PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't decided how to vote yet...

erowe1
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Then just don't.

Why waste your time?

Do something that can actually do some good for someone instead.

Need a suggestion?

How about writing a letter of encouragement to Irwin Schiff in prison. The address is here:
https://www.facebook.com/FreeIrwin

Feeding the Abscess
11-06-2012, 11:52 AM
bump

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
In b4 thread is shut down and erowe banned for thoughtcrime.

Elwar
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Instead of voting, use that time on Mechanical Turk to make a dollar:
https://www.mturk.com

Chester Copperpot
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Instead of voting, use that time on Mechanical Turk to make a dollar:
https://www.mturk.com

WTH is all that?

Elwar
11-06-2012, 12:32 PM
WTH is all that?

"Mechanical Turk" is some weird thing where people do menial tasks that are not yet able to be done by machines or computers.

You can basically make a VERY small amount of money by clicking on links or doing craigslist posts etc.

I spent about half a day on it once and made about $1.50.

They say that the money makers on there are things like transcribing audio.

It is also a good place if you want a shitload of menial stuff done for cheap.

An example on there right now:
Find a Phone Number for this Business (Given the business information, find their phone number)
Reward: 1 cent

Travlyr
11-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Not voting, or simply voting red team blue team is exactly what TPTB want. They don't want you to be informed, and they do not want to be forced to obey the rule of law. They want you to watch TV, listen to their radio shills, read their newspapers, go to their schools, and watch their movies, and vote which ever way they say, or don't vote at all.

Philhelm
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
It's not hard to spell "Ron Paul," so there is no reason to not vote.

Todd
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
It's ok. When I show up at the polls there's always someone there who has a handy dandy sample ballot with the blocks already filled in. All one has to do is go to the voting booth and make your official ballot look like your paper one. ;)

Sola_Fide
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Bump.

If evil choices are the only ones given to you, don't choose.

erowe1
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
For those who don't have Facebook:

Irwin Schiff 08537-014
FCI Fort Worth
P.O. Box 15330
Fort Worth, TX 76119

erowe1
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
It's not hard to spell "Ron Paul," so there is no reason to not vote.

I don't see any difference between doing that and not voting.

Or, look at it this way. I declare that when I eat bean soup, that counts as a vote for Ron Paul. So in reality, I guess I did vote, since I'm eating bean soup. And I didn't even have to go to the polls.

Travlyr
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM

Or, look at it this way. I declare that when I eat bean soup, that counts as a vote for Ron Paul. So in reality, I guess I did vote, since I'm eating bean soup. And I didn't even have to go to the polls.

The presidential candidacy is entirely controlled by the Washington D.C. media. This much we know from Bill O'Riley, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz, George Stephanopoulos, and all the Washington D.C. goofy girls who strut their stuff on national TV and radio. In 2012, we KNOW this is true. But your local candidates, township, city, county, and state level candidates matter more. Vote for the good ones and oust the rest.

Campaign for Liberty candidate surveys. (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/)

chudrockz
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I had Kurt Bills for Senate to vote for. As well as two idiotic proposed constitutional amendments to vote AGAINST.

But writing a letter of support to Irwin Schiff is a great idea, I'll do that.

TomtheTinker
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't do facebook...If somebody could hit him up and thank him for doing something few of us have the courage to do.

Philhelm
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM

I do not believe that to be true. If eating bean soup counts as a vote for Ron Paul, then it could be argued that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama, which is false. Therefore, eating bean soup is eating bean soup, while voting for Ron Paul is voting for Ron Paul.

torchbearer
11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
you could clean out your freezer instead.

erowe1
11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
I do not believe that to be true. If eating bean soup counts as a vote for Ron Paul, then it could be argued that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama, which is false. Therefore, eating bean soup is eating bean soup, while voting for Ron Paul is voting for Ron Paul.

Whatever you think you did that was voting for Ron Paul, it was some kind of purely symbolic gesture. The reason you think that symbolic gesture was "voting for Ron Paul" is because you in your own mind have decided that it was. For me, this is eating bean soup. For you, perhaps it involved going to some place that you decided was special to you and writing something on a piece of paper that you decided held some significance to you. That special place could just as easily have been your bathroom. And that piece of paper could just as easily have been the back of a receipt. And the pencil could have been your finger. It's not like it's for anyone other than you to read anyway.

Travlyr
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Whatever you think you did that was voting for Ron Paul, it was some kind of purely symbolic gesture. You could have just as well gone to a polling place, gotten a ballot, filled in the oval for Obama, and declared that for you that was a vote for Ron Paul, as whatever it was you actually did. It's not like whatever you did that you think was voting for Ron Paul was in any essential way different than my eating bean soup.

The president is a symbolic figure. That's all. Your local reps are worth voting for.

mport1
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
+rep

erowe1
11-06-2012, 06:29 PM
The president is a symbolic figure. That's all. Your local reps are worth voting for.

I agree with that. I thought about voting for some things down the ballot. At the end of the day I didn't have any in mind that were worth it.

Travlyr
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree with that. I thought about voting for some things down the ballot. At the end of the day I didn't have any in mind that were worth it.

Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" is changing that.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/