PDA

View Full Version : FEMA and Federal Assistance Media Narrative in Full Swing

AuH20
11-02-2012, 05:57 AM
This goes far beyond Mitt Romney. Only Uncle Sam is licensed to help. And with boxcars of tax revenue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voices/post/let-them-eat-canned-goods-romneys-clueless-storm-response/2012/11/01/e84efc52-2471-11e2-ac85-e669876c6a24_blog.html

Some organizations, while they appreciate assistance from the public, find that stockpiling goods and other items an ineffective way to engage in disaster relief. The American Red Cross is asking for financial donations in the wake of Sandy. If the Romney campaign wanted to best immediate impact, they would have far better served the relief effort by contributing $5,000 in cash instead of spending it on supplies.

Anyone who has ever volunteered for relief efforts following a disaster knows that it only adds work to the relief organizations of their volunteers have to collect canned goods and granola bars. Today’s informed volunteer raises funds so experienced organizations can fund local efforts on the ground and don’t have to lug around often useless items.

In addition, Romney was photographed loading what “appeared to be multiple bags of uncooked rice” onto a truck. What good is uncooked rice for people whose power has gone out?

This is both clueless and heartless.

Biblically speaking, “hardness of heart” causes a lack of understanding. (Ephesians 4:18) In other words, when you are not acting out of compassion, but self-interest, ignorance will surely follow. You don’t care enough to find out what people actually want and need.

In disasters, people want and need rapid and effective government action, in coordination with state and local efforts and experienced relief organizations supported by financial donations from compassionate Americans.

Uncooked rice? How can anyone be so heartless!! ROFL

tod evans
11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Many folks like myself would hop in our old jalopies and come help out with trailers full of food and tools if only "Our Government" got out of the way.

It is government that "should" stand back and send money, not real people.

Everything government gets its hand in is always worse off than before they helped.

asurfaholic
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM
You can generate heat without electricity. A little backyard setup, a pot, some water, and some uncooked rice can feed a family. Seriously, people need to learn basic survival techniques.

The Goat
11-02-2012, 07:23 AM
You can generate heat without electricity. A little backyard setup, a pot, some water, and some uncooked rice can feed a family. Seriously, people need to learn basic survival techniques.

But what would the government do if people learned to take care of them self?

phill4paul
11-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Many local churches have trailers loaded with supplies waiting to roll.

AuH20
11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
This article makes me squirm:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/lupica-big-government-lot-hurricane-sandy-article-1.1195394

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM

lol. If only we could figure out some technique to use wood or paper products as fuel...

tod evans
11-02-2012, 07:39 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/lupica-big-government-lot-hurricane-sandy-article-1.1195394

Very scary mindset!

Lucille
11-02-2012, 10:10 AM

I've been reading Big Govt's been doing a horrible job!

The American Red Cross is asking for financial donations in the wake of Sandy.

Them too, as usual.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2012/11/american-red-cross-goes-awol.html

At a press conference this morning on Staten Island, a host of local officials, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, gathered to highlight the needs of the hard-hit borough in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. And, although many pols spoke, no one was more impassioned than Borough President James Molinaro, who called the Red Cross an “absolute disgrace” and even urged the public to cease giving them contributions.

“Because the devastation in Staten Island, the lack of a response,” Mr. Molinaro said to explain his comment to NBC after the press conference. “You know, I went to a shelter Monday night after the storm. People were coming in with no socks, with no shoes. They were in desperate need. Their housing was destroyed. They were crying. Where was the Red Cross? Isn’t that their function? They collect millions of dollars. Whenever there’s a drive in Staten Island, we give openly and honestly. Where are they? Where are they? I was at the South Shore yesterday, people were buried in their homes. There the dogs are trying to find bodies. The people there, the neighbors who had no electricity, were making soup. Making soup. It’s very emotional because the lack of a response. The lack of a response. They’re supposed to be here….They should be on the front lines fighting, and helping the people.”

The function of the American Red Cross is to collect millions of dollars and then distribute that money throughout its bureaucracy. It has nothing to do with helping anyone except themselves. Doesn't everyone know that?

The Salvation Army is the only one worth its salt.

Locally, the United Way has a lot of sway. As I understand it, if you don't approve of the city council transferring tax dollars to the United Way, then the rapists win.

acptulsa
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
As if there's not one gas stove in the whole of New York City.

FEMA was a week getting to Joplin after the tornado. If the cities around had sat on their thumbs during that week, the fedgov would have shown up to find people starving. As it was, FEMA showed up to find people unenthusiastic--no, that's an understatement, people were sorry to see them arrive. And with good reason; the Red Cross and local assistance worked better than FEMA, but FEMA kicked them out anyway.

AuH20
11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I've been reading that fire department has prevented a few disastrous mishaps from homeowners running generators in their homes as well as portable grills. Talk about stupidity!

roho76
11-02-2012, 10:49 AM

"Basic survival techniques"? Can I get that through amazon or has the government banned those too? :)