PDA

View Full Version : Tom Woods: Was JFK Assassinated Because He Opposed the Fed?

FrankRep
10-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Answer: NO!

Was JFK Assassinated Because He Opposed the Fed? (http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/was-jfk-assassinated-because-he-opposed-the-fed/)

Tom Woods
Oct 25. 2012

I run into this claim quite a lot. A lot of the people advancing it are fans of G. Edward Griffin, and this is why I find it so odd that this theory has gained so much traction. Griffin discounts the theory in his excellent book The Creature from Jekyll Island (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/091298645X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=091298645X&linkCode=as2&tag=libert0f-20). More on that in a minute.

There seems to be a desire among some end-the-Fed people to believe that we’ve had a few good presidents who have tried to stand up for the people but were tragically stopped by the bankers. Thus we hear this fake quotation, attributed to Woodrow Wilson, quite a bit: “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.”

The first two sentences of this quotation are entirely fabricated. The rest come from a book Wilson published in 1913, before the Fed was even created. Yet the quotation is routinely given as evidence that Wilson regretted creating the Fed. He didn’t. He was proud of it.

Then there’s this Jefferson quotation that a lot of Greenbackers use: “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.”

Now look, there are plenty of anti-national bank quotations one can find from American statesmen, so why use a fake one? I suspect the answer is that this fake quotation goes after the “private banks,” which Greenbackers oppose. So now Jefferson is made to look like someone who wants the government, not the “private banks,” issuing the paper money. But Jefferson was a hard-money man to the end, calling for the retirement of all paper money and its replacement with specie, and writing the introduction to the English translation of Destutt de Tracy’s hard-money treatise.

Now back to JFK. The idea that a scion of the Eastern establishment would take aim at the Federal Reserve is preposterous, but people want to believe it. I wish they would instead understand that there were no great presidents who were snookered by the bankers, etc. They’re all part of the same racket.

Here’s G. Edward Griffin on JFK (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=jfkmyth), who was not doing anything to undermine the Fed. Kennedy was quite pleased about the expansionary Fed policy of the 1960s. as a matter of fact.

SOURCE:
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/was-jfk-assassinated-because-he-opposed-the-fed/

Related News:

THE JFK MYTH
Was he assassinated because he opposed the Fed?
G. Edward Griffin
2006 December 13
http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=jfkmyth

Feeding the Abscess
10-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Tom's on an education crusade, and it's going to separate the freedom lovers from the pretenders.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Tom's on an education crusade, and it's going to separate the freedom lovers from the pretenders.

Oh, come on. We don't need a purity test. We need people's votes.

What is divisive is to act like if someone doesn't agree with whomever on every single little thing, they somehow don't want freedom. Come on, you know that.

Feeding the Abscess
10-27-2012, 09:52 AM

What is divisive is to act like if someone doesn't agree with whomever on every single little thing, they somehow don't want freedom. Come on, you know that.

But if people are voting for Ron Paul because they want the Treasury/US government to print money, you can see where that would end badly.

Woods is completely correct in saying that wanting the Treasury/US government to print money is not freedom, and is showing what actually is the correct path for monetary purposes.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 10:12 AM
But if people are voting for Ron Paul because they want the Treasury/US government to print money, you can see where that would end badly.

Woods is completely correct in saying that wanting the Treasury/US government to print money is not freedom, and is showing what actually is the correct path for monetary purposes.

Yah, I agree.

AuH20
10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
The whole Kennedy "end the fed" rumor was always a gigantic myth.

Seraphim
10-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Votes are superficial and meaningless unless there is understanding and resolve backing them.

Much like the Federal Reserve Note, superficial votes result in nothing less than FIAT policy.

I've, on numerous occasions, seen you argue that the US Constitution is not a Statist document that enables State expansion (I agree); rather, that it is lazy and intellectual incompetence by "the people" that ALLOWs the government to overstep its boundaries (I agree).

If this is true (and I agree), then garnering superficial votes is, in the end, nothing but more FIAT.

In order for the votes to garner long lasting, pillared strength, the voters MUST understand what it is they are voting for. Ultimately, self responsibility and self direction. Representatives, NOT leaders.

juleswin
10-27-2012, 11:01 AM

Its about setting the record straight and if in that process some people get butt hurt and leave the movement, then so be it.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Votes are superficial and meaningless unless there is understanding and resolve backing them.

Meaningless? That is how people get elected; even OUR people. I'd say that was pretty damn meaningful.

I would much rather people have read an encyclopedia of books that I'd like for them to read and to pass a test, but that doesn't mean that I still won't take their simple vote. Because I damn sure will.

Look, Seraphim, our people will not get elected unless people vote for them. I don't need them all to agree with us on every single thing. Hell, very few on this forum even agree on everything. So, while I will do what I can to educate people and know this is very important, my immediate goal is to get their votes.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Its about setting the record straight and if in that process some people get butt hurt and leave the movement, then so be it.

My comment had nothing to do with "the movement".

Note: By the way, if you'd take the time to check, you would know that I am one of the few who have been telling people this truth about JFK for years on this forum.

angelatc
10-27-2012, 11:42 AM

But there are people who will now claim that Woods is part of the conspiracy.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
But there are people who will now claim that Woods is part of the conspiracy.

I suppose. Anything is possible around here. lol

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Meaningless? That (votes) is how people get elected; even OUR people.

Fraud, corporatism, and favors are how people get elected. Just not our people.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Fraud, corporatism, and favors are how people get elected. Just not our people.

That's not the sum total. If it was, how did Amash ever get elected? How about Ron Paul, what was it, 12 times? Rand, Massie, and hopefully, Hightower?

Zippyjuan
10-27-2012, 11:58 AM
There is absolutely no evidence that JFK ever even considered ending the Federal Reserve.

Shane Harris
10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
yikes I was fooled by this myth. on this forum too :/ glad I know better now

AuH20
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
yikes I was fooled by this myth. on this forum too :/ glad I know better now

Just the like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion it is a widely propagated myth.

Shane Harris
10-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Is the Operation Northwoods stuff true or is that a myth as well?

Bossobass
10-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Sorry Tom, et al, but I have to call bullshit.

The Kennedy's were outsiders. The old man was the youngest bank president in history, made a fortune in the stock market bubble, got out at the peak and ran booze from his contacts in Ireland.

Then he did something unthinkable, he shoehorned his son into the white house when the preordained Richard Nixon was expected to take over from DDE.

JFK grew up with the stories of his parents being shunned by, their hypocrisy and dirty dealings of the elite banksters, with whom the old man was intimately familiar.

After being suckered in the BOP fiasco, JFK went after the CIA, firing its head man and vowing to "splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the wind".

When the steel workers struck, JFK, whose top priority was the economy, quickly intervened and brokered a settlement. Soon after, the top steel producers raised their prices by the same amount at the same time. JFK contacted the CEOs of those companies and basically said "You played me. You think you can get away with that? Nice try." He used the Defense Dept, the Justice Dept and a televised press conference immediately after which, one-by-one they retracted the price increases.

When the USSR nukes were discovered in Cuba, JFK stood down Kruschev and came to a peaceful end, all the while with the Pentagon hawks screaming "Attack!", which partially included removing missiles from Turkey as a gesture for Kruschev to save face. The antiquated Jupiter missiles were outdated and due to be decommissioned anyway, but the US military was none the less pissed to it's core.

JFK and RFK saw the TFX fighter contract, then then largest single military procurement contract in US history during peacetime, for what it was... a rigged game with the winner already picked. Since the TFX fighter was a done deal before he became elected, JFK/RFK not only intervened, they actually set up a war room in the Pentagon itself with a map of the US broken into districts according to votes in the election against Nixon. They then pushed for the defense contractor (which happened not to be the pre-picked winner) with operations in those districts where he lost to Nixon or it was closest... right in their faces.

JFK said "In the final analysis, it's their (South Vietnam's) war to win or lose..." and had planned to have all US military personnel out of VN by the next election.

Now, if there is anyone here who thinks all of that had nothing to do with the Fed, I think a bit of history refreshment is in order. The Steel monopoly, Military Industrial Complex monopoly and it's thug-enforcement arm the CIA and the Pentagon ARE the Fed. No POTUS did more in 1,000 days to let them know where he stood and that he not only couldn't be bought, he wasn't afraid to meet them head on with every issue they had on the table.

They knew he would win in a landslide with the experience, no pressure to be re-elected and huge majority public sentiment with his brother waiting in the wings for 8 years after that.

Didn't we all just see first hand what 'they' do to an outsider who is diametrically opposed to their plans? So, who is 'they'?

GeorgiaAvenger
10-27-2012, 01:03 PM
I was once drifting towards the ideas of Bill Still, but I snapped back pretty quickly thankfully. I've realized that they are mouthpieces for Chartalism, or what is now called Modern Monetary Theory.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 01:12 PM
They knew he would win in a landslide with the experience, no pressure to be re-elected and huge majority public sentiment with his brother waiting in the wings for 8 years after that.

Bosso, I was a kid back then, but from what I remember, he wasn't even very popular before he was assassinated. Wrongly or rightly, a lot of people hated him for the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis and the treaty he proposed to the UN to disarm the United States.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Is the Operation Northwoods stuff true or is that a myth as well?

No, that's true. The document proving that was actually one of the ones released by the government.

Seraphim
10-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Agreeing on everything was not my point - that's impossible.

I said UNDERSTANDING is important. Understanding WHY you are voting for a person.

I promise you, if a liberty candidate is elected in 2016, if the reasons WHY are not known by most of the voters, it will be an EPIC failure. When the inevitable sacrifices become reality, they will turn on your candidate and push the intellectual revolution back for decades.

If they understand that the principals and opportunity of freedom are NOT easy, when times get tough, they will plug along rather than throw the DU JOUR politician out and blame everything on "Free markets".

Short of this, they will simply turn on all of the wrong sources and the reversion back to slick speaking, promise you anything politicians, will occur quickly and all the work done by the grassroots will be all for naught.

It is a marathon.

Meaningless? That is how people get elected; even OUR people. I'd say that was pretty damn meaningful.

I would much rather people have read an encyclopedia of books that I'd like for them to read and to pass a test, but that doesn't mean that I still won't take their simple vote. Because I damn sure will.

Look, Seraphim, our people will not get elected unless people vote for them. I don't need them all to agree with us on every single thing. Hell, very few on this forum even agree on everything. So, while I will do what I can to educate people and know this is very important, my immediate goal is to get their votes.

CaptainAmerica
10-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Then why was Rockefeller the head of the investigation that led to no answers? If you don't believe me that Rockefeller was in charge of the JFK assassination investigations, it was in TIME magazine in 2008 or 2009 and said that Rockefeller headed the investigations and was the one who closed the investigations.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Agreeing on everything was not my point - that's impossible.

I said UNDERSTANDING is important. Understanding WHY you are voting for a person.

I promise you, if a liberty candidate is elected in 2016, if the reasons WHY are not known by most of the voters, it will be an EPIC failure. When the inevitable sacrifices become reality, they will turn on your candidate and push the intellectual revolution back for decades.

If they understand that the principals and opportunity of freedom are NOT easy, when times get tough, they will plug along rather than throw the DU JOUR politician out and blame everything on "Free markets".

Short of this, they will simply turn on all of the wrong sources and the reversion back to slick speaking, promise you anything politicians, will occur quickly and all the work done by the grassroots will be all for naught.

It is a marathon.

I think we are splitting hairs here. If you want to spend 80 percent of your time educating, go for it. I am going to lead with trying to help our liberty candidates get elected, and in the process, educate all I can. Very few people can you just throw the kitchen sink at and them not run away as fast as they can. I would rather hook them on something we can agree on and chip away at the other. It is what I have found works best, for me.

Seraphim
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM
We all have our purpose and destiny to fulfill.

I think we are splitting hairs here. If you want to spend 80 percent of your time educating, go for it. I am going to lead with trying to help our liberty candidates get elected, and in the process, educate all I can. Very few people can you just throw the kitchen sink at and them not run away as fast as they can. I would rather hook them on something we can agree on and chip away at the other. It is what I have found works best, for me.

Zippyjuan
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
No, that's true. The document proving that was actually one of the ones released by the government.

but it has been exagerated. They considered blowing up either an unmanned plane or ship and blaming it on Cuba.

Is it "real" if the event never happened because the suggestion was rejected? The government gets and makes a lot of nutty suggestions which never occur.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2012, 02:28 PM
but it has been exagerated. They considered blowing up either an unmanned plane or ship and blaming it on Cuba.

Is it "real" if the event never happened because the suggestion was rejected? The government gets and makes a lot of nutty suggestions which never occur.

What is real is that someone that high up even considered something so heinous. That is bad enough.

AuH20
10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Bosso, I was a kid back then, but from what I remember, he wasn't even very popular before he was assassinated. Wrongly or rightly, a lot of people hated him for the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis and the treaty he proposed to the UN to disarm the United States.

Plus, utilizing the mob for his electoral success and then pulling an eventual 180, by sending Bobby after them with the RICO act. The Kennedy clan were corrupt in their own way, just like the elites. And they most likely killed Marilyn Monroe as well.

S.Shorland
10-27-2012, 02:36 PM
'Ask not what your country can do for you.Ask what you can do for your country' That is the statist's creed right there right from Kennedy's mouth.

green73
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I admire Kennedy for his push for peace. Unfortunately it's what got him killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRykTpw1RQ

Bossobass
10-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Lib,

I was a kid back then as well.

It was the first of a serial of traumatic and devastating actions taken by the mysterious "they" during my growing up in America, culminating with the Draft Board Notice of my One A status to be next in line to be sent to the Meat Grinder in 'Nam.

There has been so much bullshit heaped on John Kennedy by the powers that be it still astounds me how successful that campaign has been to this day.

From Gallup:

President, Dates in office, Average approval rating %

Harry Truman
April 1945-January 1953

Dwight Eisenhower
January 1953-January 1961

John Kennedy
January 1961-November 1963

Lyndon Johnson
November 1963-January 1969

Richard Nixon
January 1969-August 1974

Gerald Ford
August 1974-January 1977

Jimmy Carter
January 1977-January 1981

Ronald Reagan
January 1981-January 1989

George H.W. Bush
January 1989-January 1993

Bill Clinton
January 1993-January 2001

George W. Bush
January 2001-January 2009

Re: US disarmament:

President Kennedy ordered substantial increases in American intercontinental ballistic missile forces, added five new army divisions, and increased the nation's air power and military reserves.

Regarding his (and Jackie's) popularity worldwide, 1/2 a million in Berlin attended his speech.

He turned the lagging economy around and saw 5% GDP growth, 1% inflation, drop in unemployment, 15% increase in industrial output and 40% increase in car sales. Johnson pushed through JFK's proposed tax decreases and the economic growth continued until 1966 until of course LBJ started welfare/warfare, etc.

I was just a kid, but I was a perceptive kid who loved to sit in the corner and listen when adults sat around shootin' the breeze. I didn't know or know of anyone who didn't like Jack and Jackie or their lot in life.

In stark contrast since, the Presidencies of his successors have been a cesspool of disgrace, scandal, resignation, illegal foreign policy chaos, massive inflation, deep recessions, S&L bailouts, Bank bailouts, etc., etc.

Just my opinion, having lived through all of the presidencies listed above.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:04 PM
If you don't believe me ...it was in TIME magazine.

I don't have the slightest clue of whether what you said is true or false. But this bit here was inserted solely for humor, right?

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't have the slightest clue ...

That I believe for sure. You could do your own homework and learn for yourself.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:13 PM
That I believe for sure. You could do your own homework and learn for yourself.

A big TIME Magazine fan, are you?

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
A big TIME Magazine fan, are you?

No, I am a researcher. I do my homework.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
No, I am a researcher. I do my homework.

So people who don't see TIME magazine as an authoritative source aren't researchers?

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
So people who don't see TIME magazine as an authoritative source aren't researchers?
Actually, researchers do their own homework. They do not rely on any one source of information.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Actually, researchers do their own homework. They do not rely on any one source of information.

Wasn't the quote I was replying to saying to rely on one source of information?

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Wasn't the quote I was replying to saying to rely on one source of information?

Does that make it true? Or false?

Peace&Freedom
10-27-2012, 06:28 PM

The point is that the document was signed off of by everyone up through the Joint Chiefs, and was struck down ONLY at the McNamara/Kennedy level, or last link of the chain. And who knows how many other false flag ops were considered and documented, then CARRIED OUT, in classified plans not released to the public?

The only reason we even have Northwoods available to us is: 1) James Bamford asked for the release of early '60's defense docs in a broad FOIA request, to provide background for one of his books, not even knowing the document would be among the reports that got released. 2) JFK changed the chain through which certain sensitive planned ops would gain approval, from the CIA (aka, the black hole that never releases the good stuff) to the DoD, improving the possibility for the document to actually get declassified eventually.

It's quite probable an awful lot of false flag black ops have been performed over the decades, but since the approval process got switched back to within the intelligence agency black hole after JFK, the paper trail will likely never see the light of day.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Does that make it true? Or false?

No. It just makes it funny, which is all I said about it. I really couldn't care less if it was true or false. I just got a kick out of that line.

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:31 PM
No. It just makes it funny, which is all I said about it. I really couldn't care less if it was true or false. I just got a kick out of that line.

So are you interested in the truth? Or not?

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:33 PM
So are you interested in the truth? Or not?

Some truth. Certainly not all.

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Some truth. Certainly not all.

Typical.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
CA: There are 3,405,812,542 rocks in the Grand Canyon. If you don't believe that, well it was even in TIME magazine.
Me: Haha. That right there is funny.
Trav: Do your own homework, idiot.
Me: There are things I'd rather spend my time learning than the number of rocks in the Grand Canyon.
Trav: Typical.

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:39 PM
CA: There are 3,405,812,542 rocks in the Grand Canyon. If you don't believe that, well it was even in TIME magazine.
Me: Haha. That right there is funny.
Trav: Do your own homework, idiot.
Me: There are things I'd rather spend my time learning than the number of rocks in the Grand Canyon.
Trav: Typical.
A totally stupid response. I never made any of those claims and I never would.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
A totally stupid response. I never made any of those claims and I never would.

What? Aren't you interested in knowing all truth?

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 06:45 PM
What? Aren't you interested in knowing all truth?

Well I certainly am not interested in lies.

Peace&Freedom
10-27-2012, 06:52 PM

The Kennedy's were outsiders. The old man was the youngest bank president in history, made a fortune in the stock market bubble, got out at the peak and ran booze from his contacts in Ireland.

Then he did something unthinkable, he shoehorned his son into the white house when the preordained Richard Nixon was expected to take over from DDE.

JFK grew up with the stories of his parents being shunned by, their hypocrisy and dirty dealings of the elite banksters, with whom the old man was intimately familiar.

After being suckered in the BOP fiasco, JFK went after the CIA, firing its head man and vowing to "splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the wind".

When the steel workers struck, JFK, whose top priority was the economy, quickly intervened and brokered a settlement. Soon after, the top steel producers raised their prices by the same amount at the same time. JFK contacted the CEOs of those companies and basically said "You played me. You think you can get away with that? Nice try." He used the Defense Dept, the Justice Dept and a televised press conference immediately after which, one-by-one they retracted the price increases.

When the USSR nukes were discovered in Cuba, JFK stood down Kruschev and came to a peaceful end, all the while with the Pentagon hawks screaming "Attack!", which partially included removing missiles from Turkey as a gesture for Kruschev to save face. The antiquated Jupiter missiles were outdated and due to be decommissioned anyway, but the US military was none the less pissed to it's core.

JFK and RFK saw the TFX fighter contract, then then largest single military procurement contract in US history during peacetime, for what it was... a rigged game with the winner already picked. Since the TFX fighter was a done deal before he became elected, JFK/RFK not only intervened, they actually set up a war room in the Pentagon itself with a map of the US broken into districts according to votes in the election against Nixon. They then pushed for the defense contractor (which happened not to be the pre-picked winner) with operations in those districts where he lost to Nixon or it was closest... right in their faces.

JFK said "In the final analysis, it's their (South Vietnam's) war to win or lose..." and had planned to have all US military personnel out of VN by the next election.

Now, if there is anyone here who thinks all of that had nothing to do with the Fed, I think a bit of history refreshment is in order. The Steel monopoly, Military Industrial Complex monopoly and it's thug-enforcement arm the CIA and the Pentagon ARE the Fed. No POTUS did more in 1,000 days to let them know where he stood and that he not only couldn't be bought, he wasn't afraid to meet them head on with every issue they had on the table.

Didn't we all just see first hand what 'they' do to an outsider who is diametrically opposed to their plans? So, who is 'they'?

Thank goodness SOMEBODY gets it. The point was never whether JFK wanted to end the banksters, or intended to end its monopoly on legalized monopoly money. The point is the core facts of the matter: 1) JFK signed an EO authorizing the issue of US Notes, and 2) JFK is dead a few months later. 3) No other president since, even accidentally or for any other reason, has ever issued US Notes again, even though the EO is still in force.

As in Lincoln's time, as in JFK's time, somebody was made an example of for crossing the banksters or cutting them out of their interest, regardless of whether the White House occupant was opposed to the Fed or not. JFK's non-opposition to the Fed doesn't rebut the conclusion that they are implicated in his death, it reinforces it, as it shows their intent to protect their monopoly over fiat money creation, regardless of what prompted a challenge to it.

With regards to the fact that US Notes and Federal Reserve Notes are equally not hard money, it needs to be pointed out that since US Notes would not carry an interest charge, they would not have directly and immediately exploded the federal debt to the extent that Fed notes have in recent decades, so the issuance of US Notes would have at least served as harm reduction while we transitioned back to hard money and honest weights and measures to back the currency.

PatriotOne
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Then why was Rockefeller the head of the investigation that led to no answers? If you don't believe me that Rockefeller was in charge of the JFK assassination investigations, it was in TIME magazine in 2008 or 2009 and said that Rockefeller headed the investigations and was the one who closed the investigations.

Just backing you up for those who don't find Time magazine compelling....lol. Rockefeller headed up the MK Ultra investigations also. Another "program" he was and is heavily involved in.

Rockefeller Commission

The U.S. President's Commission on CIA activities within the United States was set up under President Gerald Ford in 1975 to investigate the activities of the CIA within the United States. The commission was led by Vice President Nelson Rockefeller, and is sometimes referred to as the Rockefeller Commission.

Part of the commission's work dealt with the Kennedy assassination, specifically the head snap as seen in the Zapruder film (first shown to the general public in 1975), and the possible presence of E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis in Dallas.[123] The commission concluded that neither Hunt nor Sturgis were in Dallas at the time of the assassination.[124]

LibForestPaul
10-27-2012, 07:16 PM

An the banksters reply was quite violent yet very effective, two dead Kennedys, unfortunately.

Travlyr
10-27-2012, 07:24 PM
An the banksters reply was quite violent yet very effective, two dead Kennedys, unfortunately.

Two dead Kennedys and the third one, a Senator from Massachusetts, got away with murder because he was not a "sell out" to the establishment... RIP -- Mary Jo Kopechne

Peace&Freedom
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
As for the Jefferson 'false quote' on preferring that the nation have the issuing power and not the banks, although the first part of the quote has no source, the rest are direct paraphrases of documented comments Jefferson DID say, and did believe. The major is, this was Jefferson's view, the minors are the exact phrasing:

"The second part of the quotation ("I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies...") may well be a paraphrase of a statement Jefferson made in a letter to John Taylor in 1816. He wrote, "And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."[4]

The third part of this quotation ("The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs") may be a misquotation of Jefferson's comment to John Wayles Eppes, "Bank-paper must be suppressed, and the circulating medium must be restored to the nation to whom it belongs." [5]"

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/private-banks-quotation

Feeding the Abscess
10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/124457.html

Just because a guy dies with suspect circumstances, it doesn't make him anti-establishment or some sort of hero. I couldn't believe that some dopes here were connecting Andrew freaking Breitbart and liberty when the fat slob died earlier in the year.

CaptainAmerica
10-28-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't have the slightest clue of whether what you said is true or false. But this bit here was inserted solely for humor, right?

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Rockefeller_Commission

Following his graduation, he worked in a number of family-related businesses, including Chase National bank (later Chase Manhattan), 1931; Rockefeller Center, Inc., joining the Board of Directors in 1931, serving as President, 1938–1945 and 1948–1951, and as Chairman, 1945–1953 and 1956–1958; and Creole Petroleum, the Venezuelan subsidiary of Standard Oil of New Jersey, 1935-1940. From 1932 to 1979 he served as a trustee of the Museum of Modern Art. He also served as Treasurer, 1935–1939, and President, 1939–1941 and 1946-1953. He and his four brothers established the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, a philanthropy, in 1940. He served as trustee, 1940–1975 and 1977–1979, and as president in 1956.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rockefeller
http://www.robinsonlibrary.com/america/unitedstates/20th/biography/rockefeller.htm

You can find numerous citations for Nelson Rockefeller being who I say he was,and he was in charge of the "Rockefeller Commission" which led the investigations of JFK's assassination.