PDA

View Full Version : Counter red light camera licence plate frame

tangent4ronpaul
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.indiegogo.com/noPhoto

-t

roho76
11-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Wonderful. Shouldn't be to hard to make one of these on your own, with the right components from Radio Shack. Uh oh.

tod evans
11-03-2012, 06:33 AM
This looks like a good idea for you city dwellers/drivers.

phill4paul
11-03-2012, 06:56 AM
If it's good for the goose....

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness/mikeperlstein/Traffic-court-judges-using-dashboard-lights-to-dodge-fines-176527871.html

A close inspection of Judge Jones’ city-owned Mercury Grand Marquis LS showed that it also was outfitted with another device that poses a potential traffic violation. His license plate obscured by a plastic cover that reflects flash cameras, including the dozens of traffic cameras used to collect millions of dollars from tickets in New Orleans.

Driving with an illegible plate is a violation of both city and state law.

The city ordinance, 154-307, states that “No vehicle shall be driven on the streets of this city with any vehicle license plate which is mutilated, defaced, damaged, or obscured in such a manner as to make the letters and numerals thereon illegible."

The state violation, 47:507, states that all license plates must be “clearly visible, and be maintained free from foreign materials and in a condition to be clearly legible.”

Jones said the car was given to him by the city with the plastic cover and he wasn’t aware of it.

I was given the car like that. I didn’t put the plate on it. That was from the city like that,” Jones said.
When we showed him photographs illustrating how his plate becomes invisible in the glare of a camera flash, he responded, “I didn’t know about that.”

ShaneEnochs
11-03-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't know about the "frame", but even clear plastic covers are illegal here.

puppetmaster
11-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Nice idea. Price is hard to follow.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Nice idea. Price is hard to follow.

They're seeking venture capital.