PDA

View Full Version : MOD: FALSE RE Tweet Important: Florida Ron Paul Write-In Votes [may]Not Be Counted

ronpaulfollower999
11-06-2012, 07:58 AM
This article was tweeted from Ron Paul's twitter: FALSE neither his House NOR Campaign twitter accounts tweeted this - in fact in FL it is only counted to Ron rather than to 'other' if the county wants to because they don't have to. In 2008 some counties did, most probably didn't. Your vote is up to you but this was NOT tweeted from Ron's twitter account.

Florida Ron Paul Write-In Votes Will Not Be Counted (http://government.brevardtimes.com/2012/11/florida-ron-paul-write-in-votes-will.html)

For those who are thinking about writing-in a candidate for the 2012 Presidency on Election Day, your write-in candidate must have registered as a write-in candidate in order for those votes to be counted.

There had been much talk over the internet about a Ron Paul write-in in Florida. However, those votes will not be counted or reported because Ron Paul did not register as a write-in candidate in Florida. The reason is that every write-in candidate must take an oath that:

"that he or she is qualified under the Constitution and laws of the United States to hold the office to which he or she desires to be nominated or elected; that he or she has qualified for no other public office in the state, the term of which office or any part thereof runs concurrent with that of the office he or she seeks; and that he or she will support the Constitution of the United States."

The applicable Florida Statute follows in relevant part:

99.021 Form of candidate oath.—

...(1)(c) The officer before whom such person qualifies shall certify the name of such person to the supervisor of elections in each county affected by such candidacy so that the name of such person may be printed on the ballot. Each person seeking election as a write-in candidate shall subscribe to the oath prescribed in this section in order to be entitled to have write-in ballots cast for him or her counted.

cmo4ever
11-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Too bad still did it, took a picture.

I'ld like to tell my children I was able to vote for him. This opportunity will not come again.

The Magic Hoof
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't think there's a way to write in Ron Paul in Louisiana... right? Just want to make sure.

Darguth
11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't think there's a way to write in Ron Paul in Louisiana... right? Just want to make sure.

I'm like 90% certain that Louisiana doesn't allow or count (can't remember which) write-in candidates, unfortunately.

Bern
11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Same deal in Texas. Paul is not registered as a write in candidate and therefore voting for him as a write-in won't count.

The Magic Hoof
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, just confirmed it, Louisiana is one of 8 states that don't allow write-ins.

There are some other 3rd party type candidates on the ballot. Johnson, but there's a constitution party guy. I read that he supported and voted to spend money on the Iraq war. That was all I needed to know to not vote for him. I've considered Johnson but I'm still just a bit wary... I'm not going to vote.

Bern
11-06-2012, 09:03 AM
TMH - I'm sure there are state-wide and local races that will have a significant impact on your life and community that are worth a little consideration. Please inform yourself and go vote - even if you leave the POTUS choice blank (in which case, you might as well write in Ron Paul because it has the same effect).

The Magic Hoof
11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Actually that's a good idea. There's a thing on there about gun laws in Louisiana so maybe I'll go vote for that and leave most of the stuff blank. By the way, what's TMH mean?

Elwar
11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
In Florida...wrote in RON PAUL.

Stuck to what I said I would do. Like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would do.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
It was actually counted in a bunch of counties last time just because they wanted to. I will check Ron Paul's twitter account though, that is a very odd thing for his 'twitter accoun't' to do since it hasn't tweeted at all since the convention.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
This article was tweeted from Ron Paul's twitter: FALSE neither his House NOR Campaign twitter accounts tweeted this - in fact in FL it is only counted to Ron rather than to 'other' if the county wants to because they don't have to. In 2008 some counties did, most probably didn't. Your vote is up to you but this was NOT tweeted from Ron's twitter account.

Please send me the tweet @usernamenuse so I can see the account that tweeted it, because it was NOT Ron Paul's account and I consider it very serious that you are saying RON tweeted something he didn't and I would like to see what you saw.

Bern
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
... By the way, what's TMH mean?

The Magic Hoof

The Magic Hoof
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I should have guessed that :P

ronpaulfollower999
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Please send me the tweet @usernamenuse so I can see the account that tweeted it, because it was NOT Ron Paul's account and I consider it very serious that you are saying RON tweeted something he didn't and I would like to see what you saw.

Sorry Sailing! I should've copied the tweet, but I can't on my phone atm

ronpaulfollower999
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Here it is- https://twitter.com/ronpaul_2012/status/265801880821694464

fr33
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Here it is- https://twitter.com/ronpaul_2012/status/265801880821694464I think that account is a bot somebody set up to tweet all Ron Paul news stories. During the primaries I saw them tweet even the negative stories about RP.

ronpaulfollower999
11-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I think that account is a bot somebody set up to tweet all Ron Paul news stories. During the primaries I saw them tweet even the negative stories about RP.

Wow, *EPIC FACEPALM* for me.

I got a new twitter account last month and just typed in Ron Paul and followed the first one that showed up. I'm sincerely sorry about the confusion sailing!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Here it is- https://twitter.com/ronpaul_2012/status/265801880821694464

that is not Ron Paul but I understand the confusion. That is pretty crummy since he obviously knows people will think it is Ron Paul.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow, *EPIC FACEPALM* for me.

I got a new twitter account last month and just typed in Ron Paul and followed the first one that showed up. I'm sincerely sorry about the confusion sailing!

Ron's campaign one hasn't tweeted since the convention. He may be waiting until January so there are no issues with cross over to his congressional stuff. His congressional account is @RepRonPaul and his campaign one which I assume he will take up after January is @RonPaul