PDA

View Full Version : Election Day: The Ron Paul Factor

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
http://undercoverporcupine.bangordailynews.com/2012/11/05/politics/election-day-the-ron-paul-factor/

Dr.3D
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Great article...

This quote is what stood out to me the most....

What it comes down to in the end is respect. Respect is earned and only given when mutually returned. From the Republican establishment, a lack thereof exists.

ChrisDixon
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for sharing my article here! :)

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for sharing my article here! :)

I've shared a bunch of them here! It is posted at DP too.

MelissaCato
11-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Nice read.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Nice read.

Yeah. I've seen you on twitter lately -- see you tomorrow to get #writeinRonPaul trending!

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
...the Maine Republican Party refused to count all the votes of the Ron Paul people, implying their votes are insignificant and irrelevant to the big picture. But now, their votes are suddenly significant and relevant to the big picture, as any Republican will tell you they must vote for Mitt Romney. Ron Paul votes don’t matter.

-Chris Dixon

I find it inexplicable that all over Drudge right now, and for the past several days, are descriptions of Obamney's inevitable victory. The race is thisclose - that was even the headline of TDR yesterday or Saturday, I believe.

Well, when the margins are as close as the polls indicate, because of the 10-16% of Republicans that have left the party, will stay home, write in Ron Paul, or vote Libertarian, I have only one thing to say: they have ignored us at their own peril. My money's on Oblahblah. I wonder what Vegas has to say...

Ninja edit: BTW, damn fine article, Mr. Dixon. Well done.

devil21
11-05-2012, 04:40 PM
It wasn't just the party establishment that failed to understand that respect at least gives you a chance at our voting block. I encountered so much venom around various internet sites and forums just for being a Paul supporter that wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Called every manner of nasty names, laughed at, etc. The GOP rank-and-file is absolutely as guilty as the party structure for driving away Paulites/Liberty folks. Fox News (and the rest of the media) did a great job poisoning the minds of everyone to the point that the new party blood was driven away and the party itself continues to shrink. People forget that Mr. Murdoch is not a conservative so his plan to marginalize the new party blood worked perfectly. I don't think Romney wins tomorrow and much of it is because we aren't falling in line behind him.

jkr
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
tomorrow was supposed to be or day...we told them how to win and with whom.
he WOULD have sewn this nation together again...

to bad the republican party has sooooOOOOooo many demoncrats.

SO, here's to RAND16
4 THESE United States of America

Community Disorganizer
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
People need to understand that it wasn't ONLY the GOP that pulled those dubious tactics and cheated Ron Paul. Through their unrelenting control over the mass media, liberal Democrats definitely had a part in cutting Ron Paul off at the kneecaps; they had to. Because if the Democrats didn't lift a finger, and Ron Paul won the GOP nomination and went up against Obama, Dr. Paul would get media attention, and 10s of 1000s of new supporters. Over half of Obama's supporters would defect; jump ship and side with the only man who will end the war and bring our troops home. Don't think that the Democrats didn't know this!

So in the interest of self-preservation, the cheating against Ron Paul was an entire establishment thing, not just a GOP thing.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
People need to understand that it wasn't ONLY the GOP that pulled those dubious tactics and cheated Ron Paul. Through their unrelenting control over the mass media, liberal Democrats definitely had a part in cutting Ron Paul off at the kneecaps; they had to. Because if the Democrats didn't lift a finger, and Ron Paul won the GOP nomination and went up against Obama, Dr. Paul would get media attention, and 10s of 1000s of new supporters. Over half of Obama's supporters would defect; jump ship and side with the only man who will end the war and bring our troops home. Don't think that the Democrats didn't know this!

So in the interest of self-preservation, the cheating against Ron Paul was an entire establishment thing, not just a GOP thing.

And the Dems had their own teleprompter vote moment, and I agree the media slurs and marginalization were in good part because the left couldn't afford to have Ron's purity on civil liberties and wars of aggression up against Obama.

Community Disorganizer
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
And the Dems had their own teleprompter vote moment, and I agree the media slurs and marginalization were in good part because the left couldn't afford to have Ron's purity on civil liberties and wars of aggression up against Obama.

And the powers that be couldn't risk having Ron Paul win the nomination, because that would put them in a rather uncomfortable predicament. Do they cheat and make Obama win, hereby lighting the fuse for massive civil unrest and another possible 1776, or take the easier route and cheat Ron Paul in the primaries while he only has a few million supporters, because in the general, Ron Paul would amass probably as many ppl as a returning Christ.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Well, not quite comfortable with that comparison, but I agree he was gaining major momentum even in the primaries and his support would have ballooned in the general.

Community Disorganizer
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, not quite comfortable with that comparison, but I agree he was gaining major momentum even in the primaries and his support would have ballooned in the general.

Yes, in the general the lib media wouldn't be able to black out Ron Paul, as Obama cannot run against himself. They'd be forced to cover his speeches, and when people tuned in and witnessed 1000s of ppl gathering at his rallies listening to his logic and wisdom, they would be future Paulbots. Obama would be toast. So the establishment had to neuter Ron Paul, while he was still a rather unknown, at all costs.