PDA

View Full Version : The stakes were just too high this election, so I was forced to vote Republican.

Philhelm
11-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I voted for Republican candidate Ron Paul, the gentleman from Texas. Why, what were you thinking?

PauliticsPolitics
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
haw haw...

madengr
11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I voted for Republican candidate Ron Paul, the gentleman from Texas. Why, what were you thinking?

I voted for Johnson on the premise they need the 5%. I was in line a whole 3 minutes this morning, whereas the line at Metcalf South was 1.5 hour wait on Saturday. Voted for Bellam (vs Yoder since he was against CCW several years ago and supports patriot act), then the rest were Republican. Voted out all the judges.

Philhelm
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I voted for Johnson on the premise they need the 5%. I was in line a whole 3 minutes this morning, whereas the line at Metcalf South was 1.5 hour wait on Saturday. Voted for Bellam (vs Yoder since he was against CCW several years ago and supports patriot act), then the rest were Republican. Voted out all the judges.

I did a write-in for Ron Paul, voted for Joel Balam, voted for the remaining Republicans, voted no for all of the judges, and yes for the boat tax question. My wife voted for Johnson; we went for the split option between NOBP and supporting the Libertarian candidate.

Edit: Maybe we should build a tunnel to each others' homes filled with food, water, guns, and ammo so that we can have an escape route for when they round up everyone that didn't vote for Obama or Romney. :p

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I was astounded. My mind was a blank.

:p

Just for that I'll wait to plus rep you!

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I did a write-in for Ron Paul, voted for Joel Balam, voted for the remaining Republicans, voted no for all of the judges, and yes for the boat tax question. My wife voted for Johnson; we went for the split option between NOBP and supporting the Libertarian candidate.

Edit: Maybe we should build a tunnel to each others' homes filled with food, water, guns, and ammo so that we can have an escape route for when they round up everyone that didn't vote for Obama or Romney. :p

Well here's Ron Paul's speech thanking everyone he knows will write him in today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4&feature=fvst

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
No, HERE is Ron Paul addressing writing him in on Oct 13 2012 in Victoria TX, at about 26:50 when he starts Q&A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpi6EEx3TnM

Well here's Ron Paul's speech thanking everyone he knows will write him in today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4&feature=fvst

oyarde
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I held my nose and voted for 4 Libertarians , one Republican , 0 Democrats. The two candidates that were best were a Libertarian and Republican running for the same Senate seat , I had to vote for the Pub because I cannot have the Dem win that.Waited in line 1 hr 15 minutes for that.....I have never been there more than 10 minutes before.

angelatc
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Got me!

Aeroneous
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM

I didn't like the boat tax measure. Everything I read about it was that it basically gave the government the option to change taxes however they saw fit, without any inclination as to what would actually happen to boat taxes if it were passed. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't like the sound of it.

Philhelm
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I didn't like the boat tax measure. Everything I read about it was that it basically gave the government the option to change taxes however they saw fit, without any inclination as to what would actually happen to boat taxes if it were passed. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't like the sound of it.

I thought it was a tough call since the implication was ambiguous. What I had read (for whatever that's worth) is that the intent is to lower taxes on boats. I voted "Yes" to disentangle the taxation criteria hoping that perhaps they'd lower taxes on it in the future. Of course, it could go in the other direction as well. I think it could be rationalized either way.

fisharmor
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Hah, I'm gonna use that.

Aeroneous
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I think it could be rationalized either way.

True.. I guess I just couldn't get past the ambiguity.

youngbuck
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I held my nose and voted for 4 Libertarians , one Republican , 0 Democrats. The two candidates that were best were a Libertarian and Republican running for the same Senate seat , I had to vote for the Pub because I cannot have the Dem win that.Waited in line 1 hr 15 minutes for that.....I have never been there more than 10 minutes before.

Pretty much what I did. I wrote in Ron Paul, voted Libertarian every chance I had (which was 4 or 5), and voted republican when only Republican and Democrat were options.

axioms-and-ideas
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Silly ;-)
I was gearin' up for a read of rationalization.

asurfaholic
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM

Me too, voted for the true republican. Champion of Liberty, Dr Ron Paul.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/thebubba1018/4A75E122-7604-435B-994B-7AA25654761B-858-00000122F92A3843.jpg

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Silly ;-)
I was gearin' up for a read of rationalization.

welcome to the forums!

phill4paul
11-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Pretty much what I did. I wrote in Ron Paul, voted Libertarian every chance I had (which was 4 or 5), and voted republican when only Republican and Democrat were options.

Same. Except I actually voted for a Dem because the Rep is a neo-con and has held too many terms. Time to open that slot for a future liberty candidate.

jclay2
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul in Illinois. Technically, it doesn't count because of the unconstitutional voting laws we have, but I don't care. I protested, however small it was, and that was all that mattered to me. On the section for, should these judges be retained, I put no for every single judge listed in chicago...hahah. Too bad nothing will change and the Titanic is still going full speed into the iceberg.

alucard13mmfmj
11-06-2012, 04:19 PM
lol my dad wants me or assumes i'd vote for obama/democrat.

i think most asians will vote for obama.

twomp
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
lol my dad wants me or assumes i'd vote for obama/democrat.

i think most asians will vote for obama.

Me, my sister and my buddy all wrote in Ron Paul. So there's 3 asians right here in California for Ron Paul lol!

youngbuck
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Same. Except I actually voted for a Dem because the Rep is a neo-con and has held too many terms. Time to open that slot for a future liberty candidate.

I think the only Rep I resorted to voting for was for County Commissioner, strictly Dem vs Rep. I looked at their websites, and the Rep sounded more fiscally conservative, but I admittedly knew nothing about either of them.

alucard13mmfmj
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Me, my sister and my buddy all wrote in Ron Paul. So there's 3 asians right here in California for Ron Paul lol!

nice job lol. XD...

georgiaboy
11-06-2012, 05:19 PM
http://bouncetv.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/fat_albert_shows.png

nobody's_hero
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I just used the 'mortal kombat' video-gaming tactic of 'pressing a bunch of buttons.'

I can't really remember who all I voted for but as a general rule I don't vote for unchallenged incumbents unless I really like the person. My county sheriff is a democrat, unchallenged, but I know him personally and he does a pretty good job.

juleswin
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Lets see, I voted Libertarian, Democrat, democrat, republican( on local elections). I already knew I wasn't going to vote for the land stealer in Deb Fischer and I hate Bob Kerry so I did a coin flip before going in and Bob Kerry won. By the way, Johnson was the only libertarian on my voting sheet. I also voted for Ewing just because I want to show Lee Terry the door. Terry ran an add touting his free market credentials while talking about restricting foreign import of oil from ME countries.

Makes one wonder if he actually knows what the free in free market stands for