PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Ron Paul digg spammer EXPOSED

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Please Digg this article to expose this Digg user that uses comment SPAM on every single Ron Paul article. These few spammers are burying articles to keep Ron Paul articles from being seen from the thousands of people on Digg interested in unique and imformative Ron Paul articles.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/diggrific_Anti_Ron_Paul_Spammer_EXPOSED

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Will this do any good?

kylejack
06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
The Digg war seems pretty silly to me.

jj111
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Give up on Digg. It's a rigged, corrupt system. Pick up your marbles and go to another playground to play in.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Will this do any good?

He will be banned from Digg for this. So will the other few Anti-Paul spammers who are burying RP articles before anyone gets to see them.

MOST people want to see info about RP. The articles that make it to the front page always get thousands of Diggs. These few people kill the stories early on.

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
If it generates media.... its good.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
The Digg war seems pretty silly to me.

Thousands of people learned about RP for the first time on Digg. Digg gets MILLIONS of visitors per day.

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Yah I agree they are most likely abusing the bury function of digg.

Well I dugg it, hope they back off.

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
A better way to go about it.

http://www.digg.com/how

The Bury function is explained as...

Bury. If you find stories with bad links, off-topic content, or duplicate entries, click “Bury.” That’s how we get the spam out of the system.

Now I believe they are abusing that feature with Ron Paul stories and news.

This should be reported and would probably get some action by digg if we all email our concerns.

abuse@digg.com

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 05:50 PM

This should be reported and would probably get some action by digg if we all email our concerns.

abuse@digg.com

Agreed.

kylejack
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Thousands of people learned about RP for the first time on Digg. Digg gets MILLIONS of visitors per day.

Yes, and most Digg users are loyal. All the loyal users have already heard Ron Paul's message due to the constant digging. At that point, its up to them to accept it or not.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
So many battles..so little time. Dugg and posted.

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 05:56 PM

abuse@digg.com

Email sent. Come join the fun. send your email too.

bojo68
06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I dugg it, and it's the only time I've ever read or dugg anything on digg. had to join to do it.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Digg just went offline!

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 06:04 PM
The Imperial fleet has arrived.

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
if you can't get the the digg site. bookmark the web address and try back again later tonight. this article really needs your digg!

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks like Digg is up and running again!

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Note that if an article is going to get to the front page - which we want this one to do.......It must have lots of comments as well as diggs.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
EVEN THIS ARTICLE WAS BURIED BY THE ANTI PAUL CREW

We need your support to DIGG this article to bring it back from the dead!

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 07:06 PM
I second that motion.

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
how about a digg rally?

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Digg just went offline!

It's back, but the comments are sorted. You have to click on a link to see all responses.

In response to the thread, I think the powers that be that run Digg are taking note.

llamabread
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I learned about Ron Paul on digg, and alot of my friends did as well, so I don't think it is a useless effort, but trying to get every Ron Paul article to the front page is.

Although, in the last four days, I have seen four Ron Paul articles on the front page, so I guess we are starting to get through.

thuja
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
also look at the common dreams site for the blog about ralph nader. some negative comments.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
THE POST WAS MYSTERIOUSLY REMOVED.........

Here is the new one:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/diggrific_Anti_Ron_Paul_Spammer_EXPOSED_2

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
You know, there have been times that I have looked over at the DIGG front page and it was plastered with a large number of Ron Paul articles. It has happened a lot. If I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, I would get ticked at some point and probably start digging some of them down. So, if someone is doing this, I somewhat can understand.

It's kind of like the old story about crying wolf. If we want the ability to send something to the front page, we need to start respecting DIGG a little more and not abuse it for every story that comes along.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
You know, there have been times that I have looked over at the DIGG front page and it was plastered with a large number of Ron Paul articles. It has happened a lot. If I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, I would get ticked at some point and probably start digging some of them down. So, if someone is doing this, I somewhat can understand.

It's kind of like the old story about crying wolf. If we want the ability to send something to the front page, we need to start respecting DIGG a little more and not abuse it for every story that comes along.

The thing is stories get buried all the time.......

THIS ONE WAS REMOVED!

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM

I agree. I've been trying to mend some fences. I also think we could focus on some of the other candidates. John McCain is in trouble and not meeting fundraising expectations. We could Digg these types of stuff. We could also focus on Congressional races. Even if Ron Paul is elected, he won't be able to do everything himself. He will need some help. At 435 races for the House of Representatives, we could certainly Digg about many candidates, spread out so as not to tick anyone off.

pcosmar
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok that is weird. I went to the article, it had 62 diggs. Read it went to Digg it and it disappeared.
I just went back to it with the above link. It had 5 diggs, and mentioned having disappeared with 60 diggs, when I logged in it disappeared again.

woowoowoo22
06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
The PINKO's at Digg have banned me and removed all of my articles...

I abided by their TOS. They outfit that runs Digg is very leftist and doesn't like Ron Paul. The hell with them. I have my methods =)

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 09:37 PM
hwo about no more digg. use another site.

akalucas
06-21-2007, 09:47 PM
If someone finds a working link could u please post it.

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
What’s the other site that's up and coming... grapevine or vine something. I can't remember the name of it.

Shmuel Spade
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
What’s the other site that's up and coming... grapevine or vine something. I can't remember the name of it.

You mean Newsvine? Like the guys that run the Facebook Election '08 app?

walt
06-22-2007, 05:34 AM

90% of them below 18. FACT. Quit wasting your time and go outside and talk to real voters.

cujothekitten
06-22-2007, 08:44 AM
You mean Newsvine? Like the guys that run the Facebook Election '08 app?

Yeah that'd be the one

tsoldrin
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Don't forget shoutwire, netscape and stumbleupon.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
The PINKO's at Digg have banned me and removed all of my articles...

I abided by their TOS. They outfit that runs Digg is very leftist and doesn't like Ron Paul. The hell with them. I have my methods =)

It looks like they did a whole lot. It seems rather quiet and eerie on Digg. Of course, some people might be a little irked at the new commenting system.

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 10:53 AM
i'm boycotting digg. maybe everyone else will consider doing the same.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 10:54 AM
90% of them below 18. FACT. Quit wasting your time and go outside and talk to real voters.

Ron Paul wants us to continue to use Digg. Look at the Campaign blog. There's a reason we are asked to Digg This! for every blog entry. I'm not trying to be snotty or anything. But I am trying to interpret what Ron Paul wants us to do, not what we interpret to be the best thing. And for now, the campaign sees some sort of virtue with the continued use of Digg.

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
digg is erasing the accounts of people who post ron paul stories. obviously we are not welcomed. our time may be best spent promoting another website and helping them with internet traffic.

drinkbleach
06-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Ron Paul wants us to use digg? Digg doesn't want to see anymore Ron Paul stories. Someone should bring this up to the campaign managers so that we can officially change venues.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
digg is erasing the accounts of people who post ron paul stories. obviously we are not welcomed. our time may be best spent promoting another website and helping them with internet traffic.

Perhaps we should then write a letter to Kent Snyder, explaining the rough treatment at Digg. Either the campaign will discontinue its encouragement of Digg, or it will do something to help smooth things over at Digg. But my point is that I am trying not to let my pride get in the way of promoting Ron Paul. If Digg wants to ban me for it, that's up to them. But I do think something happened yesterday. Not only Ron Paul supporters were affected.

On a totally unrelated sidenote, when you guys post comments on Digg, do you have to enter those verification letters? I had to until two days ago. This is really weird.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Win.

pazzo83
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
We can't let this continue people. First YouTube, and now Digg, are actively silencing free expression. That is the hallmark of the internet, and they are blatantly violating it.

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
All we can do is support that sites that are still free press. advertisers spend their money on sites that have traffic... lets move ron paul storys to another 'digg-type' site and reward them with our patronage.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
torchbearer,

I think I have figured out Digg, a little. The problem is I was using Digg as an only promote Ron Paul site. This is what got some people ticked off, and others marginalized.

Now I am going for the diversity. I am Digging and commenting on matters totally unrelated to politics, such as technology and sports. I think people would look at us more seriously (especially the powers that be) if we stopped using Digg only to promote Ron Paul, while ignoring all other aspects of Digg. That was my mistake at first. I only Dugg and commented on Ron Paul stuff. But now I see no harm in Digging a legitimate story on something like say, the new television season of Heroes.

jron
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
torchbearer,

I think I have figured out Digg, a little. The problem is I was using Digg as an only promote Ron Paul site. This is what got some people ticked off, and others marginalized.

Now I am going for the diversity. I am Digging and commenting on matters totally unrelated to politics, such as technology and sports. I think people would look at us more seriously (especially the powers that be) if we stopped using Digg only to promote Ron Paul, while ignoring all other aspects of Digg. That was my mistake at first. I only Dugg and commented on Ron Paul stuff. But now I see no harm in Digging a legitimate story on something like say, the new television season of Heroes.

LibertyCzar, You are correct. That is the way to do it. Digg WILL ban you if you only use Digg to push a political agenda. Digg doesn't want to be a propaganda mouthpiece and I can't blame them =) Digg is a great tool; use it wisely.

tsoldrin
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
The problem is... folks like us restrain ourselves somewhat on digg - at least for the most part and at least I hope we do. But there are hundreds or even thousands of linewolf Ron Paul fans out there perpetually submitting every Ron Paul thing they find and that's part of the backlash problem. Of course there are other problems, but I'm just talking about from 'our' end. There's really nothing to do about that. Those folks are going to continue to anger diggers and we really can't even reach them to talk about it. They are independent agents.

I say just bury the duplicates and digg the worthy articles... make the best of it. With 20 million readers, it's always going to be worthwhile to at least try.

On my personal experience, the diggs and burys on articles I submit do not reflect my referrer logs at all. Zero of the bury people and relatively few of the diggs actually come from digg, but instead from other sourches like search engines and technorati.