PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Mitt Romney is the only sane choice for Libertarians

AngryCanadian
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
How is this of a winning team? (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/03/why-mitt-romney-is-only-sane-choice-for-libertarians/)

GOP, Mitt Romney Begging and urging Ron Paul and Libertarians to vote for Romney as the only sane choice.

As a former Libertarian presidential contender, the 2008 Libertarian vice presidential nominee, the former chairman of the Libertarian National Campaign Committee, and the man called "Mr. Libertarian" by media across this country, you might be surprised to find I’m supporting Republican Mitt Romney for president. Yes, this Las Vegan has gone “all in” for Mitt. Why? Because Mitt Romney is the only sane choice for Libertarians.

It’s simple. Libertarians believe in less government; lower taxes; cutting rules, regulations and mandates to get government out of the way of small business; reining in out-of-control government agencies like the EPA; auditing the Fed; and balancing the budget. Sound familiar?

I’m not just a Libertarian. First and foremost, I'm a capitalist evangelist. I'm proud to be a small businessman.

It’s time for a coalition of Republicans, conservatives, Tea Party activists, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, small business owners, financial first responders (investors and business owners willing to risk our financial lives to create jobs), patriots, and common sense middle-class Americans to join together and support Mitt Romney now.

That is why I’m voting for Mitt Romney. That is why I urge all Libertarians, and Ron Paul supporters, to swallow hard, put our differences aside, and support Mitt Romney.
Vote as if your life…your business…your children’s future depends on it. Because it does.

So ignoring the foreign policy aside the only reason he plans on voting for Romney is because of the unexplained Romney Economic plan that he hasn't told anything quite yet? :rolleyes:

Smart3
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Root is a madman. The only sane choice for Libertarians.... is a Libertarian!

alucard13mmfmj
11-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe if they didn't ostracized our delegates and treated them with like trash... unforgivable.

ronpaulfollower999
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
That loser was the VP nominee for the Libertarian Party in 2008. That is precisely why I can't take them seriously.

Feeding the Abscess
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
That loser was the VP nominee for the Libertarian Party in 2008. That is precisely why I can't take them seriously.

To be fair, the vast majority of the Rothbardians left to support Ron.

nasaal
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
How is a non Libertarian a sane choice for Libertarians when there is an actual Libertarian candidate?

LatinsforPaul
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Mr. Root a Libertarian.:rolleyes: What a joke.

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
When the MEDIA calls someone "Mr Libertarian" you know they are spinning for advantage. W.A.R wasn't libertarian that I noticed even when he was in the LP. He was 'neolibertarian' -- ie pro interventionist war which sits with difficulty on the non aggression principle, I should think.

NH4RonPaul
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah and libertarians love this kind of corruption too.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394489-America-s-Puppet-Government-Shocking-Confirmation-of-Same

George Dance
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't approve of what Root is doing -- My own view is that Republicans especially should vote Gary Johnson, as it's the only way they'll ever change that party -- but I can understand it. From what Root has been saying, he wants to be the one, running (with full GOP and Tea Party backing, etc.) against Harry Reid in 2016; and this party switch and Romney endorsement is the first step in his campaign.

Mind you, just as many Libertarians are happy to see him go as are sorry; check out:

Libertarians on Root's Departure From the LP
http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/10/libertarians-on-roots-departure-from-the

GunnyFreedom
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
This is much, much worse than what what Rand Paul did.

CPUd
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I have a feeling he's gonna have a hard time convincing the locals...

http://i.imgur.com/obBVr.jpg

devil21
11-05-2012, 05:19 AM
IIRC, Root put out some prediction that Romney would win a few weeks ago under his purported "Las Vegas Oddsmaker" status.

acptulsa
11-05-2012, 05:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rD1N3l.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/rD1N3.png?1

KCIndy
11-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Wayne.

Badger Paul
11-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Perhaps if Romney had incorporated some of RP's campaign language, got rid of his foreign policy team and treated his convention delegates better at some libertarians, not all but a good portion, would be willing to listen. It's too late now.

LibertyGOP
11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
It is an interesting article and shows that there are two schools of thought among libertarians. Root expresses one of them when he says:

"Libertarians believe in less government; lower taxes; cutting rules, regulations and mandates to get government out of the way of small business; reining in out-of-control government agencies like the EPA; auditing the Fed; and balancing the budget. Sound familiar? So do Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Certainly a little less than Libertarians, including me, would like. But, Iíll take incremental progress over no progress. Mitt Romney is a step in the right direction."

The other school of thought would be that unless a candidate is a pure (or purer) libertarian then they do not deserve the vote.

Tomorrow's results should give us an indication of which way libertarians voted. The collective total of Johnson, Goode and Paul write-ins should quantify which school of thought the majority of libertarians hold to.

fisharmor
11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Maybe if they didn't ostracized our delegates and treated them with like trash... unforgivable.

I just can't comprehend why this is so freaking hard to understand.

This is much, much worse than what what Rand Paul did.

I didn't realize that Wayne Root was Ron's wife.

nasaal
11-05-2012, 07:30 AM
It is an interesting article and shows that there are two schools of thought among libertarians. Root expresses one of them when he says:

"Libertarians believe in less government; lower taxes; cutting rules, regulations and mandates to get government out of the way of small business; reining in out-of-control government agencies like the EPA; auditing the Fed; and balancing the budget. Sound familiar? So do Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Certainly a little less than Libertarians, including me, would like. But, I’ll take incremental progress over no progress. Mitt Romney is a step in the right direction."

The other school of thought would be that unless a candidate is a pure (or purer) libertarian then they do not deserve the vote.

Tomorrow's results should give us an indication of which way libertarians voted. The collective total of Johnson, Goode and Paul write-ins should quantify which school of thought the majority of libertarians hold to.

I have no problem with people compromising a certain amount. I don't see how Romney is a step in the right direction though. He can talk all he wants, but his record doesn't really say a whole lot for libertarian ideals. I know that the quote isn't representing what you think, I'm just responding to it.

acptulsa
11-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I’ll take incremental progress over no progress. Mitt Romney is a step in the right direction.

Root seems not to have a lick of sense. Anyone who does knows Romney isn't a step in the right direction, and no one who wishes to be taken seriously is saying so. Mostly what we've been hearing is he's a step in the wrong direction, but a smaller step in the wrong direction than Obama.

LibertyGOP
11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Root seems not to have a lick of sense. Anyone who does knows Romney isn't a step in the right direction, and no one who wishes to be taken seriously is saying so. Mostly what we've been hearing is he's a step in the wrong direction, but a smaller step in the wrong direction than Obama.

Understood, but he is representing a position with his statement that some libertarians do hold. Johnson is by far the highest profile candidate the LP has ever run, being a former governor and someone who got exposure (albeit a small amount) in the GOP primaries. So it should be very interesting to see if they can capitalize on that or not. I would think that anything less than doubling Barr's numbers would be a failure.

specsaregood
11-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Man, I am so glad I am not a Libertarian lest I be forced to make the "sane" choice of Romney. Being a constitutional conservative, I'm allowed the sane choice of not voting for rombama.

Root
11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Root is a madman. The only sane choice for Libertarians.... is a Libertarian!

I'm a madman? :p

Perhaps :cool: