PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul plan on endorsing a Presidential candidate?

aaroche26
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
AA

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not surprised, he thinks we should each make up our own mind. He only did last time because he was pissed at Barr for the way he acted, I think, so he endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

Veteran Citizen
11-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Elvis has left the stage.

CaptUSA
11-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Someone hasn't been paying attention...

jkr
11-06-2012, 08:24 AM
wrote in Ronald Ernest Paul in Hamilton cty, oHIo

AND IT FELT GREAT!

neotechzon
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok, THIS is the big subject that I've been waiting to come up. And THIS is the reason I am so pissed off at Ron Paul right now, even though he or his family may have been threatened to shut him up. But the fact that he hasn't endorsed a candidate is just unacceptable. We all know he has no chance of winning on a write in campaign, yet he refuses to tell his supporters not to write him him.
You see here is what is happening, by Ron Paul getting over a million write in votes, he is effectively SPLITTING the Libertarian vote by not endorsing Gary Johnson. If Paul were to endorse Johnson, and to hell with Rand's future in politics, then Johnson would stand a great chance of getting at least the 5% needed for the Libertarian Party to get matching funds in 2016. Oh I am afraid that Ron Paul is actually doing more harm than good to the Freedom Movement at this point. Sad days.

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm not surprised, he thinks we should each make up our own mind. He only did last time because he was pissed at Barr for the way he acted, I think, so he endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

^This

brandon
11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes he's just waiting for the right time.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:22 AM

AND IT FELT GREAT!

Woot!!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Ok, THIS is the big subject that I've been waiting to come up. And THIS is the reason I am so pissed off at Ron Paul right now, even though he or his family may have been threatened to shut him up. But the fact that he hasn't endorsed a candidate is just unacceptable. We all know he has no chance of winning on a write in campaign, yet he refuses to tell his supporters not to write him him.
You see here is what is happening, by Ron Paul getting over a million write in votes, he is effectively SPLITTING the Libertarian vote by not endorsing Gary Johnson. If Paul were to endorse Johnson, and to hell with Rand's future in politics, then Johnson would stand a great chance of getting at least the 5% needed for the Libertarian Party to get matching funds in 2016. Oh I am afraid that Ron Paul is actually doing more harm than good to the Freedom Movement at this point. Sad days.

No, a ton of Ron Paul supporters have been told so often GJ is just like RP they will vote for him. But it isn't true. GJ simply didn't earn MY vote because he isn't my candidate and while they overlap on some outcomes, he doesn't have the principled reasoning to outcome that makes his priorities predictable etc. To me he is nothing like Ron Paul. My only question was if my vote for Ron Paul would be counted or not, it never belonged to Gary. We aren't collectivist. We may be spurred by principles, but I follow the principles, and they have to actually be there.

jmdrake
11-06-2012, 10:24 AM

So let me get this straight. Ron Paul shouldn't endorse Mitt Romney because Mitt Romney is wrong on foreign and economic policy. But Ron Paul should endorse Gary Johnson even though Johnson is wrong on foreign and economic policy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNTb5qXqG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f-1ktig7Pwg

Havax
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure Ron is voting for Gary as long as long as he can look past the pro-choice thing.

asurfaholic
11-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Ron is voting for Gary as long as long as he can look past the pro-choice thing.

I bet Ron Paul writes in Ron Paul.

kahless
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I wanted to vote for Gary Johnson today but I could not bring myself to do so because of the pro-choice thing. I suspect it is the same reason why Ron Paul has not endorsed Gary Johnson.

If there is anyone to blame for Ron not giving Gary an endorsement it is Gary Johnson.

parocks
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM

I'm just not seeing the excitement for GJ. Maybe I'm missing it. If GJ gets 2%, it will be the best performance by a Libertarian Candidate ever. It's a pretty long way from 1% to 5%. People just haven't uniformly jumped aboard the GJ train. And GJ, to get 5%, really needed uniform Ron Paul support and enthusiasm.

Maybe that's the point your making. But people did have a wide range of reasons for not supporting GJ, and none of them seemed to include Ron Paul not endorsing.

rich34
11-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Regardless of the reason's I think Ron knows as well as anyone else that his supporters above all the rest are going to vote their own way regardless of what he says.

And as for the 5% thing and federal matching funds sure I'd like to see them break through this threash hold and even if so imo, Rand would still have a much bigger shot at winning the republican nomination than some third party candidate winning the election. So, to me it sounds as if you're upset with Ron because of your own selfish desires rather than allowing Ron to make his own choices selfish or not. That man can make or not make whatever political decision he wants. Above anyone else he's certainly earned it.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I bet Ron Paul writes in Ron Paul.

I sure hope he does! But I honestly don't know who he will vote for.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm just not seeing the excitement for GJ. Maybe I'm missing it. If GJ gets 2%, it will be the best performance by a Libertarian Candidate ever. It's a pretty long way from 1% to 5%. People just haven't uniformly jumped aboard the GJ train. And GJ, to get 5%, really needed uniform Ron Paul support and enthusiasm.

Maybe that's the point your making. But people did have a wide range of reasons for not supporting GJ, and none of them seemed to include Ron Paul not endorsing.

this ^^

seyferjm
11-06-2012, 12:09 PM

AND IT FELT GREAT!

UP THE HAMILTON COUNTY PEOPLE!:D

Sola_Fide
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM

Maybe Ron didn't endorse Gary for a reason? (i.e. he's not a principled libertarian)

kathy88
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Even if Ron endorsed him I would not have voted for him. Stop blaming Ron for our fucked up system.