View Full Version : General Today's 5th bot call

opal
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
outright lies - from some independant woman's voter group.. area code 202
anyway.. first line was.. Tuesday is our *last chance to stop Obama care*

right.. that's when I hung up

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I stopped picking up my home phone about a week ago, I just use my cell for personal calls or screen calls. I assume it is because media in CA is so expensive and robocalls are so inexpensive that we get so many, but it is awful.

opal
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I pick them up in case it's not a bot and I get to play with a live polster - esp those really young ones.

MozoVote
11-04-2012, 02:44 PM
My parents have a land line, and I was visiting them yesterday. It rang twice from push polls. My dad griped at my mother a few days ago for actually answering the questions on one ... he thought it'd prompt them to call more.

Pollsters (legitimate ones) must have a hard time getting people to answer their questions when you reach this stage of "poll fatigue". There is a shrinking population of people who have land lines, and the remainder get more calls dumped on them each election cycle.

thoughtomator
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I pick them up in case it's not a bot and I get to play with a live polster - esp those really young ones.

I got to play with a pollster today, I was certainly the most entertaining call she had today. She seemed quite amused by my unmasked contempt for candidates of both parties.