PDA

View Full Version : Meth Head Burns down 5th Oldest Tree in the World (3500 years old)

presence
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/3138462959_56a7fc86ef_b.jpeg?w=570

http://grist.org/list/woman-arrested-for-burning-down-3500-year-old-tree/

This is the Senator, the largest pond cypress in the U.S. and, at 3,500 years old, the fifth-oldest individual tree in the world. Or anyway, this was the Senator, because on Jan. 16, the Florida tree burned from the inside out.

Authorities initially ruled out arson, saying that friction or smoldering lightning damage may have started the fire. But they’ve now ruled it right back in, arresting 26-year-old Sara Barnes for lighting the Senator on fire while sitting inside it doing meth.

Police became suspicious when they found that Barnes had taken cell phone pictures of the tree fire in progress and uploaded them to her laptop. (Presumably they were suspicious cell phone pictures, or maybe she posted them on Facebook saying “look at this tree I burned.” Because I think probably anyone who just happened upon a giant flaming tree would probably whip out the camera.) When police confiscated her phone and computer, Barnes told investigators that she and a friend had been getting high inside the hollow tree and “lit a fire so they could see better.” The fire then destroyed the tree in a matter of hours.

This is an older story from Tuesday, February 28, 2012.

alucard13mmfmj
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
She would've gotten away with it too.. heh. There goes a piece of history. Stood around before jesus or buddha came to be.

Acala
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Fire is dangerous. Trees are flammable.

tod evans
10-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Outlaw meth..

Oh yeah...

Outlaw kids!

thoughtomator
10-24-2012, 04:01 PM
yet another casualty of the War on Drugs

Petar
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Well, if you are gonna be a meth-head, may as well be the most rockin' meth-head you can be I guess.

Acala
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
She should smoke meth at the Fed

AGRP
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
A horrible man made drug because cocaine is illegal.

Anti Federalist
10-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Outlaw meth..

Oh yeah...

Outlaw kids!

Outlaw fire!

AlexAmore
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Outlaw fire!

Outlaw oxygen. Now we're getting to the root of the problem.

nobody's_hero
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I think that Tom Davis might burn down a senator in South Carolina.

thoughtomator
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I think that Tom Davis might burn down a senator in South Carolina.

to be fair, that Senator was already flaming

QuickZ06
10-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Meth heads burn down trees, pot heads smoke um.

Lucille
10-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Yup.

26? Man, meth really ages people:

http://media2.wptv.com//photo/2012/02/29/tree_20120229041202_320_240.JPG

The tree in the 1920s, from the PuffHo (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/the-senator-burns-fire-sara-barnes-arrested_n_1308513.html) slide show:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/205004/slide_205004_617715_huge.jpg

Clone of burned 'Senator' tree to be planted at Big Tree Park
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-22/news/os-big-tree-park-seminole-20120522_1_big-tree-park-baldcypress-senator-tree

The Senator is gone, but Big Tree Park near Longwood will soon have a 40-foot-tall offspring of the ancient baldcypress tree that caught fire and collapsed in January.

Several clones of the Senator were produced about 15 years ago when foresters took cuttings from the 3,500-year-old Senator and planted some of them at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

belian78
10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
This makes me really sad, for the girl that's throwing her life away and the tree.

presence
10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
My question is... meth aside, what exactly is the best punishment for accidentally/negligently burning down a 3500 year old landmark?

belian78
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
My question is... meth aside, what exactly is the best punishment for accidentally/negligently burning down a 3500 year old landmark?
You sure can't put a fine against her, she wouldn't be able to pay and just go to jail and cost taxpayers even more. That's the thing that really makes me sad, there really is no way of punishing her that would make her realize the scope of what she has done.

QuickZ06
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
You sure can't put a fine against her, she wouldn't be able to pay and just go to jail and cost taxpayers even more. That's the thing that really makes me sad, there really is no way of punishing her that would make her realize the scope of what she has done.

She just needs to get help and that does not mean throw her in a rape cage. But she could do some community service with the parks and plant 3,500 years worth of trees.

James Madison
10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't believe this story is true. Meth no longer exists since the government made it illegal. Because prohibition works.

/s

Lucille
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Social ostracism is about the only way, and the libertarian way.

AGRP
10-24-2012, 05:01 PM

How do we use this to benefit society by preventing future fires? This never would have happened if there wasnt prohibition. Meth heads wouldnt be hiding in 3500 year old trees burning their pipes and priceless treasures. We should be open about drug problems rather than tossing people in a cages as punishment; which is probably why she was hiding in the tree in order to avoid the police. I dont think similar non-man made illicit drugs such as cocaine are as bad as meth.

belian78
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
She just needs to get help and that does not mean throw her in a rape cage. But she could do some community service with the parks and plant 3,500 years worth of trees.
No, she doesn't deserve to be in jail for sure, except whatever she'd get for destruction of public property maybe. Sure, you can give her community service, but that's not going to fix her meth addiction or make her realize what she took away from the world.

QuickZ06
10-24-2012, 05:17 PM
No, she doesn't deserve to be in jail for sure, except whatever she'd get for destruction of public property maybe. Sure, you can give her community service, but that's not going to fix her meth addiction or make her realize what she took away from the world.

I think she should at least plant a single tree. And yes like you said earlier, throwing her in a cell should not even be thought about, but they will sadly. And like ARGP said, the laws we have currently on the books are not making things easier or better because she has to go to these extremes to do her habit.

XNavyNuke
10-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Clone of burned 'Senator' tree to be planted at Big Tree Park
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-22/news/os-big-tree-park-seminole-20120522_1_big-tree-park-baldcypress-senator-tree

Typical government response, spend $7k of confiscated FRNs on a clone and surround it with another $60k of fencing. No doubt this will count as successful economic stimulus.

Meanwhile, the yay-hoo is out on bail driving in the dark without lights and running stop signs. I'm sure there would be much handwringing if she actually snuffs someones kid instead of a tree. http://www.wtsp.com/rss/article/268262/19/Woman-accused-of-torching-The-Senator-re-arrested

XNN

Pauls' Revere
10-24-2012, 09:04 PM
So now where is the fifth oldest tree in the world?

presence
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
she could do some community service with the parks and plant 3,500 years worth of trees.

Give'r an 8 ball she'd have half that banged out in the first 36 hours.

presence
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Typical government response, spend $7k of confiscated FRNs on a clone and surround it with another $60k of fencing. No doubt this will count as successful economic stimulus.

I thought you were being sarcastic. Holy shit.

How about a Judge Ted Poe:

http://www.stealbreaker.com/uploads/3/6/6/1/3661897/4522765.jpg?280

I GOT HIGH ON METH

AND BURNED DOWN
THE 5TH OLDEST
TREE IN THE WORLD
IT WAS 3500 YEARS OLD

SORRY FOLKS

Origanalist
10-24-2012, 09:12 PM
How do we use this to benefit society by preventing future fires? This never would have happened if there wasnt prohibition. Meth heads wouldnt be hiding in 3500 year old trees burning their pipes and priceless treasures. We should be open about drug problems rather than tossing people in a cages as punishment; which is probably why she was hiding in the tree in order to avoid the police. I dont think similar non-man made illicit drugs such as cocaine are as bad as meth.

I'm not so sure about the bolded part.

Pauls' Revere
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
at 3500 years, The Senator is a youngster.

The Bristle Cone Pine & Giant Sequoias got the market cornered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees

The Senator comes in at #6.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/photos/the-worlds-10-oldest-living-trees/the-senator

So, that would make this tree now the 6th oldest.

Patriarca da Floresta

This tree, an example of the species Cariniana legalis named Patriarca da Floresta in Brazil, is estimated to be about 3,000 years old, making it the oldest non-conifer in Brazil. The tree is believed to be sacred, but its species is widely threatened due to forest clearing in Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela.

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Outlaw oxygen. Now we're getting to the root of the problem.

Outlaw humans!

It's for the children!

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Meth heads burn down trees, pot heads smoke um.

:D

BamaAla
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
to be fair, that Senator was already flaming

Bazinga!

Apparently our meth doll is a model by the name of Sandy Devine. Go here for some interesting photos - halfway down the page and probably NSFW, but nothing too bad.

http://phoenixgrove.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/in-memoriam-of-a-tree-older-than-the-gods/

thoughtomator
10-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Yikes - it's not the meth that made her that ugly, it was the cruel god of genetics

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Accidental fire warrants arson? Doesn't arson charges require premeditated intent?

tangent4ronpaul
10-25-2012, 01:36 AM

Well, with tens of thousands very pissed off Druids, she better watch her back! You know the kind of thing they liked to do at Stonehenge...

Community service at a tree farm.

BINGO! - we have a winner!

Yikes - it's not the meth that made her that ugly, it was the cruel god of genetics

Yeah, it was the meth. Doing meth or crack is like being worked over with the ugly stick.

-t

S.Shorland
10-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Maybe have a kind word for people as you pass by.You never know how much they need it.

Smart3
10-25-2012, 02:35 AM
She would've gotten away with it too.. heh. There goes a piece of history. Stood around before jesus or buddha came to be.
and all the other fictional characters of the last 3500 years.

Travlyr
10-25-2012, 04:01 AM
http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/3138462959_56a7fc86ef_b.jpeg?w=570

http://grist.org/list/woman-arrested-for-burning-down-3500-year-old-tree/

This is an older story from Tuesday, February 28, 2012.
Is it really a crime to burn a tree? It is any worse to burn a 3500 year old tree than a 20 year old tree that has the potential to live 3500 years?

tod evans
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm cutting some "old-growth" cypress right now..

Over the years I've built many doors and windows from it.......Cheaper than "D" grade pine and rot resistant.

Apparently it burns well too...............And makes good anti-drug headlines.

Travlyr
10-25-2012, 04:15 AM

Over the years I've built many doors and windows from it.......Cheaper than "D" grade pine and rot resistant.

Reported.

Travlyr
10-25-2012, 04:21 AM

Seriously, this is how far down humanity has gone. Burning wood is now a crime. I used to build redwood decks from 2000 year old trees and burned the leftovers for fun at a camp fire in stone fire pits which are now illegal as well. Before long it will be illegal to smoke weeds.

tod evans
10-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Before long it will be illegal to smoke weeds.

:eek:

tod evans
10-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Arresting "officer" [sarc]

http://www.gregtherobot.com/images/stories/female_police_officers/american_female_police_officer.jpg

Arrestee; [from link] (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?393505-Meth-Head-Burns-down-5th-Oldest-Tree-in-the-World-(3500-years-old)&p=4700262&viewfull=1#post4700262)
http://phoenixgrove.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/screen-shot-2012-02-29-at-12-25-10-pm.png

But wait.............Whaddabout the drugs?

rp08orbust
10-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Tree should have been private property.

Danke
10-25-2012, 04:59 AM

Spanking?

Arrestee; [from link] (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?393505-Meth-Head-Burns-down-5th-Oldest-Tree-in-the-World-(3500-years-old)&p=4700262&viewfull=1#post4700262)
http://phoenixgrove.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/screen-shot-2012-02-29-at-12-25-10-pm.png

Meatwasp
10-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Well shit the tree lived long enough. Let some other plant come in it's place. Heh

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-25-2012, 07:18 AM
[/URL]

If they call the new one the senator, I'd like to go piss on it. What a crappy name to give a tree.

jtstellar
10-25-2012, 09:47 AM
men do outrageous things when they are out of their mind.. women just go out there and do the fuking STUPIDEST thing ever.. fuk.. why did god even come up with this gender for our species' survival, if there is a god? was making a gender of equal intelligence really so difficult

tod evans
10-25-2012, 09:54 AM
men do outrageous things when they are out of their mind.. women just go out there and do the fuking STUPIDEST thing ever.. fuk.. why did god even come up with this gender for our species' survival, if there is a god? was making a gender of equal intelligence really so difficult

Oh for Pete's sake, What does the fact that she's a woman have to do with anything?

If it'd been kids playing with matches would there be such an uproar?

jtstellar
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
this is why everything should be private property.. this pig would've been dragged out and shot for trespassing before she could have done anything to this object a 1/100th of a fraction of which is worth more than she will ever be able to contribute to human society in her entire life time x 100.. actually her contribution would probably be negative by living off her future husband so my mathematic equation might not even be definable

jtstellar
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh for Pete's sake, What does the fact that she's a woman have to do with anything?

If it'd been kids playing with matches would there be such an uproar?

things do add up.. give you one additional clue

recent poll of mainstream media trust couple months ago, did you see it? during times when mainstream media trust has hit historical lows with the public, women's trust is still around 30% ish and that DOUBLES the trust men would give to traditional media of around 15%.. they also worship power more as women lean more liberal.. there are a bunch of other mass-population studies out there, the gender gap is irrefutable.. if you were more informed maybe you would've known. even some of the more sensible women in our movement has acknowledged there are problems at times that drive their gender to be less informed.. there are individual exceptions but on large-scale mass studies this is irrefutable.. this has nothing to do with politics

fr33
10-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree that it should be private property but I do think it's tragic that such an old natural treasure was destroyed by some skank.

jtstellar
10-25-2012, 10:19 AM
don't worry about pissing off women as i bad mouth them guys.. this movement is something like 3:1 men to women ratio in our GOP primary exit polls.. this is pretty much a men's movement anyway. most brain dead women are busy campaigning for obama while you're busy kissing feminist's ass (maybe you like that) by defending them here to a bunch of men. they laugh all the way to the bank as they have a field day with idiots that are so worried about political correctness they are willing to buy into this 'women does everything equal or better' bullshit.. next thing you know they will thrust a legislation down your throat to force company to give equal pays. to the few women among us, you surprise me and i don't know why you are, but welcome, and you are rare exception.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM
don't worry about pissing off women as i bad mouth them guys.. this movement is something like 3:1 men to women ratio in our GOP primary exit polls.. this is pretty much a men's movement anyway.

That's not a very convincing argument. lol.

I love women, regardless of what the polls say.

People will be upset because you're grouping so many people into "women" and then making those statements. Most of us here believe we are individuals. Now, I kinda just did the same thing, I suppose. I love most women... not Nancy Pelosi (if she qualifies), etc, etc.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
//

BamaAla
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Indeed. people will still go to "cool" places to get high, drugwar or not.

No kidding. A lot of folks around here think that if the drug war ended tomorrow, stupid would disappear along with it; I'm here to inform you that this is an incorrect thought. Retarded meth, crack, heroin, ___ insert drug addicts would still do stupid shit.

AGRP
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM

Its not about getting high. Its about the existence of meth.

tod evans
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Dude I don't abhor anybody because of what's between their legs, neither do I watch any television so the likelihood of stumbling across the data you refer to is slim...

If I disagree with somebody it's because of what they say not what sex they are...

I'm not going to condemn this girl for an accident just because somebody says she was doing "drugs", [That's the most ridiculous cop-out ever presented!]

This girl is about 25 yrs to young for me but given my limited experience with women I'd say odds are against your claim that she sponges off either a husband or society....I've known many women who like to get high and the vast majority of them held down productive, non-government, jobs..

I think you're wrong in your opinions about "drug-users" and women in general....But you're sure enough entitled to them..:o

Origanalist
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM

Either that or she was up for a week and was so high she thought she was in her bedroom.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Its not about getting high. Its about the existence of meth.

It makes little difference as to what drug they were using. It could have just as easily been some stupid potheads or drunks.

jmdrake
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
She should have said she did it as protest against logging old growth so she could claim to be a radical environmentalist like the guy that felled the golden spurce (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4679760).

AGRP
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
It makes little difference as to what drug they were using. It could have just as easily been some stupid potheads or drunks.

It wasn't. To equate the effects of meth to marijuana and alcohol is disingenuous. If drug prohibition ended tomorrow then horrible drugs like meth would quickly eradicate itself.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
It wasn't. To equate the effects of meth to marijuana to alcohol is disingenuous.

Agree completely.

If drug prohibition ended tomorrow then horrible drugs like meth would quickly irradiate itself.

I'm not sure that's true. Apparently, there's a subset of people who like meth. They'd get it cheaper and better and hold down jobs easier, but I'm not sure it would just go away.

tod evans
10-25-2012, 10:56 AM
It wasn't. To equate the effects of meth to marijuana to alcohol is disingenuous. If drug prohibition ended tomorrow then horrible drugs like meth would quickly irradiate itself.

Now there's another silly statement.

Some folks like meth, others don't..........If people are dumb enough to consume enough of anything to kill themselves then good.

Natural selection and all....

AGRP
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure that's true. Apparently, there's a subset of people who like meth.

Meth exists only because natural and much less dangerous alternatives such as cocaine is illegal and thus way too expensive to obtain.

BamaAla
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Meth exists only because natural and much less dangerous alternatives such as cocaine is illegal and thus way too expensive to obtain.

Meth and cocaine are not the same thing. There may be crossover users between the two, but the drugs are far different.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM
//

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Uh, no. Jesus' birth occurred around 4000 years ago. He lived to be about 33. This tree is 3500 years old. Do the math.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Uh, no. Jesus' birth occurred around 4000 years ago. He lived to be about 33. This tree is 3500 years old. Do the math.

uhm, thats not the story I've heard.

AGRP
10-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Meth and cocaine are not the same thing. There may be crossover users between the two, but the drugs are far different.

Have you ever done either? just wondering. they have significantly different effects on the body and often appeal to different types of people.

Meth came about because it was/is cheap to produce and mimics much more expensive stimulants which are expensive because of prohibition. There is no debate about that.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-25-2012, 11:11 AM

Meth is also illegal and expensive to obtain.

Have you ever done either? just wondering. they have significantly different effects on the body and often appeal to different types of people.

Yeah, that. In fact, I hear self-employed people are quite attracted to meth, believe it or not. Anyway, they aren't interchangeable.

There may be less meth users if other things were legal and meth were illegal. There may be less meth users if everything were legal. I doubt there would be no meth users in any scenario.

QuickZ06
10-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Im pretty sure it is more around 2,000 years.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
//

BamaAla
10-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Meth came about because it was/is cheap to produce and mimics much more expensive stimulants which are expensive because of prohibition. There is no debate about that.

Cocaine is usually taken through the nose, it is an upper with a high lasting <45 minutes. Meth is usually smoked (but increasingly intravenously) that is an extreme upper that has a high lasting 4-6 hours. You can see why one appeals to young yuppies and the other has a committed base of less than desirables. They really aren't comparable.

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
at 3500 years, The Senator is a youngster.

The Bristle Cone Pine & Giant Sequoias got the market cornered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees

The Senator comes in at #6.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/photos/the-worlds-10-oldest-living-trees/the-senator

So, that would make this tree now the 6th oldest.

Patriarca da Floresta

This tree, an example of the species Cariniana legalis named Patriarca da Floresta in Brazil, is estimated to be about 3,000 years old, making it the oldest non-conifer in Brazil. The tree is believed to be sacred, but its species is widely threatened due to forest clearing in Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela.

The Wiki page you cited had the Senator at #4. How exactly does that make it a young one? The Wiki page you cited correctly says the Methuselah tree is the oldest individual tree in the world at 4844-4845 years old.

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Im pretty sure it is more around 2,000 years.

Oh, wait. You're right. Sorry. I got confused.

AGRP
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Right, but not cocaine. But yes, if other forms of amphetamine were easier to get, meth would probably not exist. But people would still go to places to get high, burn down trees and do stupid stuff.

Cocaine is classified as a stimulant. The tree would have never burnt down by a meth head because the meth would have never existed if there wasnt prohibition.

ninepointfive
10-25-2012, 11:18 AM
She needs community service - a lot of it.

plus - look at that damage she's done to herself. She used to be attractive.

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Arresting "officer" [sarc]

http://www.gregtherobot.com/images/stories/female_police_officers/american_female_police_officer.jpg

She's just big-boned. Don't you know nobody can become an officer of the law without passing strenuous physical tests?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-25-2012, 11:21 AM
You can see why one appeals to young yuppies and the other has a committed base of less than desirables.

Those are the ones they parade around for you. If everyone who did meth looked like that, we'd see a lot more of them. Otherwise, we'd have a lot less "meth labs." It can't be both.

Travlyr
10-25-2012, 11:22 AM
She needs community service - a lot of it.

plus - look at that damage she's done to herself. She used to be attractive.

I just don't see how burning a tree is a crime. I mean it is a damn shame it burned down, but a crime? Wood burns. Dead wood burns fast.

"The fire then destroyed the tree in a matter of hours." How alive was that 3500 year old pond cyprus tree anyway?

She did used to be attractive... she was a model.

QuickZ06
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I just don't see how burning a tree is a crime. I mean it is a damn shame it burned down, but a crime? Wood burns. Dead wood burns fast.

"The fire then destroyed the tree in a matter of hours." How alive was that 3500 year old pond cyprus tree anyway?

She did used to be attractive... she was a model.

I would honestly feel bad if I did the same thing and would at least replant one tree. Besides if this was a private property issue you bet your butt she would be replacing it with a new one if it was my property.

AGRP
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
If anyone is actually interested, read or watch Milton Friedman's theory on why drugs like meth or crack cocaine were created. It comes down to prohibition and economics.

AFPVet
10-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Yup... punishment needs to be creative... something that is actually valuable to the community.

specsaregood
10-25-2012, 11:26 AM
//

gerryb1
10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Yup... punishment needs to be creative... something that is actually valuable to the community.

And makes up for the $67,000 in new costs the park added?

Unlikely.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM

Are you seriously suggesting the War on Drugs made this high-on-methamphetamine idiot ignite a tree while trying to "see better"?

tod evans
10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Take the word meth out of the mix.......

How many of you would be incised if this was some kid playing with matches?

Look at your behavior, it's exactly as our social engineers want you to behave....

belian78
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Are you seriously suggesting the War on Drugs made this high-on-methamphetamine idiot ignite a tree while trying to "see better"?

Hard to say really, but I see where that argument comes from. If the WoD had never happened, would meth even exploded in use? Would this girl even came into contact with meth, had the WoD not existed? These are valid questions.

belian78
10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Take the word meth out of the mix.......

How many of you would be incised if this was some kid playing with matches?

Look at your behavior, it's exactly as our social engineers want you to behave....
I'm pretty sure that a kid would have a backyard to play with matches in, it's not like they'd be looking to hide from cops.

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Fire11 would likely be interested in this story. Plz forward it to him.

AFPVet
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
And makes up for the $67,000 in new costs the park added?

Unlikely.

It would be if the punishment was extended over a period of years. For example, 5-10 years of community service in addition to drug rehab could work. Prisons should only be used for violent offenders. We technically have a restitutive justice system—therefore the person should either pay for the damages or work it off.

John F Kennedy III
10-25-2012, 05:19 PM
No kidding. A lot of folks around here think that if the drug war ended tomorrow, stupid would disappear along with it; I'm here to inform you that this is an incorrect thought. Retarded meth, crack, heroin, ___ insert drug addicts would still do stupid shit.

Yes, but it wouldnt be as bad.

AGRP
10-25-2012, 05:20 PM
classified or not, im telling you they affect people differently and appeal to different people. And I wouldn't say meth would never have existed cuz it existed before the war on drugs and was FDA approved even.

The meth problem of today, like crack cocaine during the 70s/80s, are products of prohibition. I think you get the point. Three victims of the war on drugs: The tree, the woman, and the public. If they were legal then she would probably be more open about her problem and more able to seek help.