PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Gary Johnson sign sighted in my (very red!) neighborhood!!

cajuncocoa
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
This is impressive for 2 reasons:

The house originally had a Mitt Romney sign on its lawn for several months... since before the Iowa primary. Just noticed the GJ sign today.

and

This is the first time that I've EVER seen a yard sign for a Libertarian Presidential candidate...progress!!

torchbearer
10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
i've seen gary's signs all over central louisiana. i drive about a 100 mile circle around alexandria. i go through almost every town each month. there are quite a few gary signs up. it will be interesting to see his numbers. i also convinced all my coworkers to vote for clay grant for congress. he is our LP candidate against alexander.
it will be interesting to see how well he does.
I got 2% as a libertarian candidate in that same race with 4 candidates.(didn't finish last though. :P)

dannno
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I live in a very very progressive area and have only seen Romney lawn/street signs, I don't even recall seeing anything more than an Obama bumper sticker to be honest.

cajuncocoa
10-31-2012, 05:42 PM
i've seen gary's signs all over central louisiana. i drive about a 100 mile circle around alexandria. i go through almost every town each month. there are quite a few gary signs up. it will be interesting to see his numbers. i also convinced all my coworkers to vote for clay grant for congress. he is our LP candidate against alexander.
it will be interesting to see how well he does.
I got 2% as a libertarian candidate in that same race with 4 candidates.(didn't finish last though. :P)I'm in Metairie...it's pretty red and they love their neocons here.

torchbearer
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I live in a very very progressive area and have only seen Romney lawn/street signs, I don't even recall seeing anything more than an Obama bumper sticker to be honest.

that makes sense. Romney is at least the untested progressive. Obama failed the progressives, and romney will too. he is just puppet for empire.

torchbearer
10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm in Metairie...it's pretty red and they love their neocons here.

when i was in the LP, our strongest liberty areas were lake charles, alexandria, and lafayette.
the landscape has changed a little as monroe and baton rouge have come online for us.
we didn't have many LPers from the new orleans area. which is weird since most people associate new orleans as being a libertine place.
but then again, libertarians aren't necesarily libertine.

cajuncocoa
10-31-2012, 06:50 PM
when i was in the LP, our strongest liberty areas were lake charles, alexandria, and lafayette.
the landscape has changed a little as monroe and baton rouge have come online for us.
we didn't have many LPers from the new orleans area. which is weird since most people associate new orleans as being a libertine place.
but then again, libertarians aren't necesarily libertine.New Orleans voters are mostly Democrats...polar opposite of my community.