PDA

View Full Version : Romney calls his campaign a "movement."

Philhelm
11-03-2012, 09:10 AM
You have got to be kidding me!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/three-days-romney-calls-campaign-movement-135239106--election.html

PORTSMOUTH, N.H.—Mitt Romney kicked off a whirlwind weekend of campaigning across the country in the state where he launched his bid for the presidency, expressing confidence that he will win the election.

"New Hampshire won me the Republican nomination, and New Hampshire is going to get me to the White House," the Republican nominee said at the first of four scheduled rallies on Saturday.

Speaking to more than 1,000 voters here at a chilly airport rally, Romney sounded a more retrospective note heading into the final weekend of the campaign.

"I've watched over the last few months as our campaign has gone from a start to a movement. It's not just the size of the crowds. It's the conviction and compassion in the hearts of the people," Romney said. "It's made me strive to be more worthy of the support I have received across the country and to campaign as I would govern, to speak for the aspirations of all Americans, not just some Americans."

From here, Romney will travel to Dubuque, Iowa, and then onto Colorado, where he will hold rallies in Colorado Springs and Englewood. He'll spend the night in Des Moines, where he's scheduled to hold a rally Sunday morning.

Saturday's rally was Romney's first appearance in this hotly contested swing state in more than a month. Romney launched his campaign in the state in June 2011 and will hold his final rally here on Monday night in Manchester. Recent polls have found the GOP nominee statistically tied with President Barack Obama heading into Election Day

thoughtomator
11-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I had a similar movement this morning.

sailingaway
11-03-2012, 09:24 AM

that has to be what he meant.

He is getting huge crowds now, by the way, but we all know his means of getting huge crowds from Ames, CPAC.... and besides I've seen his internet ads on Utah sites to pay people's travel room and board to go do stuff for him.

FrankRep
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I agree, a Bowel Movement.

JK/SEA
11-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Ron Paul has a movement. Romney's movement is shit...uh-oh..i made a funny!...

NoOneButPaul
11-03-2012, 09:50 AM
The more he speaks the more I remember why i'd rather have Obama crash our currency...

Matt Collins
11-03-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Czolgosz
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Late night infomercials exist for a reason.

acptulsa
11-03-2012, 11:25 AM
That's funny. It always smelled to me like he was calling his B.M. a 'campaign'...

Tinnuhana
11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
A liberal friend of mine on FB was saying he bought $5000 worth of food and gave it to people to "donate" back to him to give the people displaced by Sandy. I replied about the "home made" signs his campaign was handing out for rallies.

Cleaner44
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I just received a call from the Romney campaign asking for money for their latest "money bomb"... I found that interesting.

Philhelm
11-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I just received a call from the Romney campaign asking for money for their latest "money bomb"... I found that interesting.

What a slap in the face.

John of Des Moines
11-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Mitt's having a gathering at Hy-Vee Hall downtown Des Moines tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 A.M. I'll see what kind of movement Mitt has and report back.

acptulsa
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
What a slap in the face.

Yeah, it's a slap in our faces. But it's also a slapdown of his 'my campaign is a movement' theory.

Ron Paul didn't ask for a money bomb. We invented those and, like most bombing raids, surprised Ron Paul with it, because we believed that setting the one-day fundraising record was something the Mainstream Mafia couldn't ignore. At least, they couldn't ignore it without discrediting themselves...

JK/SEA
11-03-2012, 12:26 PM

Benton said it was ok to use.

AGRP
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Who's gonna do the wiping?

tangent4ronpaul
11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
WHOO, HOOOO!!!! GO ASTROTURF "movement", GO!!!!

:rolleyes:

-t

anaconda
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Me three times yesterday. But that was after a night of heavy drinking.

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I agree, a Bowel Movement.

Do we have a list of bowel movement candidates? Here's a start (turtle head poking out):

1. Joe Lieberman
2. Dianne Feinstein
3. John McCain
4. Steny Hoyer
5. Eric Cantor
6. Hillary Clinton
7. John Boehner
8. Paul Ryan
9. Mitt Romney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBFa545nVFk

kathy88
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Do we have a list of bowel movement candidates? Here's a start (turtle head poking out):

I believe the correct terminology is "Prairie Doggin'"

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Mitten's comment could become another "sweet Jesus" moment for Joe Scarborough on Monday morning..

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Mittens is certifiably the least cool nominee since Richard Nixon.

HOLLYWOOD
11-03-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.chezrougie.com/colonblow3.jpg

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Mittens: "Colon Blow Is Popular!"

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Who's gonna do the wiping?

Hannity or Limbaugh.

sailingaway
11-03-2012, 01:28 PM

I might have to tweet that image in response to the 'movement' tweet going around....

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
In another universe, this would be the most popular thread ever. Unless THIS ^ IS that universe. The next 12 hours are crucial. It may eventually surpass "best picture thread EVAR" and "Ron Paul drinks Fiji water."

CaptainAmerica
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
What movement is that ? the gestapo nazi movement that seizes power of the party from the top down?

PaulConventionWV
11-03-2012, 01:32 PM
You have got to be kidding me!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/three-days-romney-calls-campaign-movement-135239106--election.html

Ripped straight from a Ron Paul rally speech.

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:35 PM

Who handles the email at Monsanto?

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Have you stopped laughing yet?

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:39 PM
What movement is that ? the gestapo nazi movement that seizes power of the party from the top down?

Now you're getting technical.

PaulConventionWV
11-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Just like I suspected. They are deliberately copying the Ron Paul campaign. Of course, the moneybomb stint is nothing new. Bachmann, Cain, even Huckabee have all stolen that idea already. The surprise is that it's Romney, the guy who doesn't actually need the money. None of his supporters donating small amounts actually add up to a significant amount of money for him. Already gets everything he needs from corporate giants and very wealthy donors skirting around the campaign finance laws. It's all about perception.

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I might have to tweet that image in response to the 'movement' tweet going around....

I'm not sure how massive gluten ingestion equates to "Colon Blow" but I guess this is part of the divine mystery of the Romney candidacy.

HOLLYWOOD
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
What movement is that ? the gestapo nazi movement that seizes power of the party from the top down?75% of Bush's handlers are now Romney's handlers... the other 25% newcomers, are just as bad. Fascism, Military War Complex, and shredding the US Constitution on steroids.

anaconda
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Just like I suspected. They are deliberately copying the Ron Paul campaign. Of course, the moneybomb stint is nothing new. Bachmann, Cain, even Huckabee have all stolen that idea already. The surprise is that it's Romney, the guy who doesn't actually need the money. None of his supporters donating small amounts actually add up to a significant amount of money for him. Already gets everything he needs from corporate giants and very wealthy donors skirting around the campaign finance laws. It's all about perception.

http://donttreadonmike.com/2007/11/17/barack-obamas-money-bomb-earns-4500/

talkingpointes
11-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Where is the MEMES. Somebody post good pictures for "movement" captions!

acptulsa
11-03-2012, 03:27 PM
'I hope there is some sane people who will appreciate dignity and not showmanship in their choice for the presidency.'--Will Rogers

There are. Just not a lot.

Dick Chaney
11-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Obama 2012, just so I can see the GOP crash and burn.

scrosnoe
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Let's not forget the cute blondes in tight fitting red dresses strategically placed at the RNC trying to energize the crowd for the TV audience... (wish I had taken a picture but busy on other matters at the time!)

acptulsa
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
'Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.'--Will Rogers

'The 1928 Republican Convention opened with a prayer. If the Lord can see His way clear to bless the Republican Party the way it's been carrying on, then the rest of us ought to get it without even asking.'--Will Rogers

Bruno
11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Mitt's having a gathering at Hy-Vee Hall downtown Des Moines tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 A.M. I'll see what kind of movement Mitt has and report back.

I considered going as well. Thanks in advance for your report.

Original_Intent
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
It's a movement all right - an Ex-Lax movement.

Feelgood
11-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Maybe we should call Mittens "hot carl"? :)

angelatc
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM

Me too! I wish I could have taped it. It was odd.

anaconda
11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
http://hemorrhoidnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bowel_movements_hemorrhoids-300x185.png
Where is the MEMES. Somebody post good pictures for "movement" captions!

John of Des Moines
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
So I go to Mitt's big rally at the Hy-Vee convention hall this morning that's suppose to start at 10. I get to the downtown area at about 9:30 or so parking about 2 blocks west to the building. I walk over and see one lone couple taking a picture of the security bus off to the side. Ask them were is everybody for this big campaign event - expecting the street to have people milling about, coming and going and such. They scoff at the idea of there was a "big" campaign event around (they knew otherwise). Headed to the "main" entrance that they funneled people thru. Noticed one vendor selling t-shirts and stuff and another group handing out free t-shirts with their website on it (some vet's group supporting Mitt). Have to give my name to get in, pass through security screening then into Hall A.

Now, having been involved with a June 30, 2007 Des Moines event where an unknown U.S. Representative had over 1100 people come to hear him speak I was expecting a really, really, really big crowd for the 2012 Republican nominee and his movement. If Mitt had over 1800 people I'll donate a $1000 to his campaign.

Personally, I think Paul would have drawn 50,000 Iowans on a brisk Sunday morning. Naturally, the media would have found the 75 or so out of state supporters and touted them as the core of Paul's Iowa support.

anaconda
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
If Mitt had over 1800 people I'll donate a $1000 to his campaign.

I'm not quite clear..so are you saying you are estimating that about 1800 people attended the event? Seems decent. Ron Paul's event at U.C. Berkeley was probably not much more than that. What was the temperature on this November morning in Des Moines?

liberty2897
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Maybe Mitt figured out a way to create BYU-style cold fusion with worthless federal reserve notes? He's probably getting ready to send Iran a big lump sum tied to the top of a drone.

John of Des Moines
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm not quite clear..so are you saying you are estimating that about 1800 people attended the event? Seems decent. Ron Paul's event at U.C. Berkeley was probably not much more than that. What was the temperature on this November morning in Des Moines?

Yes, I'm saying 1,800 were there. This was an indoor event, the temp was 40 or so. (And there was the sleep an hour time-change.)

Yes, it's a decent crowd for a controlled (via the media and others) partisan event.

Sorry, Paul was on the ticket a crowd of 50K would have shown up. Period.

AGRP
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwcVJMvVWDA&feature=fvwrel

anaconda
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwcVJMvVWDA&feature=fvwrel

Never saw this all the way through. It's definitely gonna have to go into my Netflix queue. This video is a perfect metaphor for a Ron Paul supporter purging the Romney platform, first with great discomfort and finally with exuberant relief.