PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Campaign in Debt

supermario21
10-25-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82899.html

Has less than $36K on hand and is over $225K in debt. Not a big deal, but some of you were bashing GOP candidates for running up debt rendering them unprincipled. Figured by that logic a libertarian doing the same is worse. More importantly, is that this probably means the Ron Paul movement, no matter how much it seems like they support Johnson on here, are not donating to his campaign.

KCIndy
10-25-2012, 03:51 PM
That's one of the innumerable things I really admire about Dr. Ron Paul: If he doesn't have it, he doesn't spend it.

10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
That's not a lot of debt. I believe GJ is well off enough to pay that off himself.

CaptLouAlbano
10-25-2012, 04:30 PM
From what I can tell it doesn't look like Johnson raised much more this year than Barr did in 08.

supermario21
10-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I think this just goes to show you that we need to work within the GOP. We thought Johnson would be a guy who could really do well as an L party candidate and here he is floundering at Barr levels.

CaptLouAlbano
10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
I think this just goes to show you that we need to work within the GOP. We thought Johnson would be a guy who could really do well as an L party candidate and here he is floundering at Barr levels.

Never a question in my mind. I have a lot of problems with the LP and CP. I described them elsewhere as useful idiots for the moderates.

KCIndy
10-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Didn't Johnson get matching Federal funds? (something I did not agree with - but I'm wondering if that has been factored in yet)

supermario21
10-25-2012, 05:30 PM
The article states he qualified for and accepted $338K in matching funds.

CaptLouAlbano
10-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Well look at it this way, he spent the last year or so travelling around the country, giving speeches, eating at restaurants and doing it all without spending a dime of his own money.

There's a lot of the country that I have not yet seen, I think I'll run for the LP nomination in 16. And you know if you just send me enough money, I might be able to get into the debates and really change things. So visit my site, donate your hard earned money to me, and on the way out make sure you stop off at amazon and buy my book.