PDA

View Full Version : Virgil Goode I wonder why Virgil Goode isn't capturing more of the evangelical pro-life vote?

Tod
11-03-2012, 08:35 PM
You'd think he would be going great guns with evangelicals who know Romney is lukewarm on pro-life and/or who don't think of Mormons as Christians.

supermario21
11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Because when Obama is the antichrist you have to make sure he's gone.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Cuz that damn Marxist

RickyJ
11-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Because most "Christians" in America are just as brain dead and misled as non-Christians. Most know little about the issues and just go with the herd, they don't think. Until the majority of Americans start thinking on their own the liberty movement and/or the Constitution party, which I like very much, will not be mainstream.

FrankRep
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Most conservatives are voting anti-Obama.

Smart3
11-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Most self-identified Conservatives and self-identified Evangelicals are stupid.

There's a reason why Evangelicalism is so common today: people don't think for themselves. If they did, no Christian would vote Republican, Evangelical or not.

Todd
11-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Because when Obama is the antichrist you have to make sure he's gone.

I'll add that many are also deluded that Romney IS Pro Life. It comes down to the fact that most Christian Conservatives don't vote for anything other than the GOP.

I know. I have a mother in law who fits this to at T. She is convinced Romney will do away with Planned Parenthood.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Most self-identified Conservatives and self-identified Evangelicals are stupid.

There's a reason why Evangelicalism is so common today: people don't think for themselves. If they did, no Christian would vote Republican, Evangelical or not.

Where would they go? I guess, the Constitution Party. Way too many libertarians have publicly pronounced their hatred for God, for many Christians to consider the Libertarian Party.

KCIndy
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Most conservatives are voting anti-Obama.

Which is truly ironic considering that Romney is just as rabid a statist as Obama. It's so sad to realize people will go from a man who beats them with his left hand to a man who beats them with his right and swear they've "traded up." :(

Badger Paul
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
If you get a voting guide at church today you will see nothing about the Constitution Party or the Libertarians or the Greens in it. It's all Republicans and Democrats. Most religious based voters hardly know the Constitution Party even exists and their churches collude to keep it that way.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
If you get a voting guide at church today you will nothing about the Constitution Party or the Libertarians or the Greens in it. It's all Republicans and Democrats. Most religious based voters hardly know the Constitution Party even exists and their churches collude to keep it that way.

I think it's more like the media colludes.

compromise
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I still don't know why Ron Paul didn't capture more of the evangelical vote, at one point he was the only evangelical candidate.

KCIndy
11-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I still don't know why Ron Paul didn't capture more of the evangelical vote, at one point he was the only evangelical candidate.

Why? I can only offer anecdotal evidence based on my own limited experiences... but it has been my impression that a lot of evangelical Christians seem obsessed with the idea of intervening in the Middle East in general, and bombing Iran in particular.

It drives me nuts.

I just had a related conversation with a relative recently. Young guy, evangelical Christian. He was asserting that "most Muslims" were bent on hurting the United States, therefore it was our duty to stop them at any cost.

It's tragic. :(

Eric21ND
11-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Look at the historical vote totals for third parties, especially the Libertarian and Constitution parties; they're abysmal.

Smart3
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Where would they go? I guess, the Constitution Party. Way too many libertarians have publicly pronounced their hatred for God, for many Christians to consider the Libertarian Party.
The Constitution Party is basically the Christian Heritage party of America. (you can look up Canada's Christian Heritage party, and you'll see the similarities)

A. Havnes
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Probably this reason has a lot to do with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmyJs5Qa0w