PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney The Conservative Predictions on Twitter

AngryCanadian
11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Dan McLaughlin a Conservative an Editor at RedState.com claimed the following tweets.

Prediction for tomorrow: haters gonna hate.

Reply from a user.

are you worried that if romney wins that libs will riot

2 possible outcomes tomorrow: either some of the polls/pollsters are wrong about a bunch of things, or all of them are.

I vote "some"; my thesis about the outcome is based on the pollsters getting at least some things right.

Romney counting on heavy turnout from revenge-minded straw men.

The most hilarious tweet.

Greg Howard

#Romney is running Reagan's campaign against Carter. Just sounding very very familiar. #Obama should be toast

Stop by a rally on Market Square where Bill Clinton was speaking. Small crowd!! Feeling good about PA

Maybe because of the small crowds for Obama/Biden (http://twitchy.com/2012/11/05/biden-flops-again-one-day-left-draws-crowd-of-800-in-va/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)is that they already started voting :rolleyes: looks like to me that the Romney supporters think having larger rallies then Obama in swing states is going to make them win.

The Majority of the tweets by the Romney supporters and so called editors at the redstate think that Romney will win by 300 which i have hard time buying that claim.

And Romney Supporters have been quoting a very controversial conversative but thats not surprising.

This is the usual response from an Romney supporter from the link which i posted.

And you have proof of that I am sure.No? Shocked.Another Paulbot dispensing "truth"Shocking.

CPUd
11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Most of the people who show up at a Mitt rally are paid staff, or college students who volunteer for extra credit. Or to get free subs.

trey4sports
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
if rally size was representative of electoral success we'd all still be working presidential politics.

LibertyGOP
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
The Majority of the tweets by the Romney supporters and so called editors at the redstate think that Romney will win by 300 which i have hard time buying that claim.

There was a Dem strategist on TV last night saying that whoever wins is going to win with 300+ and that it will not be close. Basically, he said the 11 "toss up" states are all using the same predictors for their polling data, which somewhat mirrors 2008 turnout numbers. So if the turnout for Obama is similar to 2008 then he will win most of those states, if the turnout favors Romney they he will win most of those states.

Seems to make pretty good statistical sense to me. And he was very unbiased in his presentation. He seems to think the turnout will favor Obama, but he said if it doesn't Romney will have well over 300.

ronpaulfollower999
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
if rally size was representative of electoral success we'd all still be working presidential politics.

Yup. Ron would've won by a ronslide. :(

AngryCanadian
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
There was a Dem strategist on TV last night saying that whoever wins is going to win with 300+ and that it will not be close. Basically, he said the 11 "toss up" states are all using the same predictors for their polling data, which somewhat mirrors 2008 turnout numbers. So if the turnout for Obama is similar to 2008 then he will win most of those states, if the turnout favors Romney they he will win most of those states.

Seems to make pretty good statistical sense to me. And he was very unbiased in his presentation. He seems to think the turnout will favor Obama, but he said if it doesn't Romney will have well over 300.

Romney will have well over 300.
Highly unlikely.

nasaal
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Obomney breaks 300+

angelatc
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I do not know who is going to win. But I do know that it is silly to compare this to Carter / Reagan, if for no ther reason than Romney is certainly no Reagan. You guys might be too young to remember, but Reagan was quick, funny and likeable. Mitt has no charisma, while Reagan had it in spades.

LibertyGOP
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Highly unlikely.

Not really. With the 11 states being toss ups, they are either going to go with the D+7 predictor that most of the polls have been using, or with a turnout more favorable to the GOP (I believe 2010 was R+1). The Dem strategist even said that if it is R+1 then Romney will win most if not all the swing states, and exceed 300.

Basically, you have to read the polls this way (and I got a real good education on this the last few days), if the poll is tied and the predictor favors a strong Dem turnout, then anything that reduces that turnout benefits the GOP. They used PA as an example, and said that polling shows it tied, but the polling is predicting a similar turnout for the Dems as 2008. If Dem turnout is lower then Romney could win PA by 3 or 4 points with ease.