PDA

View Full Version : Americans Proudly Voting for Evil

Lucille
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Americans Proudly Voting for Evil
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lazarowitz/lazarowitz56.1.html

As our society continues to rapidly decay, we have a presidential election in which the zombies will be out there in droves voting for the two statists, Obama and Romney.

The conservatives continue to support an aggressive and belligerent foreign policy – despite all its blowback – that includes indiscriminate drone bombings and murders of innocent foreigners. So much for being "pro-life."

These days, warmongers who claim to be Christian have lost touch with their Christianity, so it seems. The arrogant and narcissistic attitude of "American Exceptionalism" far supersedes traditional Judeo-Christian moral values with todays conservatives. So despite Romney’s many left-leaning problems, he will probably get the conservatives and the Exceptionalists’ vote.

And the progressives – many of them will vote for Obama, knowing full well about the Obama Administration’s drone-murders of innocents, and other anti-human rights, anti-civil liberties acts of immorality and criminality.

In a recent article on identifying and rejecting evil, Arthur Silber uses two articles, one from the New York Times and another from the Washington Post, to show how the Obama Administration not only wants its murder program known to the American people, but is doing so proudly.

If you're not reading Arthur Sibler's blog (http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/), then you're really missing out.

In Accomplice to Murder, Silber points out the similarities between Romney and Obama in their support of the indiscriminate drone murders of entirely innocent human beings. Silber notes that, while a vote for Romney or Obama amounts to support for the government’s drone-murder program and the killing of innocent human beings, he describes the people who nevertheless refuse to understand this, citing people such as Daniel Ellsberg and Noam Chomsky. Silber takes great pains to explain how voting for the lesser of two evils (in the case of his examples, progressives nevertheless voting for Obama), is still a show of support for evil, but states succinctly (his bold):

As I have written before: "the claim of a 'right' to dispense death arbitrarily – the claim that the State may murder anyone it chooses, whenever it desires – constitutes a separate category altogether, a category of which this particular claim is the sole unit. When death is unleashed, all possibility of action is ended forever." For this reason – and it is the only reason required – it is not "perfectly rational and reasonable" to decide that "the evils of their candidate are outweighed by the evils of the GOP candidate."

There is no evil beyond the claimed "right" to murder by arbitrary edict, to murder anyone, anywhere, anytime. If you support this particular evil – and if you vote for Obama, you support it – then you will support anything.

If you vote for Obama or Romney, do so proudly. I want you to say: "I vote for Obama/Romney proudly. I am proud to be a knowing accomplice to their murders, including the murders of innocent human beings." Say that, and those of us who refuse to surrender our souls will know where you stand.

This is not a complicated issue. It is stunningly straightforward. Those who seek to complicate and confuse it do so because they will not identify the meaning of their support, either to themselves or to anyone else. When they wish still to be regarded as "civilized," murderers and their accomplices will engage in endless irrelevant arguments and invent complexities where none exist. Don't let them get away with it. They are knowing accomplices to murder. Make them say it.
[...]
Make them say it. I still have hope for the future, but whatever hope I have rests on our understanding, identifying and accepting the meaning of what we are doing. To vote for Obama or Romney is to be a knowing accomplice to their murders. If that is what you are, say it. Say it -- and be damned.

Then we can defend ourselves.

dean.engelhardt
11-01-2012, 03:44 PM
So glad to read this thread. With all the pro Romney threads glad to see some sanity. Thanks.

phill4paul
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
+rep The Romney shills are back in droves. Like the McCain shills of yesteryear. Post is a reminder that brings us back to our roots.

jkr
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
HOLDthaLINE!!!!

monte
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
This is great. I'm going to post this on a local forum full of lesser than two evil Romney apologists.

DamianTV
11-02-2012, 01:57 AM
+Rep!

Sadly, most people recognize that they are being offered a choice between two candidates and it is up to them to decide which one is "less evil". They continue to vote for evil by voting for either one of those choices. They do nothing when the obvious voter fraud in the Primaries, Caucuses and Conventions is ignored by the media. They refuse to wake up. They seem to even want to only be given a choice of two evils insted of getting off of their collectively lazy asses and supporting the only one that is a true Statesman.

The majority of the people of this country are exactly what is wrong with this country.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-02-2012, 03:13 AM
The sad part is they're voting out of spite for the other, not for love of the candidate they're voting for.