PDA

View Full Version : Seattle cops get an earful from citizens on using drones

JK/SEA
10-26-2012, 05:01 PM
found this rather amusing.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019526462_drones26m.html

read one comment from a reader that said ''they can't handle the tools they have now. And to say they will only be for limited surveillance and rescues?...right. They aren't supposed to shoot people in the back either, and kick people in the head on the ground while handcuffed. Hows that working out?''

aGameOfThrones
10-26-2012, 05:15 PM
According to the guidelines, police say, they will not use the drones to "conduct random surveillance activities" and will make vigilant efforts to protect citizen privacy by, for example, having cameras facing away from occupied structures.

However, the draft also leaves open the possibility that the drones will be deployed in other uses.

LOL

And...

Dennis Brandow, a Bellevue resident who attended the forum because of his interest in unmanned aerial systems and his desire to get into the field, was disappointed by what he didn't get to hear.

"I think it's crazy," said Brandow. "They're all bitching about technology that's already here. It's really ignorant. In five to seven years, you're not even going to see TV helicopters in the air anymore.

"It's like the Internet. Some people might not like it, but it's going to happen."

Shame on you!

JK/SEA
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
fast forward 10 years.

''a squadron of T-2 police drones outfitted with full auto 9mm machine guns surrounded a home in south Seattle with reports the homeowners were drinking raw milk. When the male homeowner came out the front door holding a bottle that appeared to contain raw milk, drone #2250 opened fired on the male killing him instantly. The remaining family members surrendered quietly''

Lucille
10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
"We don't trust you with the weapons you do have," shouted a man who said his name was General Malaise. "We are not going to tolerate this in our city. This is unacceptable," yelled Emma Kaplan from The October 22 Coalition to Stop Police Brutality. "NO DRONES!"

"Hasn't anyone heard of George Orwell's 1984?" asked a man who gave his name only as Matt. E. "This is the militarization of our streets and now the air above us."

General Malaise. LOL

Awesome.

Dennis Brandow, a Bellevue resident who attended the forum because of his interest in unmanned aerial systems and his desire to get into the field, was disappointed by what he didn't get to hear.

"I think it's crazy," said Brandow. "They're all bitching about technology that's already here. It's really ignorant. In five to seven years, you're not even going to see TV helicopters in the air anymore.

"It's like the Internet. Some people might not like it, but it's going to happen."

Lemme guess. He's a Millennial (http://blog.lifecourse.com/2012/07/generations-and-the-2012-election-part-1/).

They are more likely than older voters to favor strong communities, urge consensus solutions, trust “big government,” and shrug at paranoia over privacy.

AGRP
10-26-2012, 05:28 PM
How can there be no video?

Anti Federalist
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Lemme guess. He's a Millennial (http://blog.lifecourse.com/2012/07/generations-and-the-2012-election-part-1/).

I'd guarantee it.

That and the fact that he's looking to get rich by selling the Empire the tools by which they would enslave us.

People like that I'd happily kick in the ass.

jkr
10-26-2012, 06:16 PM
fast forward 10 years.

''a squadron of T-2 police drones outfitted with full auto 9mm machine guns surrounded a home in south Seattle with reports the homeowners were drinking raw milk. When the male homeowner came out the front door holding a bottle that appeared to contain raw milk, drone #2250 opened fired on the male killing him instantly. The remaining family members surrendered quietly''

drone #2250 declined a 2 week paid leave...hes a ROBOT

http://images.wikia.com/terminator/images/7/76/HK-Drone_Extended.JPG

JK/SEA
10-26-2012, 06:24 PM
How can there be no video?

found one...

http://madisonpark.komonews.com/news/911/794568-seattle-police-drafting-policy-using-drones

KCIndy
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd guarantee it.

That and the fact that he's looking to get rich by selling the Empire the tools by which they would enslave us.

People like that I'd happily kick in the ass.

And I would happily hold him for you while you gave him the well-deserved kick! We're descending into authoritarian tyranny fast enough with little idiots like that running ahead and greasing the tracks. :mad::mad:

Henry Rogue
10-26-2012, 07:12 PM
At least liberty people organised enough to muster a protest. That gives me a small glimmer of hope. Not much though.

Origanalist
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
We are so screwed. Unless there are people marching in the streets by the tens of thousands and shooting the dam things down, they will have their little public meetings, let people vent a bit, duly record who vented and launch away.