PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls yesterday

Elwar
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I am in Florida, usually I never receive any get out the vote or poll calls when I lived in Texas or Georgia.

Yesterday I received a poll call asking my race, age, party and whom I was voting for. I chose "Other". I had been polled a few weeks ago and they also only provided two choices and I had to explicitely say "neither", which was not an option.

I also answered my wife's phone last night and answered the same poll.

My wife received a call from a GOTV for Romney with some old guy asking who I was voting for, I told him I was writing in Ron Paul because of the way that Mitt Romney treated Paul's supporters during the national convention. Just as the guy was trying to convince me to vote Romney my phone rang, so I picked it up and could hear the old guy in the background as I hung up one phone and some lady came on. I told her I was voting for the Republican, Ron Paul. She was like "that's great....wait, you're not voting for Ron Paul are you?". I told her I was voting for him because of the way his supporters were treated during the national convention and that I hoped Romney loses. She was just like "that's too bad". I kept on but she hung up...

In retrospect I should have kept them on the line as long as possible letting them think that they could convince me to vote Romney.

CaptUSA
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I keep them all going as long as possible. I tell them things like, "I'm still thinking about voting for your guy, but aren't you bothered by..." And then I use whatever issue they pretend to care about that their candidate has a poor record on.

Mitt Romney - Romneycare, Spending increases, liberal record
Obama - Indefinite detention, drone wars, illegal executions without trial

It's funny trying to get them to convince me that their guy is good when they have to defend records to which they are adamantly opposed. And it takes a long time.