PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is an Official Write-In Candidate in CA, & ME & Other States (LIST)

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Ron Paul will be a certified write-in candidate for president in California. Official write-in status means Ron Paul's write-in votes will be counted just as if he were on the ballot in that state. Paul supporters have met the requirements put forth by the California Secretary of State.

The write-in ticket also include Judge Andrew Napolitano for vice president.

Paul supporters argue that the winner of Tuesday's presidential election is certain to be one of two candidates who both support the indefinite military detention of US citizens (NDAA,) sanctions and possible strikes on Iran, the continuing bail-outs of major banks which could wind up costing US taxpayers as much as $23 trillion, and the continued accumulation of massive US debt. Paul forces criticize both major parties for their lack of any meaningful efforts to reign in US adventurism abroad, and Pentagon spending.

Therefore, Paul supporters say, the strongest message can be sent by a strong write-in vote for Ron Paul, who has steadfastly opposed all of these. Paul has said:

"Even if we were to slash our military budget in half, America easily would remain the world’s dominant military power."

more at link: http://ralphlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Ron-Paul-is-an-Official-Write-In-Candidate-in-California

You should double check your state and please give us any additions/corrections to this list, we have tried to collect the various states where it looks like Ron Paul's votes will be counted from the posts below, so far they include:

Alabama – (no registration required for write in votes);
California – (Ron Paul/Napolitano now listed on CA SOS site with 55 Electors as registered as a write in candidate); In Ca 'Ron Paul' is fine
District of Columbia;
Delaware;
Iowa – (no registration required for write in votes);
Maine – (Ron Paul is registered with Electors on the SOS site as a write in candidate); in Maine write Ron E. Paul
Maryland;
New Hampshire – (no registration required for write in votes);
New Jersey – (no registration required for write in votes -- checking tho - seems may only be counted if 'impacts result');
Oregon;
Pennsylvania – (no registration required, but rules permit each County to decide if to count write in candidates);
Rhode Island;
Vermont – (no registration required for write in votes);
Washington; only counted in WA if it impacts outcome but must write party and FULL name Ronald Earnest Paul
Wisconsin;
Wyoming – (no registration required for write in votes)

also of interest, people are collecting affidavits to back up write in votes in OTHER states that don't count (we could do that here if we want, if people like the idea but don't want to send their info to a group they don't know): http://writeinron2012.com/writeinBlog/faq/

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
This is a good article but it forgets Rhode Island, you can also have votes for Ron Paul counted to him in Rhode Island, according to people at DP who didn't like being left off the list

kahless
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Has someone compiled a list of states or counties where Ron Paul can be written in and his votes counted?

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Has someone compiled a list of states or counties where Ron Paul can be written in and his votes counted?Some are in this article [Iowa, New Hampshire, Maine, and Wisconsin] but they forgot Rhode Island apparently. (Also PA and Washington state - but in WA they will only be counted if it changes the outcome, I've also heard Oregon and DC but haven't seen anything official on those two) In NY some people are going to count their own counties, a blog is pushing that (he's doing Erie county)

But some are pushing a nationwide write in backed by affidavit through a website I posted here the other day

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
THere IS a list circulating, I am just not confident of all of it. Personally I wrote him in before I knew if it would be counted, because 'none of the above' was my second best vote and they do count that as 'other'. But I'm in CA and we got him to be a certified write in here, so it will count.

kahless
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Some are in this article [Iowa, New Hampshire, Maine, and Wisconsin] but they forgot Rhode Island apparently. (Also PA and Washington state - but in WA they will only be counted if it changes the outcome, I've also heard Oregon and DC but haven't seen anything official on those two) In NY some people are going to count their own counties, a blog is pushing that (he's doing Erie county)

But some are pushing a nationwide write in backed by affidavit through a website I posted here the other day

I found this.

http://writeinron2012.com/writeinBlog/faq/

Potential Write-in Friendly States (no registration required or where Ron Paul is officially a write in Candidate):

Alabama – (no registration required for write in votes); California – (Ron Paul/Napolitano now listed on CA SOS site with 55 Electors as registered as a write in candidate); District of Columbia; Delaware; Iowa – (no registration required for write in
votes); Maine – (Ron Paul is registered with Electors on the SOS site as a write in candidate); Maryland; New Hampshire – (no registration required for write in votes); New Jersey – (no registration required for write in votes); Oregon; Pennsylvania – (no registration required, but rules permit each County to decide if to count write in candidates); Rhode Island; Vermont – (no registration required for write in votes); Washington; Wisconsin; Wyoming – (no registration required for write in votes)

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
It doesn't say Maine, and I know he's a certified write in candidate there, the same as in CA.... but it looks pretty good from what I know, thanks.

here's the certification for Maine: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/writeinnov2012.pdf

presence
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
SA perhaps move a comprehensive list of states w/ write in to the op?

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
SA perhaps move a comprehensive list of states w/ write in to the op?

good idea, I just haven't double checked them all myself, but I will put there what is being reported.

ClydeCoulter
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I have to go setup the voting room tomorrow evening, machines, tables, etc... (after tearing down a classroom).
It's kinda sad that my vote for pres. won't be counted.

You guys that live where it will be counted, post plenty of pics :D

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Take pics of your own, if you are able!

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
bump for google search

CPUd
11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Easier to read:

California – (Ron Paul/Napolitano now listed on CA SOS site with 55 Electors as registered as a write in candidate);
District of Columbia;
Delaware;
Maine – (Ron Paul is registered with Electors on the SOS site as a write in candidate);
Maryland;
New Jersey – (no registration required for write in votes);
Oregon;
Pennsylvania – (no registration required, but rules permit each County to decide if to count write in candidates);
Rhode Island;
Washington;
Wisconsin;

RickyJ
11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Writing Ron Paul in won't count in my state but that won't stop me from doing it though. It will be the best vote for president that I ever cast.

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Writing Ron Paul in won't count in my state but that won't stop me from doing it though. It will be the best vote for president that I ever cast.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RickyJ again.

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Easier to read:

thank you I will put that in the OP!

ClydeCoulter
11-05-2012, 02:39 AM
California – (Ron Paul/Napolitano now listed on CA SOS site with 55 Electors as registered as a write in candidate);
District of Columbia;
Delaware;
Maine – (Ron Paul is registered with Electors on the SOS site as a write in candidate);
Maryland;
New Jersey – (no registration required for write in votes);
Oregon;
Rhode Island;
Washington;
Wisconsin;

^^ pete, peat, and repeat ^^

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
^^ pete, peat, and repeat ^^

I think I'll mention in the thread title that there is a list inside

The Freethinker
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for this. Over the weekend I received a sample ballot form from the state authorities although I didn't care to look at it.

In NJ, we use electronic machines. I'm of course going to review that form tonight, but question... if NJ allows write-ins but it also uses machines, then how do I vote for Ron Paul as a write-in?

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Usually when you click write in the controls change to arrows up or down through the alphabet. I can't say for sure about NJ though. Some places you click that then write it on a sleeve.

The Freethinker
11-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Usually when you click write in the controls change to arrows up or down through the alphabet. I can't say for sure about NJ though. Some places you click that then write it on a sleeve.

OK, thanks. I just found this list (http://nj.gov/state/elections/2012-results/2012-unofficial-general-candidates-president-0913.pdf) from NJ's elections website and Ron Paul isn't listed. I hope what you describe happens. I *could* vote for Gary Johnson but if Paul is a choice, Paul it is.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
OK, thanks. I just found this list (http://nj.gov/state/elections/2012-results/2012-unofficial-general-candidates-president-0913.pdf) from NJ's elections website and Ron Paul isn't listed. I hope what you describe happens. I *could* vote for Gary Johnson but if Paul is a choice, Paul it is.

I am quoting another site in saying registrations aren't necessary, it may be like PA that they will only be counted if someone shows up to do it. I'll see if I can confirm, I don't want to mislead people. For me I voted for Ron Paul even not knowing if it would be counted as more than other, I do know 'other' is counted. But if you would otherwise vote for GJ if it weren't counted, I'll give it a stab at checking.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:24 AM
OK, I'm still looking at this but I found at least one 'compilation of laws' website which says NJ will only count write ins individually if the number of write ins would impact the result, which would make it like Washington state.

Frankly, this is why I didn't post a comprehensive list earlier, I have seen so many versions and only personally have checked out six I know for sure, CA, ME, WA (IF enough to impact result), IA, NH and PA. The rest are from other sites which seem credible but I haven't checked out myself.

ClydeCoulter
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
OK, I'm still looking at this but I found at least one 'compilation of laws' website which says NJ will only count write ins individually if the number of write ins would impact the result, which would make it like Washington state.

Frankly, this is why I didn't post a comprehensive list earlier, I have seen so many versions and only personally have checked out six I know for sure, CA, ME, WA (IF enough to impact result), IA, NH and PA. The rest are from other sites which seem credible but I haven't checked out myself.

"Enough to Impact the Result" is what Amercians need to do. It's the only way that anyone is going to listen.
The 92 year old man that is committeman north of me said, "If a person doesn't vote, they don't have a right to bitch" and I thought, currenly that may be the only right you get when voting, but then thought, how does voting give rights to anything?

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Well, I've already voted by writing in Ron Paul, and I plan to bitch plenty....

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Well, this compilation says in NJ they will only be counted if they impact the outcome, individually, but that is the best I have for that: http://www.anamericanvision.com/info/state_certifications_requirements.php

There are a bunch of lists for Ron out there, one gives as many as 30 states, but I know it includes some wrong ones, so please just let me know if you KNOW of changes to the list that need to be made, or, of course, to bump it!

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Ron Paul is up on voterscorecard.com

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
bump for additions and google search

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 03:40 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 04:55 PM
bump for google search

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
bump for election eve

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NsPjine6c

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
bump

The Freethinker
11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Well, this compilation says in NJ they will only be counted if they impact the outcome, individually, but that is the best I have for that: http://www.anamericanvision.com/info/state_certifications_requirements.php

There are a bunch of lists for Ron out there, one gives as many as 30 states, but I know it includes some wrong ones, so please just let me know if you KNOW of changes to the list that need to be made, or, of course, to bump it!

Hurricane Sandy took a toll on me last week and after a busy weekend tonight I am finally cleaning up my living room. I had made a note to check on the mail-in ballot I received last week after I spoke to you here during the day. I can write in anybody I want... but I won't be able to mail it in.

My hope is that I can write-in Ron Paul even though NJ uses electronic ballots...

ebod
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
A big thank you to you, Sail, and to Vice President Coulter, and all the others for the effort in making this write-in message get out. Tomorrow night when the polls close whatever you are doing, wherever you are, let's make a toast to Dr. Paul for his dedication to liberty and our Constitution. I want him to feel the love all across our country. Ron Paul will always be my President.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I absolutely agree, but VP is Andrew Napolitano, though Clyde thought up the dropbox means of spreading info they used to get that ticket in, so he deserves credit for that as well!

YOu can just write in Ron Paul and it will pick up the VP though

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Hurricane Sandy took a toll on me last week and after a busy weekend tonight I am finally cleaning up my living room. I had made a note to check on the mail-in ballot I received last week after I spoke to you here during the day. I can write in anybody I want... but I won't be able to mail it in.

My hope is that I can write-in Ron Paul even though NJ uses electronic ballots...

Some places are having paper just because of the storm I hope you are ok! But yes, there should be a way to write it.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
updated for variations in writing name for states I know

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
bump to show off my new avatar!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:23 AM
bump

TheGrinch
11-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Mine showed up on the Ga results, which changed my mind (mostly, I will still have a hard time not supporting the candidates that did make the ballot, but regardless, I will walk away feeling good tomorrow).

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
bump

BAMAJD
11-06-2012, 09:44 AM
So, will my vote count in Alabama for sure?

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM

I didn't research that one my self, I'll take a quick look and see what I can find.

BAMAJD
11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:08 AM

OK, from what I can see it SHOULD and if they don't count it you have grounds to complain. In L.A. in 2008 I had to send some emails before they broke out Ron's votes. Here:

Alabama Presidential Write-ins
November 30th, 2008
Alabama is a state that has write-in space on the November ballot for president, and which has no requirement that write-in presidential candidates who want their write-ins must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. However, traditionally, the Alabama Secretary of State has never included any write-ins in her official canvass of votes. But in 2006, for the first time, she included photocopies of all the write-ins certified to her office, for all office. Now, for the 2008 official canvass, she has again posted the copies of write-in tallies on her webpage.

Unfortunately, only 20 counties bothered to send her any data about write-ins. Alabama has 67 counties; the 20 counties that submitted write-in information comprise approximately half the population of the state.

In the 20 counties that reported write-ins, Ron Paul and Hillary Clinton were the clear winners. There seem to be 279 write-ins for Hillary Clinton for president, and 273 write-ins for Ron Paul for president.

Among presidential candidates who were actually running (yet who weren’t on the Alabama ballot), the write-ins are: Alan Keyes 14, Cynthia McKinney 6, Brian Moore 4, Ted Weill 1 (Ralph Nader, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin were on the ballot).

If you live in Alabama, in one of the 47 counties that broke the law and did not tally any write-ins, you should consider making a complaint. Some years ago the Attorney General issued an opinion, saying that counties must tally all write-ins. The only 20 counties that submitted write-ins to the Secretary of State are Baldwin, Barbour, Calhoun, Cherokee, Clarke, Covington, Elmore, Etowah, Henry, Jefferson, Lawrence, Limestone, Marengo, Marion, Mobile, Montgomery, Russell, St. Clair, Walker, Washington.

The most populous counties that did NOT report their write-ins are Madison (which has Huntsville), Lee, Morgan, Shelby, and Tuscaloosa.
http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/11/30/alabama-presidential-write-ins/

So they are supposed to, and if they don't you can make a fuss just as if they didn't count votes for Romney or anyone else.

BAMAJD
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Well I'm in Tuscaloosa county so this sucks. Ik these fuckers here won't send it.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Well I'm in Tuscaloosa county so this sucks. Ik these fuckers here won't send it.

But that is just like them not counting any other vote, they have no right to not count. Vote for Ron Paul if that is what you want to do then send an email asking when write in votes will be tallied because you will be following up. Then they know they could get sued for it and that people are looking.

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
bump!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
bump!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:35 PM
bump for those to whom it matters if their vote will officially be counted specifically for Ron Paul not just 'none of the above'!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 12:48 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
bump

Nye
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
bump

+rep and welcome to the forums!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 02:10 PM
bump!!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FqAF-Alc7CM#t=0s

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
bump for West coast voters

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 07:24 PM
bump

randpaul2016
11-06-2012, 07:43 PM
link to see California vote results?

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM

You won't get them tonight, in fact I predict we will have to follow up with our counties as I did in 2008 to get them counted in mine. The machine read stuff will come out tonight and the hand written stuff in a week or so, if it is like last time.

Teamronin
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I voted Ron Paul in California!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2JliEAHuyc

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I voted Ron Paul in California!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2JliEAHuyc

+rep!!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:37 PM
last bump before the CA polls close...

11-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Wrote in Ron Paul/ Napolitano here in NorCal!

sailingaway
11-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Wrote in Ron Paul/ Napolitano here in NorCal!

woot! Be sure to check your county recorder for results at the end of the week and emaiil if his numbers aren't up, so they don't try reporting without them. They have to count, but last time I had to remind them a few times before I saw anything.

randpaul2016
11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
bump for voting results for CALI, wanna see how many people wrote in ron paul

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
bump for voting results for CALI, wanna see how many people wrote in ron paul

You won't know the total for a while, they don't have to post them until they certify election results and they technically have a month to do that. Last time my county, after I bugged them, got them up in a week or two. We have to all send in emails to pull our county election officials chains on this though, I remember in 2008 san Bernardino at least at first didn't count them, and I'm not sure they ever did. By law they have to, though, so we need to ride them.

JK/SEA
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
my county results. Snohomish County Washington:

PRESIDENT / VICE PRESIDENT
756/756 100.00%
Vote Count Percent
Barack Obama / Joe Biden (Democratic Party Nominees) 111,015 56.86%
Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan (Republican Party Nominees) 79,477 40.71%
Gary Johnson / James P. Gray (Libertarian Party Nominees) 2,151 1.10%
Virgil Goode / James N. Clymer (Constitution Party Nominees) 470 0.24%
Jill Stein / Cheri Honkala (Green Party Nominees) 845 0.43%
Peta Lindsay / Yari Osorio (Socialism & Liberation Party Nominees) 57 0.03%
James Harris / Alyson Kennedy (Socialist Workers Party Nominees) 61 0.03%
Ross C. (Rocky) Anderson / Luis J. Rodriguez (Justice Party Nominees) 218 0.11%
Write-In 940 0.48%
Total 195,234 100.00

i'm in the total for write ins..

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
my county results. Snohomish County Washington:

PRESIDENT / VICE PRESIDENT
756/756 100.00%
Vote Count Percent
Barack Obama / Joe Biden (Democratic Party Nominees) 111,015 56.86%
Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan (Republican Party Nominees) 79,477 40.71%
Gary Johnson / James P. Gray (Libertarian Party Nominees) 2,151 1.10%
Virgil Goode / James N. Clymer (Constitution Party Nominees) 470 0.24%
Jill Stein / Cheri Honkala (Green Party Nominees) 845 0.43%
Peta Lindsay / Yari Osorio (Socialism & Liberation Party Nominees) 57 0.03%
James Harris / Alyson Kennedy (Socialist Workers Party Nominees) 61 0.03%
Ross C. (Rocky) Anderson / Luis J. Rodriguez (Justice Party Nominees) 218 0.11%
Write-In 940 0.48%
Total 195,234 100.00

i'm in the total for write ins..

Woot! +rep

JK/SEA
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Woot! +rep

i'll try and find out if there is a breakdown on write-ins. But for now i'll assume Ron Paul got the bulk of the 940. Not bad for a fascist county.

JK/SEA
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
no breakdown. Was told he wasn't a declared write-in. Oh well.....As far as i'm concerned Ron got all 940 write-ins.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
no breakdown. Was told he wasn't a declared write-in. Oh well.....As far as i'm concerned Ron got all 940 write-ins.

works for me!

He did get the bulk of them in 2008 where they were counted, I don't think that would go DOWN.

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Here's the official CA SoS page. Can't find any under-vote or write-in information. Maybe it is in a county breakdown somewhere. I'll keep looking.

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/president/

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Here's the official CA SoS page. Can't find any under-vote or write-in information. Maybe it is in a county breakdown somewhere. I'll keep looking.

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/president/

Last time they didn't post it for weeks. they have a month. I'll send my first email Friday.

sailingaway
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Here:

During each election cycle, hundreds of thousands of ballots are not counted on Election Day. Elections officials have approximately one month to complete their extensive tallying and certification work (known as the official canvass). Most notably, voting by mail has increased significantly in recent years and many vote-by-mail ballots arrive on Election Day. In processing vote-by-mail ballots, elections officials must confirm each voter’s registration status, verify each voter’s signature on the vote-by-mail envelope, and ensure each person did not vote elsewhere in the same election.
Other ballots that are processed after Election Day include provisional ballots (processed similar to vote-by-mail ballots), and ballots that are damaged or cannot be machine-read and must be remade by elections officials.
State law requires county elections officials to report their final results to the Secretary of State by December 7. The Secretary of State then has until December 14 to certify the results of the election.
For the most up-to-date vote counts before the statewide certified results are published, contact a county elections office directly. http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_d.htm

(some internal links omitted) http://vote.sos.ca.gov/unprocessed-ballots-status/

In L.A. County it looks like only 74% of the ballots have been processed.
lacountyrrcc Update: 3,739 precincts reporting (74.88%). 1,836,821 ballots processed.

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Here:

(some internal links omitted) http://vote.sos.ca.gov/unprocessed-ballots-status/

In L.A. County it looks like only 74% of the ballots have been processed.

Oh yeah, who could forget the official "certification process" from the early Primaries.

Morerockin
11-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh yeah, who could forget the official "certification process" from the early Primaries.

Has there been any results posted anywhere showing how he did in any state that he was a certified write-in candidate? I am curious what % of the vote he got

eleganz
11-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Has there been any results posted anywhere showing how he did in any state that he was a certified write-in candidate? I am curious what % of the vote he got

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Keep a low low expectation.

Morerockin
11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Keep a low low expectation.

He was a certified write in candidate. That means the state should count the ballots and not label them as "other".

ebod
11-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Riverside County, California has posted partial results as of today. Ron Paul received 370 write-in votes.
http://www.voteinfo.net/eresults/69/WI_tally.pdf

parocks
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM

me too - it certainly would be something we really really should want to know.

parocks
11-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Riverside County, California has posted partial results as of today. Ron Paul received 370 write-in votes.
http://www.voteinfo.net/eresults/69/WI_tally.pdf

that's not a lot. GJ got 0.9%, and over 5000 votes. In that county, Ron Paul got about 0.07%

parocks
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/2012-11%20UOCAVA%20Warden's%20Tally%20Summary.xls

Maine Absentee Ballots - Ron Paul got 14 votes in Maine absentee.

Obama 2071
Romney 858
Johnson 58
Jill Stein 51
Ron Paul 14 - 0.4564% (not too bad)
Ross Anderson 2
Blank 13
3067 total

CPUd
11-14-2012, 12:06 AM
http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/2012-11%20UOCAVA%20Warden's%20Tally%20Summary.xls

Maine Absentee Ballots - Ron Paul got 14 votes in Maine absentee.

Obama 2071
Romney 858
Johnson 58
Jill Stein 51
Ron Paul 14 - 0.4564% (not too bad)
Ross Anderson 2
Blank 13
3067 total

Some of those may have been turned in before they confirmed RP as a write-in candidate. Based on exit polls, I'm expecting Maine to be one of the better states for Gary.

parocks
11-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Some of those may have been turned in before they confirmed RP as a write-in candidate. Based on exit polls, I'm expecting Maine to be one of the better states for Gary.

gj got 1.31% in maine

sailingaway
11-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I emailed the LA County recorder elections division and they said they won't have write in votes up until November 30, but I recommend everyone in CA email their county recorder, elections division and ask, so they know people will be following up. I'm wondering if meetups would be interested in helping them count if necessary...