PDA

View Full Version : Report from Florida polls

Matt Collins
10-29-2012, 03:51 AM
Someone I know works in the polls in Central Florida and they told me a few things as early voting started yesterday and today -

- Anecdotal, but it would seem like the majority of early voters are Democrats.

- The Democrats by and large tend to be cheerful and up. Republicans who come in seem to be very down and "grumpy"

- Record numbers of turn out thus far

- Droves of lawyers have been dispatched to oversee the election; many are "ambulance chasing" hoping to get a case of a disenfranchised voter

jbauer
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I am a grumpy Republican. I know Ron pulled from all areas but I would assume that a good chunk of us are disenfranchised Republicans? Isn't that why we're still here? Because we're pissed at the situation?

kathy88
10-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I am a grumpy Republican. I know Ron pulled from all areas but I would assume that a good chunk of us are disenfranchised Republicans? Isn't that why we're still here? Because we're pissed at the situation?

Not all are disenfranchised. Some are cheerleading republicans despite everything.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
- Anecdotal, but it would seem like the majority of early voters are Democrats.

Is this shocking? This is the case in every election. Democrats win the early voting and Republicans win the election day voting.

ronpaulfollower999
10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
My grandparents tried early voting Saturday. Said over a hundred people were waiting in line. Not to be collectivist (but I'm going to be), most were black (let's be honest, 2/3 of the time they are Dem).

I'm sure most Dems early vote.

I should also add that my county is 2/3 Dem.

MelissaWV
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
*shrugs* There was a line around the corner at the library this past weekend, so I did not early vote. They were nearly all older folks wearing Romney clothes or anti-Obama shirts. It depends on what area you are in.

opal
10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I mailed my absentee ballot today.. took pic of the write in area.. just haven't gotten around to getting it from the camera to the puter yet and yes.. damn.. it felt good

sparebulb
10-29-2012, 06:27 PM
For reference, I'm a self-admitted grumpy voter when I'm at the polls. However, I no longer consider myself a Republican.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-29-2012, 06:39 PM
For reference, I'm a self-admitted grumpy voter when I'm at the polls. However, I no longer consider myself a Republican.

Who wouldn't be grumpy standing in line, for God knows how long, to vote for one of the dynamic duo of Romney and Obama?