PDA

View Full Version : Zogby rep explains poll on Alex Jones

lynnf
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Alex Jones 11/20/7 listed guest:

Fritz Wenzel, Director of Communications for Zogby International, about recent polls conducted by his organization concerning Ron Paul including a blind poll which revealed that Ron Paul actually has the support of a majority of Americans.

lynn

FrankRep
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
And, Ron Paul would be the only Republican that could beat Hillary Clinton.

lynnf
11-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Alex Jones program (Zogby rep on the show today about the "Ron Paul" poll)

http://www.nfowars.net:443/stream1.pls

http://www.infowars.com/listen.html#podcast

if these don't work for you, go to infowars.com, look at the top right-hand corner
of page

if anyone was able to listen to the program, please let us know where the relevant
section of the program is within the three hour length.

lynn

0zzy
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Alex is angry.
Very angry.
I'd be too, be pissed if I wasted all that money.

improv241
11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
don't understand, can anyone clear up what has happened?

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Alex is angry.
Very angry.
I'd be too, be pissed if I wasted all that money.
Buyer beware.

0zzy
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
don't understand, can anyone clear up what has happened?

Alex Jones
"I want poll Rudy, Romney, Paul, and Thompson in a blind bio poll for all voters."

Zogby
"Oh...okay....so can we poll, Republicans?"

Jones
"Like the super conservative ones?"

Zogby
"Well...kindaaa."

Jones
"They don't have internet?"

Zogby
"Statically, no"

Jones
"Well, I guess sure. So we can say we won against that group"

Poll comes out, we win 33% in blind bio, and every single religion, and nascar.

Jones
"Yay! We win!"

Zogby
"Rudy WINS. (with Republicans, 354/1009 of the poll). Three paragraphs, paragraphs, paragraph, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy....oh ya, Ron Paul won 33% against all of them in overall voters."

Jones
"WTF! I PAID ALL THAT MONEY AND YOU WANT TO SPIN THAT SHIT ON ME! ARE YOU JOKING! WTF! WE WON FAIR AND SQUARE! WTF!"

margomaps
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Eh, it's not surprising that Paul won amongst all voters, when the rest of the field consisted of all neocons. It's also not surprising that Ron LOST amongst all Republican voters.

I see no surprises here whatsoever. Jones commissioned the poll, and he's crying foul because he doesn't like the results? Lame.

Danny Molina
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll have to wait till I get home to hear this. Thoguht my blood preasure is already starting to rise just thinking about it.

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Eh, it's not surprising that Paul won amongst all voters, when the rest of the field consisted of all neocons. It's also not surprising that Ron LOST amongst all Republican voters.

I see no surprises here whatsoever. Jones commissioned the poll, and he's crying foul because he doesn't like the results? Lame.
Agree.

If Alex had asked for the bios of Clinton, Obama and Edwards to be added, and Paul came out the victor, THEN this would be terrific news.

As it stands, there's no way to tell how many voters registered as Democrats will vote in the GOP primaries.

RPFTW!
11-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Damn I'd be pissed to, go get em Alex

0zzy
11-20-2007, 05:40 PM

He's not crying wolf. He paid for a press release on the 1009 polled. They spun the results, he got pissed.

This also means he has a better chance in the general election among Republicans.

Adamsa
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Paul's appeal to outside the GOP is why he has such a shot in NH anyway.

dircha
11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
It's not so easy to buy poll results after all, is it?

0zzy
11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

...you are taking Zogby's side? I'm not understanding. If you pay for a poll, and they spin it, showing only 40% of the people, you have the right to get mad. Especially when you win overall.

Spirit of '76
11-20-2007, 07:45 PM

That probably depends on whether you are Ron Paul or Rudy Giuliani.

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
...you are taking Zogby's side? I'm not understanding. If you pay for a poll, and they spin it, showing only 40% of the people, you have the right to get mad. Especially when you win overall.
What conclusion can we draw from the 100% data? That many Democrats recognized the bios and gave a big "screw you" to Giuliani, Romney and Thompson? That many Democrats are sympathetic to Paul when no Democratic candidates are present? That Democrats in closed primary states will register as Republicans in time to vote for Paul in the primaries?

The 100% number is pretty meaningless. What this poll was supposed to show is that likely voters in GOP primaries, when presented with bios/issues as opposed to just names, are more likely to give their support to Paul, which would indicate that over the coming weeks, as Paul's name gets advertised on the airwaves, his support would increase.

UtahApocalypse
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
When the results were coming yesterday I said that this would happen. The media is bought and paid for, same with the pollsters.