PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul Supporters Don't Like Mike Huckabee

ronpaulfan
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
This is the theme for our next Laptop Brigade (http://www.youtube.com/ronpaulreporter) video. Got good content for it?

crhoades
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39364

Because he's not a true conservative.

reduen
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
He use to be me number two guy but now I will not vote for him because he is openly endorsed by the Council on Foreign Relations.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/14335/mike_huckabees_speech_on_foreign_policy.html

It seems he will certainly push for a North American Union between the United States, Canada and Mexico..:(

EvilEngineer
11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
He use to be me number two guy but now I will not vote for him because he is openly endorsed by the Council on Foreign Relations.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/14335/mike_huckabees_speech_on_foreign_policy.html

It seems he will certainly push for a North American Union between the United States, Canada and Mexico..:(

Unfortunately, he is a known elietist suck up. So he is just waiting for his opportunity to be invited to the club.

francisco
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Huckabee deep down is a statist like all the other candidates (except Ron Paul). He does not have a focus on reducing the role of government or spending. There is a reason that his nickname in his home state is "TaxHikeMike". Without drastic spending cuts, his 'Fair Tax" will impose a crushing burden on the middle class.

He has a relaxed and witty speaking style but there is no substance behind the style. He is very Clintonesque in this regard; his driving philosophy is that he should be in charge. It is perhaps not surprising then to see parallel ethical shadows in his career--e.g. the furniture and wedding registry stories.

He has not addressed the issue of sound money.

He is an apologist for a face-saving approach to the Iraq war and embraces an interventionist foreign policy.

Unlike Ron Paul, he has a weak stance on illegal immigration and defending our borders.

reduen
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Huckabee deep down is a statist like all the other candidates (except Ron Paul). He does not have a focus on reducing the role of government or spending. There is a reason that his nickname in his home state is "TaxHikeMike". Without drastic spending cuts, his 'Fair Tax" will impose a crushing burden on the middle class.

He has a relaxed and witty speaking style but there is no substance behind the style. He is very Clintonesque in this regard; his driving philosophy is that he should be in charge. It is perhaps not surprising then to see parallel ethical shadows in his career--e.g. the furniture and wedding registry stories.

He has not addressed the issue of sound money.

He is an apologist for a face-saving approach to the Iraq war and embraces an interventionist foreign policy.

Unlike Ron Paul, he has a weak stance on illegal immigration and defending our borders.

Very well said Francisco, I agree with everything except the FairTax.

I am absolutely in love with this idea (Fair Tax) as opposed to the current system and the IRS. I actually wish that Dr. Paul would embrace the idea as sort of a move in the right direction. (I know he basically has but I wish he would be more open or vocal about this.) :)

literatim
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
The FairTax would be the single largest tax hike on the middle class in history.

me3
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
For a minute there, I thought this thread was titled,

Why Ron Paul Supporters Don't Like Mike Huckabee Threads

:D :D :D

TVMH
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Google Wayne Dumond.

reduen
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
The FairTax would be the single largest tax hike on the middle class in history.

I dissagree, how would this be the case? Care to chat for a minute or two?

Chester Copperpot
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM

I didnt know he was openly endorsed by the CFR.. BUt with the Sept debates it definitely appeared like he had gotten his invitation... YOu got any link on that?

ladyliberty
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Why Conservative Christians don't like Mike:

http://www.onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20054

(please do not use this link to troll that message board - there are some very nice people there)

Eric21ND
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
He's like a parrot copying Dr. Paul's platform...like we would fall for that Huckster...such a kidder.

Yeah I pretty much hate the guy.

And he proudly does not believe in Evolution. Yikes! Do we really need someone equally on par with Bush in their understanding of science?? :(

genrlfuzzywuzzy
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't see how Huckabee is any different then Rudy McRomney. I guess it must be that fairtax bullshit. I hate my local state sales tax as it is.

I haven't heard about the Fairtax for awhile now but as I remember the FairTax would have the ability to completely replace the IRS. That sounds like a pretty significant percentage would need to be implemented, and in theory wouldn't it be the same damn tax but in different form? You would end up paying the same but wouldn't have excessive paperwork I suppose. It seems to be punishing people for spending more money.

God damn Chuck Norris

reduen
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I didnt know he was openly endorsed by the CFR.. BUt with the Sept debates it definitely appeared like he had gotten his invitation... YOu got any link on that?

Only the one that I posted in my original post. I mean his speach is listed as an essential document on the CFR web.

reduen
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't see how Huckabee is any different then Rudy McRomney. I guess it must be that fairtax bullshit. I hate my local state sales tax as it is.

I haven't heard about the Fairtax for awhile now but as I remember the FairTax would have the ability to completely replace the IRS. That sounds like a pretty significant percentage would need to be implemented, and in theory wouldn't it be the same damn tax but in different form? You would end up paying the same but wouldn't have excessive paperwork I suppose. It seems to be punishing people for spending more money.

God damn Chuck Norris

There is already a 22% tax embeded in everything we buy. The Fair Tax is estimated at 23% to be revenue neutral and you would not be requried to pay it on the basic necessities of life. How is this bad for anyone?

Unlike the current system you would not be penalized for not paying taxes. If you do not want to pay the tax, then do not buy new products. It is totally voluntary.. :)

pcosmar
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
There is already a 22% tax embeded in everything we buy. The Fair Tax is estimated at 23% to be revenue neutral and you would not be requried to pay it on the basic necessities of life. How is this bad for anyone?

Unlike the current system you would not be penalized for not paying taxes. If you do not want to pay the tax, then do not buy new products. It is totally voluntary.. :)

Yeah, stuff like food. fuel, clothes and public utilities.

reduen
11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, stuff like food. fuel, clothes and public utilities.

Sorry, I do not follow what you are saying here. Please elaborate...