PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Gary Johnson could cost Romney the presidency (Ohio)

itshappening
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
CNN POLL

Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, and Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode are also on the presidential ballot in Ohio. When their names were added to the poll, Obama is at 47%, Romney 44%, with Johnson at 5%, Stein at 1% and Goode registering less than one-half of one percent.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/02/cnn-poll-obama-50-romney-47-in-ohio/

----

If that 5% holds and it came down to Ohio then Johnson could cost Romney the presidency.

That would probably be my preferable outcome.

torchbearer
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
CNN POLL

Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, and Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode are also on the presidential ballot in Ohio. When their names were added to the poll, Obama is at 47%, Romney 44%, with Johnson at 5%, Stein at 1% and Goode registering less than one-half of one percent.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/02/cnn-poll-obama-50-romney-47-in-ohio/

----

If that 5% holds and it came down to Ohio then Johnson could cost Romney the presidency.

that would make me happy.

itshappening
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Even if Johnson got 2% and Obama won by 1.8% in that state and wins the electoral college that would be most satisfying

After 1 billion spent by the Romney campaign he is denied by the LP candidate

Dr.3D
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Now if they would only add Ron Paul and see what it comes out to.

trey4sports
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
sweet, sweet revenge.

ronpaulfollower999
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. But here's hoping!

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
CNN POLL

----

Although I agree that this is my preferable outcome, the truth is that Johnson takes more from Obama than Romney. And that's fine too. It proves that liberty is bipartisan.

Unlike so many, I don't mind that Johnson voters deprive Romney of the Oval office. I will proudly tell Republicans that they had better become Constitutionalists lest they continue to lose elections ad infinitum.

Then again, I've drank about a whole bottle of wine, so my filters are offline. :p

nasaal
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Good. They could have had us all. We would have gone out there and won red team the presidency. So we get 4 years of Blue Obama over 8 years of Red Obama. I'll cut my losses and hope for something in the next 4 years. Go Gary Johnson.

Shane Harris
11-05-2012, 09:05 PM
that would make me happy.

same

Tod
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Just went to Gary Johnson's web page....it is down. :mad:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

ronpaulfollower999
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Just went to Gary Johnson's web page....it is down. :mad:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

Good thing from increase in traffic?

Brett85
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
This poll actually shows that the 3rd party candidates don't help either Romney or Obama. Obama is up 3 points either way.

ronpaulfollower999
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Gov. Gary Johnson ‏@GovGaryJohnson
We apologize that http://www.garyjohnson2012.com is having difficulties loading. Our servers are currently overloaded by unprecedented traffic.

Matthew5
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
This would be an excellent early Xmas gift. :)

torchbearer
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Gov. Gary Johnson ‏@GovGaryJohnson
We apologize that http://www.garyjohnson2012.com is having difficulties loading. Our servers are currently overloaded by unprecedented traffic.

good sign.
and don't click on the link. its really down.

acptulsa
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
This poll actually shows that the 3rd party candidates don't help either Romney or Obama. Obama is up 3 points either way.

And yet the CNN spin is straight out of that horse Limbaugh's mouth. Way to spew Limbaugh talking points, CNN! Don't let the facts your own poll reveals slow you down one bit.

Just damn. How can this obviousness not be obvious to everyone? It's dumbfounding.

Long story short: Given the GOP nomination, Ron Paul would be thumping Obama right now. Tomorrow it would all be over but Michelle crying about how no one will listen to her when she calls more people fat.

Dr.3D
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
good sign.
and don't click on the link. its really down.
Came up for me.

sevin
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Why do people always assume that Libertarians would have voted Republican if not for the Libertarian candidate?

torchbearer
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Came up for me.

it was down.

acptulsa
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Why do people always assume that Libertarians would have voted Republican if not for the Libertarian candidate?

Because the Limbaugh Line is Official. It's even the Official Democrat Position. They'll deny it to their dying day. But Limbaugh is spewing the Official Bipartisan Postion nonetheless.

The Goat
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Republicans tomorrow. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUQMs0kVEI

Ronulus
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
To be honest, if we are choosing between which path to destruction we prefer. I prefer the one that gets us there faster.

Get it over with, and then we can start over.

NoOneButPaul
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PPPLLLLEASE Let this happen.

Johnson winning Ohio would look fantastic for us... automatically we could say Ron Paul would have won that state... but beside that it shows the GOP that discount our numbers that they actually do matter no matter how small they think they are.

FrancisMarion
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Gary Johnson Voters could cost Romney the presidency (Ohio)

acptulsa
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Actually, it's very simple. Romney cost Romney the election, just as everyone with a lick of sense knew he would. Furthermore, those members of the GOP who nominated Romney cost the GOP the election, because they didn't have a lick of sense.

"You can't beat an administration by attacking it. You have to show some plan of improving on it."--Will Rogers 1924

And you don't improve on something by offering the exact same damned thing!

seyferjm
11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
My parents (dad especially) have been giving me a lot of grief for not wanting to vote for Romney here in Ohio. I can't get them to accept that Romney lost this election for himself. FWIW, they all voted for Paul in the primaries, but this "We have to vote Romney now" thing is killing me.

itshappening
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Vote Johnson if you're in Ohio

I hope he gets a good showing there, with Obama nicely under 50 percent

lx43
11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
My parents (dad especially) have been giving me a lot of grief for not wanting to vote for Romney here in Ohio. I can't get them to accept that Romney lost this election for himself. FWIW, they all voted for Paul in the primaries, but this "We have to vote Romney now" thing is killing me.

I know I hear this BS all the time when I'm asked who I'm voting for, I will not vote for Romney or Obama. It would be so sweet if the NOBP thing or Gary Johnson could deny Romney the Presidency.

Tod
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM

Republicans at least sometimes make the pretense of being for smaller government (more liberty) even if they don't mean it.

Ron Paul ran in both Libertarian and Republican parties.

torchbearer
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Republicans at least sometimes make the pretense of being for smaller government (more liberty) even if they don't mean it.

Ron Paul ran in both Libertarian and Republican parties.

Ron is a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party.

Carehn
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Because those same people always compromise. so they assume you would if you only had less to choose from.

cindy25
11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
don't blame GJ; Mitt could have chosen Rand for VP. and OH would not even be in play