PDA

View Full Version : Virgil Goode Will Virgil Goode Cost Romney VA?

Matt Collins
10-29-2012, 03:46 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Virginia may be lost from Romney due to former Congressman Virgil Goode running on the Constitution Party ballot in Virginia.

Thoughts?

Anti-Neocon
10-29-2012, 04:05 AM
That would be very Goode if it happened :)

FrankRep
10-29-2012, 06:00 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Virginia may be lost from Romney due to former Congressman Virgil Goode running on the Constitution Party ballot in Virginia.

Thoughts?

What about Gary Johnson?

specsaregood
10-29-2012, 06:35 AM
What about Gary Johnson?

Who is that?

fisharmor
10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm from Virginia, and I saw some Gary Johnson posters on Saturday.... while I was driving around in Pennsylvania.
I think specs summed up VA's attitude toward Johnson nicely.

Goode is well known in VA. But a lot of Virginians are frightened - terrified - at the prospect of another Obama term.
There is quite a lot of rallying around Rmoney. But Goode is another variable here, definitely. So is Ron.

I can't see Rmoney winning here, even with all the rallying. There are simply too many detractors. I don't think BHO has as many variables working against him here...
We'll see in a week, of course (perhaps it'll take two).

sailingaway
10-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I think too much of the population of Virginia is really a suburb of DC and it skews the results to have your job dependent on government.
But Matt, there is a section for presidential 2012 with a tab for Virgil Goode.

Goode's supporters are better than some about coming in here and attacking people for voting for the guy the forum was named for, however, we can't just keep the organization for one.

staerker
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
My grandparents are friends with the guy. Go Virgil go!

nasaal
10-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Don't know anyone who even remembers him from when he was in Congress. I love seeing independent parties ruin the plans of the big parties. Don't think that's gonna happen with Goode though. I've got 12 people that are gonna cote Johnson in VA. Won't make much difference, but it is what it is.

Todd
10-29-2012, 11:02 AM
He'll get some votes here. But it won't be enough to cost Romney.....I think...

Todd
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
What is Goode polling in VA?

Matt Collins
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
He'll get some votes here. But it won't be enough to cost Romney.....I think...Barr cost McCain in North Carolina last time.

Todd
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Barr cost McCain in North Carolina last time.

True.

I guess we must figure in that Goode is from Virginia and may have more appeal locally. Although Barr wasn't from NC, so I think it might have something to do with the Libertarian party candidate has a bigger appeal than the Constitution party in NC in 08'.

Possibly both Johnson and Goode could siphon off 25 thousand votes?

Todd
10-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Lol.

They are so worried, the state GOP tried to get him on fraud to get him off the ballot. :rolleyes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/virgil-goode-will-stay-on-va-ballot-after-cuccinelli-finishes-probe/2012/09/21/6d3de50c-03fe-11e2-9b24-ff730c7f6312_blog.html

Cuccinelli found, according to a news release from his office, that “while there may have been certain irregularities, nothing he examined would prevent Goode from being certified for the Virginia ballot in the upcoming November presidential election.”

DeMintConservative
10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
It's absolutely irrelevant. If VA is close enough that Goode's tally is enough to bridge the Romney - Obama margin, then Romney would have already lost OH, WI, CO, IA, NH, NV and losing VA is immaterial.

erowe1
10-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Barr cost McCain in North Carolina last time.

And Indiana supposedly. Although I don't really know how many Barr voters would have voted for McCain without Barr being on the ballot. Certainly not all of them, and probably not most of them.