PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid was in a car crash this afternoon and is now in a hospital - condition unknown

Pisces
10-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Troopers say Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has been taken to the hospital in an ambulance after what appears to be a rear-end crash on an interstate through Las Vegas.

Nevada Highway Patrol Office spokesman Jeremie Elliott says he doesn’t know Reid’s condition after the crash, which happened about 1:10 p.m. Friday on Interstate 15.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/sen-harry-reid-taken-to-hospital-after-las-vegas-rear-end-car-crash-involving-6-vehicles/2012/10/26/29bbf63a-1faf-11e2-8817-41b9a7aaabc7_story.html

Pisces
10-26-2012, 03:55 PM
This article says he just had minor rib injuries:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/harry-reid-taken-to-umc-after-car-accident-176021641.html

angelatc
10-26-2012, 04:00 PM
The NYT is reporting that he walked into the hospital, and that any injuries were likely minor.

I have a Facebook friend who actually saw the accident, and asked if Reid survived when she heard it was his car. It must have looked worse than it was.

(Or they're flying his clone in!)

acptulsa
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Sounds like he'll recover just fine.

So, I now feel free to wish out loud for a nice, slow recovery that keeps him off the Senate floor for some time.

opal
10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
better wish.. scared the bananas out of him so much that he just has to resign.. never drive again and try to live a quiet and out of the public eye life

puppetmaster
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
better wish.. scared the bananas out of him so much that he just has to resign.. never drive again and try to live a quiet and out of the public eye life

reid does not drive........he has a driver

opal
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
ok.. never be driven again.. stay out of cars

aGameOfThrones
10-26-2012, 04:27 PM

So, I now feel free to wish out loud for a nice, slow recovery that keeps him off the Senate floor for some time.

He probably got a new idea for a law from today's accident and will go back to "work" as soon as possible.

phill4paul
10-26-2012, 04:30 PM
He probably got a new idea for a law from today's accident and will go back to "work" as soon as possible.

Rear ending a Senate Majority leader is a capital offence punishable by a life sentence and $250,000 fine.

acptulsa
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Rear ending a Senate Majority leader is a capital offence punishable by a life sentence and $250,000 fine.

I guess Barney Frank and Lindsey Graham will never aspire to lead the Senate, then...

KCIndy
10-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't like the man's politics at all, but I'm glad he's okay.

Vegas traffic on a Friday afternoon? Lemme tell ya, IT IS SCARY.

Everyone tailgates, the traffic is moving at 65-75 mph (or faster, sometimes) and there are TONS of visual distractions in the form of flashing billboards, flashing lights, flashy buildings, and occasionally, flashing people, ha!! It really is nuts, and I'm surprised they don't have more crashes there than they do.

angelatc
10-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Uhm....capital offense means death penalty.

KCIndy
10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Jeez!!

Ol' Reid travels in style! According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, he had a six vehicle caravan going:

Nevada Highway Patrol said his caravan was involved in a six-car accident about 1:10 p.m. on northbound Interstate 15 at Sahara Avenue. Four of the cars were with Reid's caravan.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/harry-reid-taken-to-umc-after-car-accident-176021641.html

Exactly how many vehicles does one man need to get from one point to another?

Another interesting thing - I read that article three times, and I've seen nothing about who rear ended whom. Someone double check me to see if I missed it, but it seems like that's the sort of detail that would usually be included in a news article about a multiple car crash.

Edit: Okay, the number of cars in his caravan is unspecified, other than four of them being in the crash.

acptulsa
10-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Jeez!!

Ol' Reid travels in style! According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, he had a six vehicle caravan going:

Exactly how many vehicles does one man need to get from one point to another?

Another interesting thing - I read that article three times, and I've seen nothing about who rear ended whom...

There's a reason for that. The VIP is never, ever, ever in the last car in his motorcade.

His professional driver rear ended someone, and another of his professional drivers rear ended him. It's the only possible explanation.

musicmax
10-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Based on his support of NDAA, PATRIOT and drones, it appears Reid faces a life-threatening recovery.

tangent4ronpaul
10-26-2012, 06:53 PM
The NYT is reporting that he walked into the hospital, and that any injuries were likely minor.

I have a Facebook friend who actually saw the accident, and asked if Reid survived when she heard it was his car. It must have looked worse than it was.

(Or they're flying his clone in!)

After putting up with the brief commercial, jump to 40:00

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/IW1IXxIAAKs/Heart+s+Desire/Outer+limits

sloooooooow being the operative word!

reid does not drive........he has a driver

As a former EMT - rib fractures are usually the result of impacting the steering wheel. Still, that doesn't make sense in a caravan. That these createns think they need protection from us "mundanes" SCREAMS that they are not working in our best interests!

I guess Barney Frank and Lindsey Graham will never aspire to lead the Senate, then...

Great minds think alike! :D

-t

puppetmaster
10-26-2012, 08:38 PM
After putting up with the brief commercial, jump to 40:00

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/IW1IXxIAAKs/Heart+s+Desire/Outer+limits

sloooooooow being the operative word!

As a former EMT - rib fractures are usually the result of impacting the steering wheel. Still, that doesn't make sense in a caravan. That these createns think they need protection from us "mundanes" SCREAMS that they are not working in our best interests!

Great minds think alike! :D

-t

Reid does not drive, has not in years........ he hurt his ribs while he was performing oral sex(blow job) on his driver as his ribs hit the shifter. The caravan was also traveling over the speed limit by 20mph......this is the norm for these disgusting vile beings.

ctiger2
10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't write what I want to or I'll end up in prison.

tangent4ronpaul
10-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Reid does not drive, has not in years........ he hurt his ribs while he was performing oral sex(blow job) on his driver as his ribs hit the shifter. The caravan was also traveling over the speed limit by 20mph......this is the norm for these disgusting vile beings.

LOL!

I can't write what I want to or I'll end up in prison.

Nah - they'd just put a bullet in your brain...

-t

ClydeCoulter
10-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Reid, it's a sign, bring S.202 to the floor of the senate...it's a sign, Reid...it's a sign...

Luciconsort
10-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Uhm....capital offense means death penalty.

i'm sure he wouldn't be the first guy to get death and a fine

Philhelm
10-27-2012, 02:25 AM
These politicians really need to lay off the cocaine.

alucard13mmfmj
10-27-2012, 02:41 AM
maybe this near death experience would cause him to do good.

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2012, 06:42 AM

Considering he loves sending young people to their death, I wish for more than this.