PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives on Twitter are Aggressively attacking Nate Silver

AngryCanadian
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I have never seen so many Conservatives on Twitter attacking pollsters like this before let alone 2008.

Heres a tweet from Sean Davis adviser to Gov. Perry.

Predictions welcome: at what time tonight will Nate the Great (@fivethirtyeight) have his first wrong state?

Replies.

8 PM. NH goes Romney

8pm. Virginia.

730. Ohio.

When asked that Nate has never been wrong before.

Riiight. Except for IN in 2008, AK and CO and NV Senate races in 2010, and the entire U.K. parliamentary elections.

Damon Lindelof
There's a 92% chance that tomorrow, I will unfollow Nate Silver.

NATE SILVER: Obama's Odds Of Winning Have Now Hit 85%/// this is just one others put it at around 63-66%

I have never seen Conservatives been Aggressively as on Today that sounds pretty much desperately.

JK/SEA
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
not surprised. Ever seen someone die?...usually they have a last gasp twitch and heavy breathing before their heart stops.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
These people are going to look like total idiots tonight if Silver turns out to be right. Maybe the shock to the brain by a large Obama victory will be enough to open their minds.

Czolgosz
11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
not surprised. Ever seen someone die?...usually they have a last gasp twitch and heavy breathing before their heart stops.

Actually, they crap their pants.

JK/SEA
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Actually, they crap their pants.

hah!...true...but after the heart stops and everything relaxes and shuts down.....

wish i could pull the plug now..

nasaal
These people are going to look like total idiots tonight if Silver turns out to be right. Maybe the shock to the brain by a large Obama victory will be enough to open their minds.

They'll just claim voter fraud and media collusion. They'd have to admit that they simply waste their time supporting their faux candidates, and they don't want to do that.

itshappening
if Obama wins Ohio its over and Obama is leading nearly every poll there that's why he has it so high.

For Romney to win the scientific polls in Ohio have to be hopelessly wrong

AuH20
11-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Based on the high registration levels I'm hearing in the rural counties in Pennsylvania that abstained from voting for McCain in 2008, Silver's projections look off.

JK/SEA
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Based on the high registration levels I'm hearing in the rural counties in Pennsylvania that abstained from voting for McCain in 2008, Silver's projections look off.

wishin' or hoping' ?

AuH20
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
wishin' or hoping' ?

Neither. I'm voting Virgil Goode. But the anti-Obama vote is very strong based on registration reports. I wouldn't be surprised to see Romney steal Pennsylvania and lose Ohio.

fletcher
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Those people aren't conservatives. They're big government Republican statists. You have to be if you support Mitt Romney.

robert68
11-06-2012, 10:09 AM

It's not just Silver, it's pretty much everyone. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/pa/pennsylvania_romney_vs_obama-1891.html)

QWDC
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
So you can get millions of website hits by just claiming to get 48/49 out of 50 states correct and blogging about it? I think political blogging might be the career for me, I majored in stats.

Cowlesy
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I've never seen a polling place as filled as mine this morning. Usually I'm the only voter there. Obama is turning out his people in droves.