PDA

View Full Version : The BEGINNING of the END - if we don't pull together NOW (Email from HQ)

Wayne Hammond
11-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Okay, I got the same email from the official campaign as you folks...

We must be very careful here, because this kind of issue can very easily SPLIT this whole grassroots movement into two opposing factions, and we start fighting each other, rather than keeping focused on getting Ron Paul elected.

Yes, this really makes us all angry and extremely concerned about the competence of leadership at the official campaign HQ. They KNEW we were planning a Dec. 16th money bomb two weeks ago, and they wait until NOW to drop this email bomb?!?

I think we need to insist on some things to hold the national campaign accountable to the people who are the primary supporters by:

1. EDIT: I retracted a hasty statement I made here. See here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=441264&postcount=17) for clarification.

2. Second, we must keep in mind that this whole movement is primarily grassroots, and we need to STICK to our original $10 million bomb on December 16th... NO COMPROMISE ON THAT AT ALL.

3. Third, we need to tell everyone to step up daily/weekly giving as much as possible, without compromising what they have already planned to do for Dec. 16th. MAN I HATE that HQ messed up here and waited so late to send an email like this, but if they are truly hurting, we need to suck it up and contribute now.

KEEP the plans for www.TeaParty07.com up and running. It's really IMPORTANT. But, we all can help chip in along the way, if needed. Most of us are not poor.

Our COUNTRY IS AT STAKE, and we cannot afford to fight about this at this crucial juncture in the campaign.

tmg19103
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Agreed in that verybody should STILL give at least $100 on the 16th, but there is also no reason we can't give $25 or $50 before then. I think everyone can scrape up $15 a week to donate until they give $100 or more on the 16th.

Let's pick up on the fundraising now, but not lose focus on the 16th.

Andrew76
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Man, I know it stinks that the email kind of rained on our Dec. 16th party, and maybe a bit late in the game, but nevertheless... if the campaign is saying they need money now, what matters more, that they get the money they need, or that we get to have our party? I agree that we can and will do both: donate some now, and donate again on Dec. 16th. But again, perspective people, perspective.

roversaurus
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Let's pull together by NOT advocating the firing of somebody?

Who knows maybe some guy DOES need to lose his job.
I sure don't know. But calling folks out is NOT pulling together.

I suspect this has come as a surprise to everyone.
Who knew we would raise 4 Million? That has NEVER been done
before without a ton of lobbyists bundling donations.

And the days right after that saw big chunks of money still flowing in.
THEN it seemed to come in at a trickle. Much less than before the 5th.
The Tea Party must be really big.

ALL 3 of those surprised me.

The final surprise is: It looks like we could win this.

Benaiah
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I am giving money on the 16th and I am calling all my friends and family who are on the mailing list (because I got them to donate on the 5th) and am going to tell them to ignore this email.

FrankRep
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Donate now and donate in the Boston Tea Party.

Ron Paul Fan
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Fire Bydlack? Should we fire Ron Paul too? How do you know Bydlack isn't doing what Ron Paul tells him to do? Give money now if you can to beat Hucakbee's money bomb, but still save up for the 16th. It's that simple.

Adamsa
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Who cares?

Just December 16th everyone. The e-mail is not directed at Dec. 16th but just to get people donating, don't take it personally, jeez.

schmeisser
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Did anyone seriously think the campaign would not ask for money between the 5th and December 16th? Of course they are and they will again.

Think of the physical trainer analogy. "Just give me one more rep!", "OK, now just ONE MORE!", "You got ONE MORE LEFT!"

It's simple strategy to get the maximum effort and results. Can we all drop this? It isn't worth the amazement and confusion it is stirring.

GIVE US ONE MORE DONATION!

DRV45N05
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Guys, come on....

Fire Jon Bydlack? This guy is terrific.

We shouldn't be advocating the firing of anyone.

adwads
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Bydlack's email was negative, snarky, and manipulative. He implied that we have little chance of winning and he attempted to exert control over the grassroots. I don't know if he should be fired, but I think he should be more humble.

Original_Intent
Calm down Francis.

At the cost of maybe .2 million to Dec 16th we are going to crush Huckabee's planned for two weeks bomb. Just as a morale killer to the Kuckabites, that is money well spent.

No one is saying kill the Tea party yes this email impacts it but hopefully we can keep that impact to a minumum.

Calling for anyone's head at HQ over this is silly. Dec 16th is still going to be huge we need to keep recruiting new people to the Tea Party.

You said they knew about the Tea Party for two weeks, why this email bomb now? Well, two weeks ago we were in the middle of raising 4.3 million, and any email request for funds within a week of that would have been non productive.

Let's keep focussed on making the 16th the most amazing fundraising day ever. Don't fret over what HQ is doing it WILL NOT ruin the 16th.

0zzy
These guys are crying because they think people can't donate now AND on Dec 16th. Well, considering only 2% or w/e is maxed out, I think we can donate now and on the 16th. 100 dollars until then and 100 dollars on that day.

me3
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I think some people are just being silly.

The campaign was not going to totally outsource fund raising to the grassroots, nor does the grassroots have a monopoly on when the campaign asks for or receives money.

THIS HAS NOT RAINED ON DEC 16th.

We still have a month until Dec. 16th, that's more time than we had for Nov. 5th. C'mon now, a $10 million day is still within reach, we'll just have to work a little harder for it. Don't tell me people are afraid of work.

lucius
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Donate now and donate in the Boston Tea Party.

Yes, this is what I am doing...don't get all excited, it is HQ's job to say, "more money, money, money..."

me3
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Bydlack's email was negative, snarky, and manipulative. He implied that we have little chance of winning and he attempted to exert control over the grassroots. I don't know if he should be fired, but I think he should be more humble.
You're entitled to your opinion, but all of your posts today have been very negative about the campaign. It's like you are intentionally trying to rile people up, going from thread to thread complaining about the campaign.

Wayne Hammond
I think I'd like to retract my point about firing the person who was responsible for this email. It really did make me angry, but I may have been a bit premature.

Because you know what? People are getting fired up here, and generally when that happens, more cash comes in, for some reason.

I dunno, maybe Jonathan Bydlak is a genius... maybe he knew we'd all go nuts about this (heck, belian78's thread is probably the fastest growing thread ever now).

Maybe we can pump up the daily donation numbers this week and still make the Dec. 16th goal. No, not maybe, I'm sure we can, if we all decide to just do it.

Man I hate it when I vacillate like this. :cool:

adwads
[QUOTE=me3;441251]I think some people are just being silly.

The campaign was not going to totally outsource fund raising to the grassroots, nor does the grassroots have a monopoly on when the campaign asks for or receives money.
[B]
/QUOTE]

But the official campaign went way beyond just asking for money, they TOLD us not to give our money on Dec. 16 ("if you wait a month, it'll be too late and Ron Paul will lose!!", which means they are interfering with grassroots efforts that have, so far, been extremely successful.

DrNoZone
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Holy shit some people are getting ridiculous! If you don't like the email, IGNORE IT! Donate when you want, if you want, as much or as little as you want. End of story!

adwads
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but all of your posts today have been very negative about the campaign. It's like you are intentionally trying to rile people up, going from thread to thread complaining about the campaign.

I apologize if I sound negative. I actually really care about getting Dr. Paul elected and I just don't want it to be screwed up.

A lot of us were angered by the e-mail and we need some time to vent. I'm sure we'll all feel better in a couple of days...

me3
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
But the official campaign went way beyond just asking for money, they TOLD us not to give our money on Dec. 16 ("if you wait a month, it'll be too late and Ron Paul will lose!!", which means they are interfering with grassroots efforts that have, so far, been extremely successful.
That's not what the campaign wrote, you're deliberately misleading what was sent.

It's simple. They need the money more now than later. Don't wait to donate, if it comes in too late, they may not be able to use it to best effect in Iowa or New Hampshire.

Fund raising is not what is going to win this election. Effective campaigning is.

me3
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
A lot of us were angered by the e-mail and we need some time to vent. I'm sure we'll all feel better in a couple of days...
You wanna vent, fine. But don't try to inspire mutiny.

hard@work
11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
People need to stop overreacting and acting all flustered. If you think you're helping you're not. Go donate what you can now:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Or DON'T donate and wait for dropping every penny you can on the 16th.

adwads
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
You wanna vent, fine. But don't try to inspire mutiny.

But don't you think that it should at least be discussed? I mean don't try to shut down debate about whether we should do what bydlak asks us to do. I personally think that we should ignore his email. It's a valid topic of debate.

But i'll shut up now. I've made my points and I'm going to wait to donate everything on Dec. 16.

schmeisser
11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
But don't you think that it should at least be discussed? I mean don't try to shut down debate about whether we should do what bydlak asks us to do. I personally think that we should ignore his email. It's a valid topic of debate.

But i'll shut up now. I've made my points and I'm going to wait to donate everything on Dec. 16.

I'm still wondering about you...:confused:

:cool:

militant
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Agreed in that verybody should STILL give at least $100 on the 16th, but there is also no reason we can't give $25 or $50 before then. I think everyone can scrape up $15 a week to donate until they give $100 or more on the 16th.

Let's pick up on the fundraising now, but not lose focus on the 16th.

i've put my money away for the tea party. when i saw the email today, and the jump on the graphs, i immediately dropped a little, just 25, to help out, and it won't affect my tea party plans at all. i think in fact that this is perfect timing by bydlak. admit it, a lot of us put a hundred or 3 away for it and figured we were good citizens. everyone figures there'll be several million, some guesses as high as 6, 8 even 10 million, so why worry about donations now?

but, the campaign is right. we need the confidence to SPEND big bucks NOW. they know they'll get it, but they don't know how much, and we love paul BECAUSE of his fiscal conservatism. we don't want the campaign to spend into the red and then just beg us to pay it off, like a lot of the other guys do.

let's throw them some dough today, 25 or 50 or whatever you can do, and then take the next 3 or 4 weeks and prepare to make december 16th make november 5th look like a half-hearted practice drill.

dircha
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Stop acting crazy.

This will have a positive effect. This will produce more total contributions. Supporters who now understand the urgency will donate now in addition to the 16th.

This announcement is completely positive. It will result in more contributions now, and it will result in more contributions on the 16th.

adwads
11-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm still wondering about you...:confused:

:cool:

Now, I'm wondering about you... :)

constituent
11-20-2007, 02:46 PM

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Its simple people. Donate now, and donate on the December 16th. That's what I'm going to do.

davidhperry
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
post deleted

Talldude1412
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Hold on now, they sent out this email in response to the low turnout of donations over the last 2 weeks since the Nov 5th money bomb. The donations have nearly flat-lined since then. I don't blame them for trying to get some life back into it again, and they make an absolutely good point that they need the money BEFORE the early primary states, otherwise we won't get a good showing, and the campaign will literally be dead in the water.

Sandy
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Now, I'm wondering about you... :)

I'm wondering about the both of you. :D

Wayne Hammond
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
In case everyone didn't read my second post in this thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=441264&postcount=17), I retracted my statement about firing Jonathan.

I was just very angry at this email and lashed out before thinking it through, totally (ever done that before?)... I've been doing it a lot lately. :o

As I said before, people are getting up-in-arms here, and generally when that happens, more cash comes in, for some reason. People like to take action when they are upset, I guess.

I dunno, maybe Jonathan Bydlak is a genius... maybe he knew we'd all go nuts about this (heck, belian78's thread is probably the fastest growing thread ever now).

If that brings in more cash, super. Like I said, I hate it when I vacillate like this. :cool:

archemeedees
11-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Relax. They knew two weeks ago about the Dec. 16 money bomb, but they didn't know that donations would slow down as severely as they have in the meantime. We'll donate now and then and not get upset at the campaign managers for waiting until now.

Wayne Hammond
11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I think I'll ask the MODS to move this thread, I wish I hadn't started it now.

peruvianRP
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
campaing and grassroots have been great so far. no mor division.

Sandy
11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Hold on now, they sent out this email in response to the low turnout of donations over the last 2 weeks since the Nov 5th money bomb. The donations have nearly flat-lined since then. I don't blame them for trying to get some life back into it again, and they make an absolutely good point that they need the money BEFORE the early primary states, otherwise we won't get a good showing, and the campaign will literally be dead in the water.

EXACTLY! I made the point in another thread...do people want his donation record to read '0' all the way until the 16th? I hope not. Early primaries make or break a campaign, please donate now if you can even if it's $5, days from now if you can, and on the 16th..... If you committed to $100 on the 16th, great, and hopefully the number of subscribers continues to go up.

If you can also donate now, a week from now, etc...please do! Since only around 2% have maxed out, let's make the next few weeks AND the 16th happen. Woot!