PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Hinojosa is Clueless on the Second Amendment

AuH20
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, you too, can be a member of the House of Representatives with enough guile and ambition. You just need to remember to recite vague catch phrases and set up lunch dates with lobbyists.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_7352c14c-1e20-11e2-afa1-0019bb30f31a.html

"There are so many people in Washington who come and talk to us about the Constitution and the rights that they want kept sacred and that not do anything about them. (sic) That we not change them. That we not amend them,” said Hinojosa. “And I can tell you that — I’m drawing a blank on the Second Amendment, but I think it’s the weapons, isn’t it? The NRA?”

Hinojosa recovered after a brief pause, recalling how the 1999 Columbine High School massacre convinced him America needs stronger background checks at weekend gun shows and that he supports more restrictive gun laws.

“And especially those machine guns. Why in the hell do we have to have machine guns? And don’t touch that, because NRA will come and put you on the black list,” Hinojosa said. “Well, I didn’t go up there to be Mr. Popular. I went up there to do the right thing. To help our community. To protect them.”

Machine Guns?? They have been prohibited since 1934. Educate yourself.

tsai3904
10-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Here's the audio (go to 26:15):

http://soundcloud.com/user369790953/102412-mcallen-rotary-club

Pericles
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Much of his district borders Mexico, and IIRC is the only non urban D Representative from TX.

DamianTV
10-25-2012, 05:19 PM
... and these people are supposed to Represent that which is in the BEST INTEREST of the People? I know we are supposed to be a Representative Republic and all, but its a fucking wonder why people want Democracy with Mental Turds in those Represenative Positions like this.

fr33
10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
It really is a full time job teaching people the difference between machine guns and assault weapons. Regular people, the media, and politicians are so ignorant.