PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do a Money Bomb today?

mavtek
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I got $50 burning a hole in my pocket who else does? Shouldn't hamper anything I can do on the 16th, so I'm ready when you guys are we should plan 1 for 2p or something like that. Post it up on DailyPaul, and in the meetups?

Jmaths117
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I got $50 burning a hole in my pocket who else does? Shouldn't hamper anything I can do on the 16th, so I'm ready when you guys are we should plan 1 for 2p or something like that. Post it up on DailyPaul, and in the meetups?

Just save it for the 16th.

me3
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Today's donations are depressingly low. I'm not sure how wise it is to string out the campaign for another month. It could start to affect how they spend money now.

Are there any intermediate, organized money bombs planned between now and Dec 16th?

jonathanwebb
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM

If 'ya can't hold your fire until Dec. 16, and you must spend it now, go over to www.ronpaul2008store.com and buy 10 yards signs and take 'em to your Meetup meeting or offer to put them in the yards of other RP supporters in your city.

We need boots on the ground spreading the word with signs, banners, bumper stickers, slim jims, etc . more than we need money going to HQ.

HQ has $8.6 million and is gonna get $10 million more in 25 days - they will be just fine.

Your purchases at the official RP store count towards the total anyway.

margomaps
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Today's donations are depressingly low. I'm not sure how wise it is to string out the campaign for another month. It could start to affect how they spend money now.

Are there any intermediate, organized money bombs planned between now and Dec 16th?

There was one on Saturday, and it was a huge dud. I think a $5,000 "surge" was noted between 1-2PM. I participated, and it was very disappointing. See ronpaulmoneybomb.com

McDermit
11-20-2007, 11:28 AM
either purchase from the store or just donate it.

While the impact of moneybombs is impressive, many of us seem to be getting too hung up on them. The campaign needs money every day. When you have it to give, do so. You don't need anyone's go ahead. Just do it.

DjLoTi
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Why is everybody tripping about the money? Remember in the beginning of Oct. when we were saying, "omg, 12 million, that's like 1mil per week... dude no way!!!"

Now we're 2 weeks and 500K ahead of schedule. It's not like if they don't get money NOW their campaign is going to hurt because of it. ACCORDING to THEM they don't need money, because they're WELL ahead of schedule.

Save it for the 16th gets my vote :) Donate more then 100$ if you can save up that much until then :)

yongrel
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Don't worry about other people. Just donate!

davidhperry
11-20-2007, 11:35 AM
While the impact of moneybombs is impressive, many of us seem to be getting too hung up on them. The campaign needs money every day. When you have it to give, do so. You don't need anyone's go ahead. Just do it.

Yes, the campaign really needs a more consistent (and higher) level of donations so that they can make financial decisions effectively.

I'm not a money bomb hater - I'll be donating then as well - but I do think we're carrying the concept a bit far at this point. The money bomb was designed so that people will pledge to give $100 on that day. If you plan to give more than that, why don't you go head and give them that right now?

jonathanwebb
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
It's your business what you do with your money, just don't go off and spend it on some electronic gadget or something stupid. Invest it in the future of America.

Do something with it - donate on the 16th, donate today, buy signs, donate to the blimp, or whatever. JUST DO IT. :)

I just think it's wise to wait and put it into the till on Dec. 16 to get a much greater cumulative effect, but for goodness sake, if you think there's a risk you might spend it on something stupid, spend it NOW on Ron Paul.

hopeforamerica
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Without looking, I can guess that the other candidates are having slow times too. Remember it's a holiday week, and people are very busy. Donate when you can, and don't forget the 16th!! I can't wait!

jrich4rpaul
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
BUMPER STICKERS. Buy em and hand em out.

I'm telling you, it's serious name recognition.

mavtek
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok so looks like the campaign is asking for a money bomb today, so what do we want to do?

KewlRonduderules
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Donate!!!

;)

amga49
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm gonna donate $17.76 as soon as I get back home this evening.

JerzieJennie
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Uggg... The campaign said donate, not start more last minute money bombs. We need to donate ASAP. Enough with the money bombs. Nothing last second will prove effective. Donate today, and then give what you can on the 16th. But enough with creating money bombs out of thin air. Too many people are coordinating too many different things, and they're all just going to get lost in the woodwork. Just listen to the campaign, guys.

Priority 1 = donate now, as they have asked
Priority 2 = Give what you can to the Tea Party

nullvalu
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Can't today but will donate $50 tomorrow. And another $100 on the 16th, as I planned.

Mani
11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Uggg... The campaign said donate, not start more last minute money bombs. We need to donate ASAP. Enough with the money bombs. Nothing last second will prove effective. Donate today, and then give what you can on the 16th. But enough with creating money bombs out of thin air. Too many people are coordinating too many different things, and they're all just going to get lost in the woodwork. Just listen to the campaign, guys.

Priority 1 = donate now, as they have asked
Priority 2 = Give what you can to the Tea Party

It's already started!!! The numbers are jumping upwards after days of stale movement.

kylejack
11-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Huckabee is money-bombing TODAY, FOR THE CHILDREN. Retaliate NOW!

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

Maria
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't want to totally stomp out our inital money bomb set for Dec. 16th so how about donating $50 today and $50 on the 16th? We can give them half today since they're saying they REALLY need it now...and at the same time not extinguish the efforts done for the Tea Party.

crhoades
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Chris Rhoades,
Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
T131590-102869680

kylejack
11-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't want to totally stomp out our inital money bomb set for Dec. 16th so how about donating $50 today and $50 on the 16th? We can give them half today since they're saying they REALLY need it now...and at the same time not extinguish the efforts done for the Tea Party.
Please fulfill the promise to donate $100 on 12/16 no matter what, so we know that we have an accurate bottom-line estimate. If you can afford a bit more sooner, definitely do so.

MRoCkEd
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
BOMBS AWAY
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_yesterday_vs_today_line.png

Maria
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I donated $25 today and will still donate as planned on the 16th.