PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson A vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama

anamandy
10-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I am a loyal Ron Paul supporter. But Ron didn't get the nomination. I love Johnson too, but let's be real, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. I just finished reading the book The Communist about Frank Marshall Davis - Obama's mentor. Frank Marshall Davis was a hard-line Communist with a Capital C. Obama referred to 'Frank' (no last name used because Obama knew better) in his books Dreams of My Father, over 2 dozen times - more than he referred to his own father, who the book was supposed to be about. Reading the writings of Frank Marshall Davis is like listening to an Obama speech. The hair literally raised on the back of my neck. My point of this posting is that this country is in the gravest danger it has ever been since this country's inception - even graver than during WWII. At least during WWII the enemy, Hitler, was still contained in Europe. That is no longer the case. The enemy is amongst us right now. I am not a supporter of Mitt Romney, but at least I know that this country will survive another 4 or 8 years until Rand decides to run. If Obama is elected we can forget about that since this country will turn into something none of us will be able to recognize; where civil liberties will be abolished, where gun rights will disappear, where collectivism will arrogate individualism, where nothing is sacred except the objectives of the state. In other words, everything antithetical to our beliefs.
I don't believe in telling anyone how to vote. But what I am asking is that you think carefully about the consequences of your vote. I know I don't want to have to whisper to my children or grandchildren one day about what it was once like to be free. I would hate to think any of my fellow Ron Paul supporters would one day regret their actions either. Please think before you vote.

Feeding the Abscess
10-26-2012, 09:28 PM
We're losing our freedom, so we must vote for Mitt Romney to save our freedoms.

Yeah, you aren't a Ron Paul supporter, or if you are, you're a soft supporter.

You also must not remember the Bush years very well.

cajuncocoa
10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Of course you're not a supporter of Mitt Romney...why would anyone think that? :rolleyes:

CaseyJones
10-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Nevada: Gary Johnson pulling more votes from Obama than Romney in tight race

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392365-Nevada-Gary-Johnson-pulling-more-votes-from-Obama-than-Romney-in-tight-race

acptulsa
10-26-2012, 09:37 PM
I am a loyal Ron Paul supporter....

Yet you don't consider it a warning sign (or even ironic) that Romney took the voice of We, the People out of the convention of the Republican Party? Or that Ron Paul did not endorse Romney? And you did not notice that, four years ago, Ron Paul endorsed the independent/third party candidate of your choice?

I am not a supporter of Mitt Romney, but at least I know that this country will survive another 4 or 8 years until Rand decides to run. If Obama is elected we can forget about that since this country will turn into something none of us will be able to recognize; where civil liberties will be abolished, where gun rights will disappear, where collectivism will arrogate individualism, where nothing is sacred except the objectives of the state. In other words, everything antithetical to our beliefs.

Or, to put it still another way, Massachusetts. As in, Romney's Massachusetts.

I don't believe in telling anyone how to vote.

Why not? Is it any worse than coming onto a forum and telling someone who spent 2008 telling Democrats that their messiah was nothing they thought he was, and many things they thought he wasn't (and turning out to be right) an Obama supporter?

But what I am asking is that you think carefully about the consequences of your vote. I know I don't want to have to whisper to my children or grandchildren one day about what it was once like to be free. I would hate to think any of my fellow Ron Paul supporters would one day regret their actions either. Please think before you vote.

Oh, we have. We have. Reading your post makes it plainly obvious that we've considered it more deeply, and from many more angles, and with much more reliable information, than you have. And if you had looked around here before you began arrogantly preaching the Limaugh Line to us, you would know this.

Now, at the risk of being repetitious, let me try again and let's see if you can get it yet. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. It's very simple how it works. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. It couldn't be more clear.

If you wanted Obama out, where were you during the primaries when we were selling genuine, Ron Paul conservatism to independent voters and, yes, even liberals who were disgusted with Obama? Because if you had helped us put the Ron Paul nomination over, he would be killing Obama right now. Destroying him. As it is, we do not have the numbers to put him in office. You people and us together are not enough. Given the choice between a lying liberal and an honest and genuine conservative, the conservative would have won going away. Given a choice between a liberal who claims not to be a warmonger but is one, and a liberal who claims to be conservative and makes no bones about being a warmonger, people will go for the former every time.

While we were trying to save this nation, you weren't. And now you're just crying over spilled milk.

anamandy
10-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Where the hell was I? Carrying a sign in support of Ron Paul in the main artery of my town during the primaries. I've been a supporter of Paul since he first declared his intention to run for president. Sorry to say that your premise that a vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson is meaningless since Johnson doesn't have a chance and this election is too critical to the future of our country to waste on a vote that's not going to put a halt to the madness. Romney is far from a perfect candidate but compared to Obama he's a lifesaver.

anamandy
10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I hope you are right. I suspect a lot of Ron Paul supporters know the stakes involved and will do the right thing to stop Obama.

PursuePeace
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I hope you are right. I suspect a lot of Ron Paul supporters know the stakes involved and will do the right thing to stop Obama.

*chuckle*

torchbearer
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
*giggles*

fr33
10-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Mitt Romney represents at least 4 but possibly 8 more years of Obama's policies. I fear a Romney presidency more than I do 4 more years of Obama.

Root
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww250/jh2up/219c2gi.gif

mczerone
10-27-2012, 12:26 AM

The right thing to stop Obama is the same as the right thing to stop Romney. It's to stop paying allegiance to the Federal behemoth that Obama and Romney would run in just about the same manner. They both agree on the biggest issues, like wars and personal freedoms and selling our money and our futures to the big international bankers.

The next biggest difference that people bring up is SCOTUS appointments - but again the possible range of the appointees is too small on important issues. Romney's not going to appoint a judge like Napolitano, he's going to appoint a centrist that will continue the blind eye to the unconstitutional acts of Congress.

If you're scared of Obama, you should be nearly equally scared of Romney.

acptulsa
10-27-2012, 08:42 AM
If you're scared of Obama, you should be nearly equally scared of Romney.

This.

If you knew anything about this nation, its size and its people, you'd realize it can't be destroyed in four years.

If you want to get it on the right track, you'd be breaking out of this duo-monopoly called the Demopublican Party, not trying to prop it up with the same old lesser evil scaremongering.

If you had really studied Ron Paul, you'd already understand this.

If you want to influence people who have done their homework, you should really do a little homework yourself.

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2012, 09:18 AM
The best thing that could possibly happen is for the Libertarian Party (or any 3rd party) to get 5% of the vote this time around. At least that's my thoughts on it.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't understand. Why not say, "A vote for Johnson is a vote for Romney."?

After all, if I vote for Johnson, that means I'm not voting for Obama, and that helps Romney win.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I am a loyal Ron Paul supporter.

No you aren't. Otherwise your entire history at this website wouldn't be limited to posts made within two weeks of the 2012 general election begging Paul supporters to vote for Romney.

You also wouldn't think that the enemy in WWII was confined to Europe. You would know that our real enemy was the regime in DC then every bit as much as it is now, and will continue to be if Romney wins.

Dr.3D
10-27-2012, 10:00 AM
People need to stop thinking this is a two party system. This is a one party system with two names, and both names get you what you have always gotten. Stop voting for the one party system.

Czolgosz
10-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Paul supporters see the stupidity in voting Republican turds, cycle after cycle.

You're no Paul supporter.

Neg rep'd.

Now, get off my lawn.

erowe1
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Now, get off my lawn.

+1 on the neg rep. But they should stick around.

Anyone who thinks our real enemy in WWII was someone in Europe has some learning to do.

CaptLouAlbano
10-27-2012, 10:11 AM
The best thing that could possibly happen is for the Libertarian Party (or any 3rd party) to get 5% of the vote this time around. At least that's my thoughts on it.

As I see it, that would be the worst thing that could happen, as it would severely damage the effectiveness of the Liberty Movement. Here's why.

Any political movement's greatest asset is in its activists. Activists are a rare breed. Not many people out there are willing to volunteer their time and sacrifice their money to further a political cause. If you folks are like me, I have gotten many fundraising calls, letters and emails over the course of this election, but in addition to those requests there are numerous requests for people to volunteer their time. Just think back to the Ron Paul campaign this year, and how they would frequently ask for people to assist with their phone from home project.

So what happens if the LP gets 5%? It strengthens their sales pitch to potential activists. Their pitch will be "look at us, we got 5%, send us more money and we can do better next time". But as history has shown us, the LP cannot do better. They do not have the ability to elect a candidate to even a state legislature position on their own party's merit (the last candidate to win a state legislature election solely on the LP ballot was Andre Marrou in the early 80's). A good showing by the LP will give them a better ability to dupe people out of their hard earned money and valuable time. And that is not a good thing for the Liberty Movement.

What we need more than anything else is for activists to be engaged within the GOP. This has been the long term plan for conservatives and libertarians for decades. It was the theme of Ron Paul's rally prior to the RNC, and we have seen success in this effort already this year with the victories that have been achieved. Any political activist that drinks the LP Kool Aid is an activist who is being taken away from the successful effort and is being sidetracked to a pointless effort.

If the LP "wins", the Liberty Movement loses.

Sola_Fide
10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
I am a loyal Ron Paul supporter. But Ron didn't get the nomination. I love Johnson too, but let's be real, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. I just finished reading the book The Communist about Frank Marshall Davis - Obama's mentor. Frank Marshall Davis was a hard-line Communist with a Capital C. Obama referred to 'Frank' (no last name used because Obama knew better) in his books Dreams of My Father, over 2 dozen times - more than he referred to his own father, who the book was supposed to be about. Reading the writings of Frank Marshall Davis is like listening to an Obama speech. The hair literally raised on the back of my neck. My point of this posting is that this country is in the gravest danger it has ever been since this country's inception - even graver than during WWII. At least during WWII the enemy, Hitler, was still contained in Europe. That is no longer the case. The enemy is amongst us right now. I am not a supporter of Mitt Romney, but at least I know that this country will survive another 4 or 8 years until Rand decides to run. If Obama is elected we can forget about that since this country will turn into something none of us will be able to recognize; where civil liberties will be abolished, where gun rights will disappear, where collectivism will arrogate individualism, where nothing is sacred except the objectives of the state. In other words, everything antithetical to our beliefs.
I don't believe in telling anyone how to vote. But what I am asking is that you think carefully about the consequences of your vote. I know I don't want to have to whisper to my children or grandchildren one day about what it was once like to be free. I would hate to think any of my fellow Ron Paul supporters would one day regret their actions either. Please think before you vote.

Let's put the establishment Republican regime in Washington back in there so that they can make us feel good with small-government words while they take our liberties, start wars, and drown us in debt!

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2012, 10:19 AM
As I see it, that would be the worst thing that could happen, as it would severely damage the effectiveness of the Liberty Movement. Here's why.

Any political movement's greatest asset is in its activists. Activists are a rare breed. Not many people out there are willing to volunteer their time and sacrifice their money to further a political cause. If you folks are like me, I have gotten many fundraising calls, letters and emails over the course of this election, but in addition to those requests there are numerous requests for people to volunteer their time. Just think back to the Ron Paul campaign this year, and how they would frequently ask for people to assist with their phone from home project.

So what happens if the LP gets 5%? It strengthens their sales pitch to potential activists. Their pitch will be "look at us, we got 5%, send us more money and we can do better next time". But as history has shown us, the LP cannot do better. They do not have the ability to elect a candidate to even a state legislature position on their own party's merit (the last candidate to win a state legislature election solely on the LP ballot was Andre Marrou in the early 80's). A good showing by the LP will give them a better ability to dupe people out of their hard earned money and valuable time. And that is not a good thing for the Liberty Movement.

What we need more than anything else is for activists to be engaged within the GOP. This has been the long term plan for conservatives and libertarians for decades. It was the theme of Ron Paul's rally prior to the RNC, and we have seen success in this effort already this year with the victories that have been achieved. Any political activist that drinks the LP Kool Aid is an activist who is being taken away from the successful effort and is being sidetracked to a pointless effort.

If the LP "wins", the Liberty Movement loses.

But... I'm not a Republican, so why would I want to work with the GOP?

CaptLouAlbano
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
But... I'm not a Republican, so why would I want to work with the GOP?

Because it is the only proven path of success. So if you want your valuable time and hard earned money to produce results then you choose a path that works. If however, you don't care about results then the LP is a fine choice.

Personally, my time and money are both too valuable to waste on repeatedly failed efforts.

MozoVote
10-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Wow, this thread isn't locked yet? I guess people are having fun negative repping the OP. :p

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Because it is the only proven path of success. So if you want your valuable time and hard earned money to produce results then you choose a path that works. If however, you don't care about results then the LP is a fine choice.

Personally, my time and money are both too valuable to waste on repeatedly failed efforts.

Then... how about I work within the Democratic Party instead? Same difference, right?

trey4sports
10-27-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah man. It is critical.

It's critical because you can vote for a lousy fucking fascist or a different, upgraded fascist.

Do you have any clue where i'm going with this?

CaptLouAlbano
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Then... how about I work within the Democratic Party instead? Same difference, right?

Theoretically you could, but you would be working alone in large part. How many libertarians and traditional conservatives hold elected office in the Democratic Party? How many of the party members are sympathetic to conservative and libertarian policies? Our allies are already in office within the GOP, therefore it only makes sense to unite with our allies rather than going at it alone in the Democratic Party.

Does Cabell County have a measurable conservative and libertarian contingency in the Democratic Party and on the county committee? If so then, sure link up with them.

rpfocus
10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I AM NOT VOTING FOR MITT ROMNEY. Nice try, though.

presence
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Romney is far from a perfect candidate but compared to Obama he's a lifesaver.
[]
hard-line Communist with a Capital C

http://www.theblaze.com/users/anamandy/ (http://www.theblaze.com/users/anamandy/)

Can you name one sucessful country run by a black leader? I sure can’t.
[]
the Communist president of this country

anamandy you might find more friends here:
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

HigherVision
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Romney's foreign policy is worse than Obama's. He could even potentially start World War III if he gets in, as he's speaking hostily of not just Iran and other Middle Eastern countries but also of Russia and China. If this goes down it will trump all other concerns, including the economy.

anamandy
10-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Mitt Romney represents at least 4 but possibly 8 more years of Obama's policies. I fear a Romney presidency more than I do 4 more years of Obama.

You people must be nuts. Obama is a hard-line totalitarian Communist. Even Rand recognizes this that's why he endorsed Romney, and I'm willing to bet on election day Ron is going to be pulling the lever for him too.

erowe1
10-29-2012, 08:40 AM
You people must be nuts. Obama is a hard-line totalitarian Communist.
That's par for the course of 20th century presidents. Romney could well be worse.

Even Rand recognizes this that's why he endorsed Romney,
I doubt that's why.

and I'm willing to bet on election day Ron is going to be pulling the lever for him too.
You would lose that bet.

acptulsa
10-29-2012, 08:43 AM
You people must be nuts. Obama is a hard-line totalitarian Communist.

And what is Romneycare indicative of? What about the Big Dig?

Romney's not only a hard line commie, he's not even a good one. I don't suppose you heard about the ceiling tiles falling in the Big Dig, and crushing cars and the people in them? Falling ceiling tiles resulting from substandard work by construction companies that gave Romney kickb--er, I mean campaign contributions?

anamandy
10-29-2012, 08:59 AM
And what is Romneycare indicative of? What about the Big Dig?

Romney's not only a hard line commie, he's not even a good one. I don't suppose you heard about the ceiling tiles falling in the Big Dig, and crushing cars and the people in them? Falling ceiling tiles resulting from substandard work by construction companies that gave Romney kickb--er, I mean campaign contributions?

That's nutz! You can't blame Romney for the Big Dig since that project was decided years before he was Governor. Boy, you guys are really pulling at straws. You know, I had an argument with someone the other day about the Pauls. The person I was arguing with said to me that if Romney loses the election because of Paul supporters they'll be a backlash against the Pauls by the American people that will put a nail in the coffin of their political asperations. I beginning to think that will happen.

erowe1
10-29-2012, 09:08 AM
That's nutz! You can't blame Romney for the Big Dig since that project was decided years before he was Governor. Boy, you guys are really pulling at straws. You know, I had an argument with someone the other day about the Pauls. The person I was arguing with said to me that if Romney loses the election because of Paul supporters they'll be a backlash against the Pauls by the American people that will put a nail in the coffin of their political asperations. I beginning to think that will happen.

After Nader cost Gore the 2000 election the Dems moved more to the left to placate the Nader voters.

Besides, it's really true. Romney could well turn out worse than Obama.

Also, how could Romney lose the election because of Paul voters? What's the thinking there? That for some reason Romney is more entitled to the support of Paul voters than Obama is?

erowe1
10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Where the hell was I? Carrying a sign in support of Ron Paul in the main artery of my town during the primaries.

That's the kind of thing someone would say who's trying to sound like they do what they think the stereotypical Ron Paul supporter does based on what they read at Red State.

polomertz
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson. It's as simple as that. End of discussion. I think most of us here agree that ideas like the OP's are part of the problem. Too much voting against something & not enough voting FOR something.

JK/SEA
10-29-2012, 09:43 AM

where's REV 9 when ya need him?...oh..thats right...nevermind.

btw mandy, i WROTE IN RON PAUL on my ballot. I like to sleep at night.

JK/SEA
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
also, i personnally hope and pray mittshit loses BECAUSE of Paul supporters. Celebration Day.

nasaal
10-29-2012, 10:39 AM
A wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't believe in. I believe in Gary Johnson therefore if I do not vote for him my vote is wasted. Why do Romney voters come here? The election is nearly dead even and we were told we weren't needed, so go win without liberty voters. Enjoy your evil of two evils. The devil you know or the devil you don't is still the devil.

erowe1
10-29-2012, 10:41 AM
A wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't believe in. I believe in Gary Johnson therefore if I do not vote for him my vote is wasted. Why do Romney voters come here? The election is nearly dead even and we were told we weren't needed, so go win without liberty voters. Enjoy your evil of two evils. The devil you know or the devil you don't is still the devil.

Also, where are all the Obama supporters who should be insisting that we're costing Obama the election by not voting for him?

nasaal
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Also, where are all the Obama supporters who should be insisting that we're costing Obama the election by not voting for him?
Largely unaware of the liberty movement and more concerned with the Green party which ironically supports there views far more than the democrats they support.

nasaal
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
oops double post.

acptulsa
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM

They were here four years ago. In strength. And they got told just how evil their messiah of lesser evilness truly was.

Now they believe it.

At the moment, they're just sitting back and waiting to celebrate the GOP's loss. And why? Because we told Republicans how to beat him--namely, nominate Ron Paul--and they chose to listen to Limbaugh and Hannity instead of listening to sense.

We can't swing this alone. We had plenty of independent voters--and more than a few disaffected Democrats--all lined up to vote for Ron Paul. But he didn't get the nomination. Let that Democrat Rupert Murdoch and all his henchmen tell them how to pull this election out. We can't do it for them.

Not even if we wanted to. And since they took the republic out of the Republican Convention, I sure don't know why we'd want to.

EBounding
10-29-2012, 01:23 PM
If we got negative votes, I would give it to Obama. But we don't. We vote for people not matter how much you imagine it as voting against someone else.

DeMintConservative
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Johnson ran on the Republican primary.

All of the candidates listed in this forum fp as "Liberty Candidates" are running as Republicans.

The national convention featuring a Rand Paul speech and a Ron Paul video was the RCN, not the DNC.

Every single candidate endorsed by Ron Paul is a Republican.

The Dem party in Nevada isn't controlled by Paulites; the Nevada GOP is.

I do agree with you though: maybe it's time for all these people to move to the Democrat party (or a 3rd party) and try their luck there.

If both parties are the same, then they're chances should be about the same.

acptulsa
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I do agree with you though: maybe it's time for all these people to move to the Democrat party (or a 3rd party) and try their luck there.

You seem to find Constitutional principles annoying...

rpfocus
10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
anamandy you might find more friends here:
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

LOL, outed. What a P.O.S.

devil21
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
A vote for Romney is a vote for Bush. Romney's entire advisor team, which would presumably end up being his cabinet, is made up of GWB's folks. Fact. I have no desire to go back to that mess, nor do I wish to support the continuation of the mess by voting for Obama. A vote for Johnson at least means Im stating my preference without supporting either of the mess makers. There's really no effect of my vote since otherwise I would have just left the pres ballot section blank! Btw, I like voting FOR a candidate, not voting against one.