11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
wrote in Ronald Ernest Paul in Hamilton cty, oHIo

AND IT FELT GREAT!

Good on ya! +rep

liberalnurse
11-06-2012, 08:46 AM

AND IT FELT GREAT!

Me too!! I debated on Ron Paul vs. Ronald Earnest Paul and chose the latter. Very well known in our little church where I vote. Long line, just chit chatting with everyone. Not about politics. They certainly all know my views. When it was my turn, I smiled the whole time I was typing in his name. They knew. I feel great, as well. I'm still smiling. :D

Bruno
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I typed in Ron Paul. No one but Paul

Mega rep!

Carole
11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I also typed in Ron Paul. :)

Elwar
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I wrote in RON PAUL

(all caps because Ron Paul could be turned into RomNey!)

kathy88
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Just celebrated my vote by getting a CCP.

PierzStyx
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Voted RON PAUL for PRESIDENT and ANDREW NAPOLITANO for VICE PRESIDENT in California! Proudest and best vote of my life. And its officially counted and reported. NOBP!

Stellwagen
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
write in for Paul here in MA! it counts for me

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Now, Kathy, what do we say about bad titles in grassroots central? :p

+rep!

FSP-Rebel
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
My proudest vote is for Kerry.

CaptUSA
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I just typed in Ron Paul as well.

I would have enjoyed it much more if I was alone in the polling room. Seeing the others mindlessly vote for the candidate of their party's choice left a sour taste.

+ rep to all who had to endure the same experience!

sparebulb
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Good for the Ron Paul write-ins.

I would have done the same, were it not for my fear that my ballot would be thrown out, nullifying my local election votes.

I voted Gary Johnson.

kathy88
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7Bb-ARCQAA0hLi.jpg

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Good for the Ron Paul write-ins.

I would have done the same, were it not for my fear that my ballot would be thrown out, nullifying my local election votes.

I voted Gary Johnson.

that never happens if they allow write ins at all. At least I've followed up on that and found NO jurisdiction where that happened and I checked a bunch. People should vote for Johnson if they WANT to but this misleading people to pretend Ron endorsed him or to pretend their whole ballot will be thrown out if they do really shows insecurity by those spreading those rumors, not to mention dishonesty. I know good people have been tricked by them so I am not saying that is you, but it pisses me off to see this circulating.

Many Ron Paul supporters will vote for GJ only because they stopped tracking and think cos media tells him so that he is 'just like Ron Paul'. Others will because they WANT to. But tricking people to do it is cheap imho.

georgiaboy
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
for the children.

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2012, 12:12 PM

AND IT FELT GREAT!
One of the most beautiful places in the lower 48. :) :cool:

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
btw, NOBP! :D

georgiaboy
11-06-2012, 12:16 PM

AND IT FELT GREAT!

awesome swing state vote.

I feel great today, too. Voting rocks.

Henry Rogue
11-06-2012, 12:16 PM
No image available do to laws in my state.
I wrote in Ron Paul.

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
that never happens if they allow write ins at all. At least I've followed up on that and found NO jurisdiction where that happened and I checked a bunch. People should vote for Johnson if they WANT to but this misleading people to pretend Ron endorsed him or to pretend their whole ballot will be thrown out if they do really shows insecurity by those spreading those rumors, not to mention dishonesty. I know good people have been tricked by them so I am not saying that is you, but it pisses me off to see this circulating.

Many Ron Paul supporters will vote for GJ only because they stopped tracking and think cos media tells him so that he is 'just like Ron Paul'. Others will because they WANT to. But tricking people to do it is cheap imho.

Sure. It won't get "thrown out". But it won't be reported either. That's not a "rumor" or "dishonesty". It's what I saw the last election. There was no mention of the write in vote on the news that night, although there was some short mention of third party candidate votes. And these tallies won't show up when secretary of state offices compile votes for posterity. Look at these results from TN 2008.

http://www.tn.gov/sos/election/results/2008-11/uspresident.pdf

Note that there are vote totals for Obama, McCain, Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, Moore, Nader and Jay. Note there is no "write in" total listed. There is no "Ron Paul" total listed. I know for a fact that some people in my area wrote in Ron Paul. Note the Baldwin and Barr votes are pretty evenly split.

Now is it possible for someone to do some "electoral magic" and tally the overall vote - the presidential vote and come up with some number? Maybe. But how good will it be? What happens to people who voted for president and didn't vote for anything else? And who's going to generate this magic number? Who will publish it? And most importantly who will care?

That said, I didn't vote for Gary Johnson. I voted for Virgil Goode and in good (no pun intended) conscience.

dinosaur
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
This is the first presidential election that I didn't vote in since I turned 18. I now regret not getting an absentee ballot. If I were in my home state right now, I'd be writing in Ron Paul. Something just doesn't feel right for me about not voting, and I wasn't sure that would be the case. I was going back and forth, toying with the idea that non-participation was the best option. My conscience tells me that I should have acquired a ballot and written in Ron Paul! Live and learn I guess. I'm a little sad, but at least I don't have that sick feeling in the pit of my belly that I got after I voted for Bob Dole. That was my last neocon vote. I guess this is my last non-vote.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Sure. It won't get "thrown out". But it won't be reported either. That's not a "rumor" or "dishonesty". It's what I saw the last election. There was no mention of the write in vote on the news that night, although there was some short mention of third party candidate votes. And these tallies won't show up when secretary of state offices compile votes for posterity. Look at these results from TN 2008.

http://www.tn.gov/sos/election/results/2008-11/uspresident.pdf

Note that there are vote totals for Obama, McCain, Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, Moore, Nader and Jay. Note there is no "write in" total listed. There is no "Ron Paul" total listed. I know for a fact that some people in my area wrote in Ron Paul. Note the Baldwin and Barr votes are pretty evenly split.

Now is it possible for someone to do some "electoral magic" and tally the overall vote - the presidential vote and come up with some number? Maybe. But how good will it be? What happens to people who voted for president and didn't vote for anything else? And who's going to generate this magic number? Who will publish it? And most importantly who will care?

That said, I didn't vote for Gary Johnson. I voted for Virgil Goode and in good (no pun intended) conscience.

some places it is counted some it isn't, and some it is only if you follow up, so we should. If you care that much about it being counted when the election is by electors, then you should find out the status of counting in your area and we have lists of that as best we could, and NOT dishonestly. But that is different from faking that the RESt of your ballot is thrown out.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
This is the first presidential election that I didn't vote in since I turned 18. I now regret not getting an absentee ballot. If I were in my home state right now, I'd be writing in Ron Paul. Something just doesn't feel right for me about not voting, and I wasn't sure that would be the case. I was going back and forth, toying with the idea that non-participation was the best option. My conscience tells me that I should have acquired a ballot and written in Ron Paul! Live and learn I guess. I'm a little sad, but at least I don't have that sick feeling in the pit of my belly that I got after I voted for Bob Dole. That was my last neocon vote. I guess this is my last non-vote.

well if you have twitter you can help get #writeInRonPaul trending, or you can bump threads here when those of us who do are tweeting (right now I'm in twitmo for tweeting too much). But I feel very good about having written in Ron Paul!

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
some places it is counted some it isn't, and some it is only if you follow up, so we should. If you care that much about it being counted when the election is by electors, then you should find out the status of counting in your area and we have lists of that as best we could, and NOT dishonestly. But that is different from faking that the RESt of your ballot is thrown out.

Oh. I just saw "sparebulb" say that he was worried about his "local results". :o Yeah, that's totally wrong. Writing in whoever you want doesn't affect any other votes. That said, I look forward to the GOP looking at the numbers of everyone who voted 3rd party....with envy.

roho76
11-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I did a real write in. Old school.

KEEF
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Just like in '08, it felt great writing in Ron Paul. I walked away from the booth with a smile.

sparebulb
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I only do what I do because after the election debacle of 2000, a local media story ran where our county clerk submitted the totals of ballots that were thrown out for untold reasons. Thus, my concern. I think that an intelligent voter will take into account just how successful their write-in campaign will be based on how their votes are counted in their locality.

People should vote for Johnson if they WANT to but this misleading people to pretend Ron endorsed him or to pretend their whole ballot will be thrown out if they do really shows insecurity by those spreading those rumors, not to mention dishonesty. I know good people have been tricked by them so I am not saying that is you, but it pisses me off to see this circulating.

WTF?

Be pissed if you want. Just take it up with the right people.

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2012, 01:09 PM
+ reps to all who wrote in Ron Paul. I wrote in Ron Paul, evidence here.>http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394639-My-vote-and-story&p=4716089#post4716089
My +rep whoring thread on the same subject is here- http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?393753-Now-I-can-rep-whore-like-AF!-)&p=4703615#post4703615 :D

sparebulb
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Mr. Moderator:

I advise that you review the rules of member conduct and consider your own behavior.

I have no hidden or subversive agenda and am not intentionally spreading falsehoods. If you don't know that, you should know that. I don't need an apology, but you need to keep a grip.

sparebulb
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Oh. I just saw "sparebulb" say that he was worried about his "local results". :o Yeah, that's totally wrong. Writing in whoever you want doesn't affect any other votes.

My county clerk has, in the past, released the numbers of ballots that were thrown out. There are no explanations given as to why. Have I personally inquired? No. But it was a surprisingly large number for a small population county. Unless you have queried my county clerk, you can't definitively say one way or the other about how my county counts it's votes, but knowing what I know about my local election officials, I can definitively say that I am suspicious.....which brings me full circle to come to a cautious decision that I elect not to make a write-in vote.

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
My county clerk has, in the past, released the numbers of ballots that were thrown out. There are no explanations given as to why. Have I personally inquired? No. But it was a surprisingly large number for a small population county. Unless you have queried my county clerk, you can't definitively say one way or the other about how my county counts it's votes, but knowing what I know about my local election officials, I can definitively say that I am suspicious.....which brings me full circle to come to a cautious decision that I elect not to make a write-in vote.

What's the rules for being a poll watcher in your county? Here are the rules where I live:

http://www.nashville.gov/vote/poll_watcher.asp

Of particular note:

WHAT MAY POLL WATCHERS DO?

Watch and inspect performance in and around polling place.
Speak to the judges and the officer of elections.
Through judges they may challenge voters.
During preparation and certification, inspect the poll lists, paper ballots and supplies and the machines.
They may inspect the ballots while being called and counted.
They may inspect the counters on the machines to make sure that numbers are entered accurately.
During preparation and certification they may inspect the tally sheets.
They may present a protest of any aspect of the conduct of the election to the “Officer of Elections,” County Election Commission/Commissioner or Inspector.
They may be in anyplace in the polls except in the machine (or where they could see how a voter is marking the ballot)

The best way IMO to deal with the problem of votes being thrown out is to become a poll watcher. And sure not everyone has time to do this. But if we were organized the way we should be, there ought to be 1 Ron Paul volunteer per polling place. Alas, we are not that organized.

Q11Q
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I could smell the stench of evil coming from Romney and Obama voters at my polling place today.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Mr. Moderator:

I advise that you review the rules of member conduct and consider your own behavior.

I have no hidden or subversive agenda and am not intentionally spreading falsehoods. If you don't know that, you should know that. I don't need an apology, but you need to keep a grip.

I did not say you intentionally spread falsehoods, I said this rumor is false and is being spread. Someone made it up.

Sam I am
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I voted for gary johnson

TheGrinch
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
+rep to Kathy and everyone who voted here, whoever you voted for.

I wanted to write in Dr. Paul like last time, but with not being 100% sure it would be counted in GA (at least some write-in votes for him did show up last time, but I've not gotten any confirmation they all will), so I had to go with the man on the ballot, Gary Johnson. I can't feel bad though supporting third-party candidates, when it really just amounts to a protest vote anyway.

QuickZ06
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
SWEET!!!!!!! Same here as well, the man is in the ballot box where I am.

Now I get to spend the next 5 minutes +rep everyone!

dannno
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I thought you were going to say you didn't write him in, you wrote him out by drawing a big giant RON PAUL all over the ballot cause it wouldn't count if you wrote him in or something.

TheTyke
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul.

Thought of voting for one of the others, but this year there wasn't even a Chuck Baldwin! So I did what I really wanted to do, and cast it for Dr. Paul!

My state wouldn't reject a ballot for that. But it's completely understandable voting for someone else if your state would!

The Revolution Continues!

VanBummel
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Just celebrated my vote by getting a CCP.
+rep

Wow, same here! I applied for my CCP (first things first :) ), and then typed in Ron Paul.

Nirvikalpa
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14377_10151305315108832_1727230013_n.jpg

opal
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
geeze.. read the thread title and though.. who are you and what did you do with Kathy
*wheew*

chudrockz
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I can't provide evidence, as the voting I did was only semi-private at best and I woulda felt like a schmuck taking a picture of my ballot, but I DID, in fact, write in Ron Paul! It felt terrific.

Oh and then the clincher: for my state representative and state senator (both Democrats and both unopposed - sigh) I wrote in Satan for Rep and Beelzebub for Senator.

Then I wrote my own name in for Soil and water conservation.

I *did* get to vote for Kurt Bills and Allen Quist at least! :)

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I can't provide evidence, as the voting I did was only semi-private at best and I woulda felt like a schmuck taking a picture of my ballot, but I DID, in fact, write in Ron Paul! It felt terrific.

Oh and then the clincher: for my state representative and state senator (both Democrats and both unopposed - sigh) I wrote in Satan for Rep and Beelzebub for Senator.

Then I wrote my own name in for Soil and water conservation.

I *did* get to vote for Kurt Bills and Allen Quist at least! :)

The GOP would rather you had switched your first and second votes, you realize that....

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2012, 10:03 PM
We wrote in Ron Paul!

-t