PDA

View Full Version : Split off posts that don't belong where posted

nobody's_hero
10-31-2012, 04:26 AM
You could vote for the guy who wears peace-sign T-shirts every time he goes to speak at a college.

lx43
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Why not vote for the lesser of the evils on the ballot, Gary Johnson? Looks like I'll hold my nose to do that. From what I can tell I won't even be able to write a name in.

Dogsoldier
11-02-2012, 01:34 PM
All I know is if you keep voting for dem or rep you WILL get the same thing....Thats a fact not an opinion with decades to back me up.

OF COURSE VOTE GARY JOHNSON somebody ANYBODY but Rep or Dem!!!!!

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Please see my thread located at right here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394273-Why-I-didn-t-waste-my-vote-on-Gary-Johnson.&p=4711287#post4711287), OP.

WesSeid
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
This subforum is not for Gary Johnson. It IS for Ron Paul

It's not really about Gary Johnson. It's about being Ron Paul fanboys who censor discussion of anything that isn't pro-Ron Paul.

Nope. They're completely right. The 2012 battle for us happened last spring, and we lost it. Even if GJ beats all expectations and breaks 2% on Tuesday it's irrelevant.

Come on. Everyone knows what can at least potentially happen to the two-party system if ANY party besides the main two gets 5% of the vote.

sailingaway
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
It's not really about Gary Johnson. It's about being Ron Paul fanboys who censor discussion of anything that isn't pro-Ron Paul.

Come on. Everyone knows what can at least potentially happen to the two-party system if ANY party besides the main two gets 5% of the vote.

If you call people who vote for Ron Paul because they see him as adhering to their principles and don't vote for Gary Johnson because they DON'T see him the same way 'fanboys', particularly in Ron's own forum, you are going to get banned. Note no one is calling GJ voters names to try to get them to switch votes, WE believe in voting your conviction. You should, and we will.

And didn't the green party already get over 5%? I didn't see the two parties crumble. I also see GJ getting that number about as realistic as Ron Paul winning California where he is a write in candidate, and his electors deciding the election. Both are technically possible, however.

WesSeid
11-03-2012, 04:02 PM
If you call people who vote for Ron Paul because they see him as adhering to their principles and don't vote for Gary Johnson because they DON'T see him the same way 'fanboys', particularly in Ron's own forum, you are going to get banned.
I didn't call people fanboys for writing in Ron Paul. I called people fanboys who censor discussion of anything that isn't pro-Ron Paul.

Rocco
11-03-2012, 04:03 PM
To say you have let your personal opinions get in the way of moderating and gotten completely out of control would be a big understatement.

If you call people who vote for Ron Paul because they see him as adhering to their principles and don't vote for Gary Johnson because they DON'T see him the same way 'fanboys', particularly in Ron's own forum, you are going to get banned. Note no one is calling GJ voters names to try to get them to switch votes, WE believe in voting your conviction. You should, and we will.

And didn't the green party already get over 5%? I didn't see the two parties crumble. I also see GJ getting that number about as realistic as Ron Paul winning California where he is a write in candidate, and his electors deciding the election. Both are technically possible, however.

Rocco
11-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Only one of the 'fanboys' has any actual power to censor the discussion, and that would be Sailing.

I didn't call people fanboys for writing in Ron Paul. I called people fanboys who censor discussion
of anything that isn't pro-Ron Paul.

kathy88
11-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Rocco got the boot? Perma-like?

sailingaway
11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Rocco got the boot? Perma-like?

no, just through Tuesday. I've only ever permabanned people who were permabanned previously and came back, and not always then. I think I've done it three times and twice it was fire11 -- and only AFTER he started calling for killing off huge swaths of the earth's population. I find fire11 to be mindbending.

nobody's_hero
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
How did my post not belong in a thread where a guy asks for suggestions on what to do since he can't write in Ron Paul in SC?

Come on. This Johnson censorship (no pun intended) is getting out-of-hand.

WesSeid
11-04-2012, 10:32 AM
This is RP Grassroots Central. Hell, the name of the website is RON PAUL forums. There is a separate section for GJ talk. This subform isn't it.
Should retitle the forum "RP Cheerleading Central" then so its better understood that non-100% Ron Paul discussion will be censored.

I wonder what Ron Paul would think of such censorship.

If you call people who vote for Ron Paul because they see him as adhering to their principles and don't vote for Gary Johnson because they DON'T see him the same way 'fanboys', particularly in Ron's own forum, you are going to get banned.

then they would misunderstand organization here, which I clarified for him.

Regardless, 'fanboys' is an attack and not ok in any section, against forum members.
Whoa, hey, and I clarified FOR YOU what my "attack" was about. And now YOU DELETED AND CENSORED THAT CLARIFICATION yet didn't do the same for your incorrect and wrong attack at me which is quoted above.

If you're going to delete my clarification post, then you should also delete your post where you wrongly attack me for something I didn't say.

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I frequently delete attacks. And a mod warning is a warning. And Ron would very likely consider private property and the fact that the entire forums was created for this purpose [slightly different from how you label it, but nevermind] and now only this subforum enforces it to be sufficient reason, don't you think?

Don't YOU respect private property rights?

WesSeid
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I frequently delete attacks. And a mod warning is a warning.
Where's the deletion of your incorrect and wrongful attack on me and putting words into my mouth of something I didn't say?

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Where's the deletion of your incorrect and wrongful attack on me and putting words into my mouth of something I didn't say?You are supposed to appeal mod action by joint pm to Bryan and Josh, not on the boards. I don't know if I deleted it or just moved it to a split off thread in Presidential Elections. But I didn't put words in your mouth, I'm pretty sure I quoted a specific word in question.

WesSeid
11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't know if I deleted it or just moved it to a split off thread in Presidential Elections. But I didn't put words in your mouth, I'm pretty sure I quoted a specific word in question.
Post #12.

You quoted me and then wrote that, as if that's what I said, which it is not. You then deleted and censored my clarification post about that.

sailingaway
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Post #12.

You quoted me and then wrote that, as if that's what I said, which it is not. You then deleted and censored my clarification post about that.

Since I quoted your post, I don't think I was misleading. I'll move all these posts, instead of deleting them, because they are derailing the thread.

WesSeid
11-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Regardless, 'fanboys' is an attack and not ok in any section, against forum members.
It was an attack against censorship and limited discussion. Kind of eye-opening getting a similar treatment in this forum as on a crazy liberal or neocon forum.

I've been attacked in this thread. It's just that kind of attack is done not by words but by preventing words.

ninepointfive
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
More people have voted Libertarian this time around than I can remember.

Dems are getting pissed at LP Candidates.
Reps are getting pissed at LP Candidates.

Spoiler card, bitches. Let's get this up to 5% nationally.

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
It was an attack against censorship and limited discussion. Kind of eye-opening getting a similar treatment in this forum as on a crazy liberal or neocon forum.

I've been attacked in this thread. It's just that kind of attack is done not by words but by preventing words.

Wes, this site was created to support Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a write in candidate in a number of states. DESPITE that, because the primary is over, a 2012 Presidential election section has been created so people could discuss other candidates, since, with Ron not able to be written in and counted in some states, and with some of our community having ties to the LP and wanting good results there, we wanted people to have a place to discuss that. However, it is NOT ok to try to leverage your candidate solicitation into the subforum specifically dedicated to showcasing Ron, and you have been told that over and over. YOu are free to start as many sites of your own for GJ as you want. But when you come to one already supporting someone else, you do have to put up with the existing rules for the site.