PDA

View Full Version : 40% Babies Out of Wedlock

presence
10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
More than 40 percent of all babies born in the country last year, the report said, were born to unmarried women.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-us-birth-rate-hits-all-time-low-407-babies-born-unmarried-women

Meatwasp
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Poor kids. They need a dad

ronpaulfollower999
10-31-2012, 06:36 PM
I was born out of wedlock and turned out just fine, but my parents did end up getting married a year later. :)

ronpaulfollower999
10-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Poor kids. They need a dad

I thought it was a mom they were lacking? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?394010-Where-s-my-mommy-ad

Meatwasp
10-31-2012, 06:42 PM
I was born out of wedlock and turned out just fine, but my parents did end up getting married a year later. :)
You had a dad. So thats great.

awake
10-31-2012, 06:50 PM
A good portion of these births are born in a marrage of sorts ; the single mother to the state. Biologicaly speaking the male sperm donor is of little importance, the father is the state and they raise thier children in thier image.

green73
10-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Signature of a welfare state.

juleswin
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM

Very true. My friend has 2 kids out of wedlock, both from the same woman and they have been together for like 6 yrs now. So if out of wedlock includes couples co-habitating then I dont know how exactly to interpret this poll

Anti Federalist
10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
A good portion of these births are born in a marriage of sorts ; the single mother to the state. Biologically speaking the male sperm donor is of little importance, the father is the state and they raise their children in their image.

And rep to you both.

Danke
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry.

Oh holy shit I just hurt myself laughing.

Bastard...

green73
10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Take Danke out of the equation and it's only 40.7%

awake
10-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Births outside of marriage contracts is also a sign of the state in a different way. Men in general are notoriously timid in making commitments when the state gives special privileges to the female in the marital relationship. more specifically, everyone has seen or known a man left looted bare when the female cashes in her chips with the state justice system. Compare that with the reverse of that situation, females left destitute because of child support payments, which is virtually unheard of, and you will see it plainly. Don't get me started on common law...Everyone is married after X months.

Why is gold digger not a term applied to males?

With both male and females producing and working, the biased is slowly mitigating, but not much.

Lysander Spooner is a good read on this: he clearly takes a woman to task for cheating on her husband with the state. Love that guy.

The white producing male has been the target of state powered envy for some time.

Philhelm
10-31-2012, 07:55 PM
At least my daughter will have a father. That is until the state indefinitely detains me for writing in "Ron Paul."

tod evans
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Cut all federal funding, stats will drop to less than 15% in one generation.

Qdog
10-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Those Bastards!

ShaneEnochs
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't see where it says whether or not the mother and father were together, though. My son was born out of wedlock, but my wife and I got married a year later. This is probably the case with many people. Not sure what a social contract has to do with anything, though.

presence
11-01-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't see where it says whether or not the mother and father were together, though. My son was born out of wedlock, but my wife and I got married a year later. This is probably the case with many people. Not sure what a social contract has to do with anything, though.

My "wife" and I have been together over a decade and we have a 3 year old. The one thing we don't have is any form of marriage "contract"; we're bound in spirit. Neither of us have any interest in state authorization or recognition of our love and duties to one another.

jmdrake
11-01-2012, 07:07 AM
My "wife" and I have been together over a decade and we have a 3 year old. The one thing we don't have is any form of marriage "contract"; we're bound in spirit. Neither of us have any interest in state authorization or recognition of our love and duties to one another.

Good for you. Here's one bit of unsolicited advice that you can take or leave. Write your own contract. This isn't for state "recognition." It's to keep the state from interfering later. Consider the sad story of Stieg Larsson (The author of the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series). He never married his girlfriend and he died without a will. Guess who decided what happened to his estate (http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_authors_family_compani on_fight_over_estate.html?id=114375054)?

specsaregood
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
//

Athan
11-01-2012, 07:50 AM
That and I don't see the point giving the government more money to do "paperwork" because I'm already common-law with my wife anyway. Family Trust and that's all I need.

Meatwasp
11-01-2012, 08:30 AM
That is the way to go. To heck with the government. You are married. Period

Eagles' Wings
11-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Same here, it will be a decade this febuary with a 2 year old. We have no desire to invite the state into our lives and instead opted to have a private exchanging of vows that we shared with family. the state can shove their version of wedlock up where the sun seldom shines.How are you handling medical care, insurance, other "legal" spousal benefits? Of course, say only what you wish. What would the cause of freedom from the state gain, if millions of people dissolved their civil marriage? I have to do some homework on this.

brandon
11-01-2012, 09:07 AM

You get some pretty nice tax breaks for getting married though, especially if one parent stays home with the kid.

ShaneEnochs
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't know if it is this way everywhere, but in West Virginia at least, if you live with someone for 7 years, you have what is known as a "common law" marriage.