things, I'd make a point of announcing during my inaugural that there is absolutely zero chance of me shirking my duties by taking my own life. I would also move everyone I love either into the White House or to a completely undisclosed location where anyone can be seen approaching from at least a half mile in any direction. The only thing I can disclose about the location is that it will be heavily armed and armored.

I do believe I would then travel to a random Army base, pick a few random platoons, and ride with them on the truck to Langley. I would then instruct them to seize all the information on a few incidents (9/11 comes to mind) and get them down to Kinko's for copying prior to dissemination. Best to get that stuff out of the way very, very early. Might take the heat off. Maybe.

Let power go to my head and become a dictator? I'm sure I'll be much too busy being paranoid to have time for that...

tod evans
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Reinstate the constitution as it's written and authorize public hanging of any legislator who tries to spin what's written in the constitution.

ninepointfive
11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
1. Abolish the military.

yeah, ummm and then what happens?

DamianTV
11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Hmm, nullify Congress because it is the opposite of Progress?

Zippyjuan
11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Nuke China.

chudrockz
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Ummm... life?

If your point is that the absence of a standing army would leave us vulnerable to attack, I have to vehemently disagree. Private people owning (and knowing how to use) private guns ensure that we will NEVER be invaded. Successfully, anyway.

mport1
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM

We are a lot safer, less people get murdered, less money is stolen from the populace, and there is no longer a monopoly on protection services.

tod evans
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Ummm... life?

If your point is that the absence of a standing army would leave us vulnerable to attack, I have to vehemently disagree. Private people owning (and knowing how to use) private guns ensure that we will NEVER be invaded. Successfully, anyway.

We have been invaded and we pay them with our tax dollars for the privilege...And even better "they" would like to take away the guns we do have...

The standing "army" that worries me isn't the Army/Air Force/Navy and Marines, it's cops and alphabet government agencies, I've not heard of any "soldiers" declaring war on american citizens............Ever.

opal
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
You mean after I change my pants - cuz I'd shit myself first.

Release citizens jailed on non-violent crimes.

Release non-citizens jailed to the nearest border

torchbearer
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
nothing.

acptulsa
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
nothing.

I understand completely.

"Coolidge is the first president to figure out that what Americans want is to be let alone" --Will Rogers 1924

I fear, however, that there is much, much more that needs to be undone than there was in Coolidge's day.

MelissaCato
11-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I would definately wreck and rip out all those shrubs and flowerless plants around the White House .. who planted that crap anyhow ? My White House would be looking like something out of a Disney movie .. that's for sure. :D

thequietkid10
11-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Ummm... life?

No sorry, no rag tag group of rednecks with machine guns and rocket launchers is going to stand a chance against a standing army with bombers, tanks, balistic missiles and a navy. Iraq and Afghanistan may be miserable violence quagmires for the United States, but under no circumstance are we worse off then those fighting to kick us out. If they wish to invade us, we will drive them out eventually, but it is the equivalent of rape victim scratching her attacker until he stopped. Sure she fought him off, but at the end of the encounter he has claw marks on his face, she was raped.

We are a lot safer, less people get murdered, less money is stolen from the populace, and there is no longer a monopoly on protection services.

Exactly how many Americans have been killed by the military against their will?

Czolgosz
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Go on permanent vacation and give the veto stamp to my secretary.

Editnote: bang the secretary, only if she's teh hawt

mport1
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Exactly how many Americans have been killed by the military against their will?

The millions of innocent foreigners who have been murdered by the military don't count?

thequietkid10
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
The millions of innocent foreigners who have been murdered by the military don't count?

Sure they do, just not as much as me, my friends, and my family. This whole "we are one" thing is admirable, it also completely ignores basic human nature, just like communism.

lx43
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
nothing.

While I agree with you about doing nothing to add to federal govt size. Would you not order American troops out of Afghanistan and all other foreign nations? Would you not use your pardoning ability to free Americans from paying taxes?

mport1
11-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Sure they do, just not as much as me, my friends, and my family. This whole "we are one" thing is admirable, it also completely ignores basic human nature, just like communism.

All human beings are equal. People in the geographic area known as "America" are no better than anybody else.

lx43
11-06-2012, 08:41 PM
That would be beautiful. Pardoning tax "evaders" and declining to prosecute them would effectively end the income tax.

I agree pardoning taxpayers who wanted out of the system would be beautiful. That is why I why I said if you wanted to opt-out of the system I would pardon you from paying taxes as a way to starve the beast. You get enough people who stopped paying taxes the govt would decrease significantly.

But I would only pardon you if you stopped accepting govt benefits.

TheTexan
11-06-2012, 08:41 PM
bring the troops home then dismantle the office, fire all government employees I can, and bulldoze the white house. Build a tiny memorial, myself, that just says "Never Again"

torchbearer
11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
While I agree with you about doing nothing to add to federal govt size. Would you not order American troops out of Afghanistan and all other foreign nations? Would you not use your pardoning ability to free Americans from paying taxes?

sorry, bring all troops home.
dismantle the federal standing army.
repeal all previous executive orders.
fire all executive employees.
put a for sale sign on the white house.
return home and then grow a garden.

lx43
11-06-2012, 08:43 PM
sorry, bring all troops home.
dismantle the federal standing army.
repeal all previous executive orders.
fire all executive employees.
put a for sale sign on the white house.
return home and then grow a garden.

Excellent!!! Sounds good to me!

Cutlerzzz
11-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Take up Santa Anna's title of "Napoleon of the West" and order invading armies into Mexico and Canada.

Turn British Columbia and Cuba into my own private property.

Use fear of terrorists to take firmer control over the populace.

Feeding the Abscess
11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Take up Santa Anna's title of "Napoleon of the West" and order invading armies into Mexico and Canada.

Turn British Columbia and Cuba into my own private property.

Use fear of terrorists to take firmer control over the populace.

Sounds good. Where do I sign up?