PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to America: Texas Police Sniper Guns Down Immigrants From Helicopter

ZENemy
10-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Brown Goyim

:(

After being pulled over for having a suspect "covered truck bed," a vehicle which fled from Texas game wardens was shot at by Texas "Department of Public Safety" agents with a sniper rifle from a helicopter. While the police claim they were intending to disable the car, they instead killed two passengers, and sent another to the hospital. No drugs were found, and the DPS says their shooting was "within policy."

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Welcome_to_America%3A_Texas_Police_Sniper_Guns_Dow n_Immigrants_From_Helicopter/22273/0/0/0/Y/M.html

TheTexan
10-31-2012, 09:18 PM
After being pulled over for having a suspect "covered truck bed," a vehicle which fled from Texas game wardens was shot at by Texas "Department of Public Safety" agents with a sniper rifle from a helicopter. While the police claim they were intending to disable the car, they instead killed two passengers, and sent another to the hospital. No drugs were found, and the DPS says their shooting was "within policy."

obvious lie is obvious

ZENemy
10-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry, this was meant for "General Politics"

Indy Vidual
10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Texas game wardens?
So are we "the game?"

mad cow
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
The Hunger Games.

mrsat_98
11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Texas game wardens?
So are we "the game?"

Apparently you have no understanding of the Drug Laws of the United States. Maybe this will clear things up.http://iamnotananimal.org/pdfs/I_AM_NOT_AN_ANIMAL.pdf

Kilrain
11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
The Hunger Games.

I was thinking more along these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

Lucille
11-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Texas Trooper Kills Unarmed Guatemalans, Mistaking Them for Drugs
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/01/texas-trooper-kills-unarmed-guatemalans

Last week a Texas trooper in a helicopter fired on a pickup truck that state police were chasing through the desert near La Joya, a town close to the border with Mexico. He shot out the truck's tires, causing the driver to crash into a ditch. He also shot and killed two unarmed Guatemalans in their 20s—fathers of two and three children, respectively—who were under a tarp in the back of the truck along with seven other job seekers. The cops thought they were chasing drug smugglers, but it turned out they were chasing people smugglers. Either way, they were using deadly force to disrupt peaceful transactions, which is always immoral but seems especially egregious in this case, where the threat to public safety that supposedly justified shooting at the truck was 1) debatable and 2) created by the police.
[...]
"We need a serious and big investigation into this case because I cannot understand why DPS made the decision to shoot them," said Alba Caceres, the Guatemalan consul in McAllen. "I have never seen something similar to this." Likewise University of South Carolina criminologist Geoffrey Alpert, who told the Associated Press, "In 25 years following police pursuits, I hadn't seen a situation where an officer shot a speeding vehicle from a helicopter." Alpert said firing on the truck was "a reckless act," serving "no legitimate law enforcement purpose." He said such an action would be justified only if "you know for sure the person driving the car deserves to die and that there are no other occupants." The Express-News reports that survivors said the tarp covering the would-be wage earners "was flimsy and blowing off, enough so that the trooper in the helicopter could see them."

The trooper has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation, but DPS sees no need to reconsider the practice of using sharpshooters to prevent drugs and labor from making their way to people who want them. "We need to protect those aerial assets," Vinger said, "and in doing so we put a sniper on those. And we're really not apologetic about it. We've got an obligation to protect our men and women when we're trying to protect Texas."

enjerth
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I kind of wish that employing deadly force on an unidentified non-violent suspect in flight, even if not targeting the suspect's person directly, wasn't something "within policy" for them to operate under.

I don't believe that a sniper, and especially not one carried by chopper, is the proper tool to stop a fleeing suspect.

IMHO, that kind of policy spells all manner of new grief to come.

What's it going to take for someone to stand up and say that this is not an acceptable policy?

enjerth
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
This is about as close to "a Department of Safety drone fired on a suspect's truck, killing 2 passengers hiding in the back as the suspect fled from state police" you can get without the drone actually being a drone. I wonder what drones will add to this situation?

tod evans
11-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I wonder what drones will add to this situation?

One more level of unaccountability.