PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bloomberg Denied National Guard Assistance Because Of Their Possession Of Guns

RonPaulFanInGA
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/bloomberg/2012/11/03/report-bloomberg-denied-national-guard-assistance-brooklyn-because-their-possession-guns

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

tod evans
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Good choice..............

Fucking idiot!

youngbuck
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Bloomberg is a POS! And f**k the NYPD!

angelatc
11-04-2012, 05:59 PM
His reasons are wrong, but I'm the same way about soldiers on the street.

alucard13mmfmj
11-04-2012, 06:00 PM
So police is sometimes no where to be found in some areas... Law abiding citizens don't have guns. Gangbangers and bad people have guns. National gaurds can MAYBE protect the citizens from the bad people with guns, but mayor don't want their help.

If I was disarmed and roving gangs are around, I would welcome the National Gaurd around to keep order... assuming they are not there hassling good people.

youngbuck
11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I kind of doubt that the National Guard would even be armed. It's not at all uncommon for them to just pose with their rifles while having no ammo. The NYPD is rife with corruption, much more so than the NG. It's his own little army, which is why he doesn't want any competition.

John F Kennedy III
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Fuck Bloomberg!

donnay
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I would say to Bloomberg, what is the difference? The Police force is a standing army the founders warned us about. :mad:

PaulConventionWV
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/bloomberg/2012/11/03/report-bloomberg-denied-national-guard-assistance-brooklyn-because-their-possession-guns

This quote makes me hang my head in shame for the human race. Michael Bloomberg is a truly disgusting human being. His mind is the blackest of voluminous voids.

juleswin
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Too bad he doesn't extend the same sentiment towards his personal army aka NYPD

RCA
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
This quote makes me hang my head in shame for the human race. Michael Bloomberg is a truly disgusting human being. His mind is the blackest of voluminous voids.

What quote?

youngbuck
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
What quote?

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.” ;)

liberty2897
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
What quote?

I assume this one:

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

I take it that he means that the NYPD is thoroughly trained in the ways of the 2-percent, money-master mindset.

...arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

This part... not sure what to say. What a joke. Bloomberg worrying about a "police state"?

Henry Rogue
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure i would like the National Guard roaming around when i'm busy trying to set my world and help set my families friends and neighbors world straight. However, it would be interesting to see the reaction of the standing NYPD army become subordinate to the Guard. For the first time as cops they would find out what's it like to be mundane.

JK/SEA
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
any un-authorized person shooting looters will be charged accordingly....

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
This part... not sure what to say. What a joke. Bloomberg worrying about a "police state"?

lol. no kidding. Stop and frisk, stop and frisk, stop and frisk...

But I'd not want the NG, either.

John F Kennedy III
11-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm not sure i would like the National Guard roaming around when i'm busy trying to set my world and help set my families friends and neighbors world straight. However, it would be interesting to see the reaction of the standing NYPD army become subordinate to the Guard. For the first time as cops they would find out what's it like to be mundane.

:D

Too bad we don't have real people in charge. I'm sure the governor could order Bloomberg to allow the National Guard in.

Anti Federalist
11-05-2012, 01:24 AM
His reasons are wrong, but I'm the same way about soldiers on the street.

Agreed, right for all the wrong reasons.

kathy88
11-05-2012, 05:35 AM
My friend's husband is NG and was sent to NYC. He was in Harlem, and Bloomberg came down there and told them they could not park their Humvees in the roads. Now, I've been to Harlem. Where the FUCK are they supposed to park? It's like he's intentionally keeping out anyone willing to help so he can be some kind of savior. Dude told me friend he was a total dick to them.

mport1
11-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Only known violent thugs should be carrying guns! Let's also give them near immunity from responsibility for their actions. Great idea...

PaulConventionWV
11-05-2012, 05:37 AM
What quote?

This quote:

The quote in the OP.

Pericles
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
There is a way to use the Guard in these situations, but leadership starts at the top. For example: "Retired Lt. General Russell Honore, the director of Hurricane Katrina's Joint Task Force who oversaw the deployment of about 1,000 National Guard troops, garnered national attention when he demanded the troops to point their weapons down instead of towards evacuees."

Having weapons in the hands of uniformed peopl is an intimidation to the population, and not a sign of being there to help. The propere order is for weapons to be slung across the back, to free up the hands for work in helping people, while the weapon is present if the situation calls for it.

Military units just have the infrastructure with them needed to move supplies, run field kitchens, haul trash away, and help clear roads. It is too easy, and too much fun to hut hut about, rather than actually provide some help.

XNavyNuke
11-05-2012, 03:07 PM
The simple explanation is that Bloomberg isn't being a jerk "just 'cause."

NYPD is union. Bloomberg needs their support. NG taking on security roles would cut into NYPD overtime.

XNN

phill4paul
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
The simple explanation is that Bloomberg isn't being a jerk "just 'cause."

NYPD is union. Bloomberg needs their support. NG taking on security roles would cut into NYPD overtime.

XNN

This. Unions > citizens.

Pericles
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Sultan Knish nailed it:

Our dictatorship doesn't depend on men with guns, but men with pens and pocket protectors. Men who fill out forms all day and who know where our permanent record is. Our rule is under the empire of data. We are less worried about informers and more worried that a form that we filled out wasn't done the right way or was lost along the way. The American headquarters of the KGB isn't in a law enforcement building, it's in the EPA and the IRS and a thousand other bureaucratic institutions.

This is the kind of tyranny that the left understands and loves. A fully unionized and unarmed network of bureaucrats enforcing a constantly changing clothesline of rules whose full scope no one knows or understands. This is the tyranny of the byzantine, the chain of complexity and the power of baffling the citizen into submission with an incomprehensible system.

The system we live under is exactly the kind that bearded graduates debating dialectical materialism would build. A horrible Kafkaesque monster that few rebel against because few understand it or are capable of calculating the personal risks to them from the actions of the system. It does not require troops, only some police officers, and their task is less that of suppressing dissent and more of managing the disastrous social consequences of the system.

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2012/11/troops-in-streets.html
(http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2012/11/troops-in-streets.html)

An America in which the power of the left is dependent on troops in the streets will mean their own defeat. And they know it.