PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012: Why I Will Write In Ron Paul For President

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Given there are a number of voters who believe “a second term of Obama may just end any honest application of the Constitution once and for all,” it makes sense that even free-market thinkers might respond by urging independents to support Romney, the lesser of two evils, as the practicality of voting third party does not outweigh the practical necessity of voting the President out of office this year. However, in conceding your vote to one of the lesser of two evils, this or any other election, you’re essentially ensuring that your voting options will only ever be limited to a choice between two evils and never anything better. Your vote is your stamp of approval for the person or position to whom or to which you give it, and therefore effectively works to ensure similar candidates and positions remain relevant in the future, due to the apparent popular demand for them. An independent vote, therefore, works to demonstrate that such a demand does not exist. Like a vote for Romney or Obama, then, a vote for a fringe candidate is certainly not a waste and is certainly not impractical.

“Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected?” Paul Ryan challenges Ron Paul supporters. The answer is not surprising. “No,” they respond. “That’s why I’m voting for Ron Paul.”

http://www.policymic.com/articles/18121/ron-paul-2012-why-i-will-write-in-ron-paul-for-president

noxnoctum
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I wish I had the chance to write him in. Unfortunately no write-ins allowed here in SC. Think I'll just be sitting this one out.

Maybe someone on here who wasn't going to bother to vote can go write in RP just for me :)? I'd appreciate it.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
It is your vote, or non vote! But even going and leaving it blank but voting for dogcatcher or something is rejection of the official choices. Almost half of Americans who can vote don't, and maddeningly they spin that not as rejection but as being too busy watching American Idol.

Either way, though, your vote, your choice!

kahless
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I just called the Rockland county, NY board of elections. Since we now have electronic voting with a write-in section I was hoping they now will count write-in candidates.

I asked it they count write-in's and they hang up.
Called back, "Will the votes of write-in candidates be counted?" Reply, "all candidates votes will be counted".
So I am thinking great, so just to be sure I ask, "so unlike prior years they will not be listed as scatter?" Reply, "we do not have time to count write-in's, since too many people write in Mickey Mouse".

:(

widusty
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I wish I had the chance to write him in. Unfortunately no write-ins allowed here in SC. Think I'll just be sitting this one out.

Maybe someone on here who wasn't going to bother to vote can go write in RP just for me :)? I'd appreciate it.

I'm here in Janesville, Wisconsin, I'll write in Ron Paul for you brother from South Carolina!

RonZeplin
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul/Andrew Napalitano on my Cali ballot, am I on the kill list now?

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2012, 01:09 PM

You can leave President blank, are there no Pauler candidates down-ballot to vote for?

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul/Andrew Napalitano on my Cali ballot, am I on the kill list now?

Welcome aboard! We have cookies. Chocolate Chip. Carol Paul recipe. :p

Nye
11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I just called the Rockland county, NY board of elections. Since we now have electronic voting with a write-in section I was hoping they now will count write-in candidates.

I asked it they count write-in's and they hang up.
Called back, "Will the votes of write-in candidates be counted?" Reply, "all candidates votes will be counted".
So I am thinking great, so just to be sure I ask, "so unlike prior years they will not be listed as scatter?" Reply, "we do not have time to count write-in's, since too many people write in Mickey Mouse".

:(
That seems very typical :(