PDA

View Full Version : Teen brothers kill Jersey Girl for BMX bike; dispose of body in recycling bin

AuH20
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
:eek::confused:

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/71251/group/News/

CaptainAmerica
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
sick world.

brandon
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Brothers aged 15 and 17.

I sincerely hope that the 17 year old is charged as an adult. Depending on the facts of the case I could see showing a little leniency for the 15 year old, if he was just doing what his older brother told him to do.

Nirvikalpa
10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
It's extremely sad, I've been following the story closely because my cousins live in that area and know the family (just neighborhood acquaintances).

Based off of what I've heard (take with a grain of salt), the kids are known around the neighborhood for knowing their bike parts, and selling/fixing bikes. So I don't think Autumn necessarily went into their house believing they were "strangers," as many in the neighborhood who owned BMX bikes have done before.

The 15-year-old even "liked" the "Find Autumn Pasquale" page on Facebook.

tod evans
10-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I always wonder what "The-News" left out....

Sad day for the poor girls family!

VIDEODROME
10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
The hell were they going to do with a girl bike?

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2012, 02:31 PM

It was a BMX bike. It probably wasn't a girl bike.

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2012, 02:32 PM

It was a BMX bike. It probably wasn't a girl bike.

Nirvikalpa
10-24-2012, 02:42 PM

I'm sorry but... are you blind and/or dumb? Title: BMX bike.

Here's the bike:

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wpvi/cms_exf_2007/news/local/102312_ic_autumn_pasquale_bicycle_IMAGE.jpg

It was an Odyssey bike. A pretty good BMX bike brand. $400-600 depending on how you customize it. Some of the wheels alone are ~$250.

Lucille
10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Props to their mother for turning them in.

It's extremely sad, I've been following the story closely because my cousins live in that area and know the family (just neighborhood acquaintances).

Based off of what I've heard (take with a grain of salt), the kids are known around the neighborhood for knowing their bike parts, and selling/fixing bikes. So I don't think Autumn necessarily went into their house believing they were "strangers," as many in the neighborhood who owned BMX bikes have done before.

The 15-year-old even "liked" the "Find Autumn Pasquale" page on Facebook.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20121024_Authorities__Alleged_killer__quot_liked_q uot___quot_Find_Autumn_Pasquale_quot__Facebook_pag e.html

All for a little money.

What the hell is this society coming to? It's seems like everything is collapsing simultaneously. I don't think I've ever been in such despair.

aGameOfThrones
10-24-2012, 05:20 PM
The suspects had attended a community vigil for her shortly before the discovery, several residents said.

Charge them as adults!

QuickZ06
10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry but... are you blind and/or dumb? Title: BMX bike.

Thats not very nice, he might have thought it was all pink or something as there were no pictures in the article of the bike. I knew plenty of girls that were into BMX and they had some pretty "girly" looking bikes even if they were a dyno/gt/ect. ect. Heck he might not even know what a BMX bike is as I have ran into those folks as well.

Nirvikalpa
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Thats not very nice, he might have thought it was all pink or something as there were no pictures in the article of the bike. I knew plenty of girls that were into BMX and they had some pretty "girly" looking bikes even if they were a dyno/gt/ect. ect. Heck he might not even know what a BMX bike is as I have ran into those folks as well.

I BMX'd when I was younger... and knew these types of kids who would repair/sell parts and bikes alike (and stole a few here and there). Pink, green, blue... a quick paintover and its 1) unidentifiable and 2) worth just as much, if they did it the right way (separate the parts and spraypaint w/ HQ paint). Doesn't really matter, as long as it's worth money.

And if he didn't know... google is his friend.

Bman
10-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Charge them as adults!

It's been said they will seek to charge them as adults. Curious how it all will go down. Understandably, some people are very angry with what went down.

QuickZ06
10-25-2012, 01:11 AM
I BMX'd when I was younger... and knew these types of kids who would repair/sell parts and bikes alike (and stole a few here and there). Pink, green, blue... a quick paintover and its 1) unidentifiable and 2) worth just as much, if they did it the right way (separate the parts and spraypaint w/ HQ paint). Doesn't really matter, as long as it's worth money.

And if he didn't know... google is his friend.

Haha, guess things are different in NJ. Most would never go though those steps where I lived if they stole a bike. Let alone would a boy steal a girls bike.

Kregisen
10-25-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't understand what kind of thought processes are running through a 15 and 17 year olds mind to want to kill a little girl over a bike....or thinking they would get away with it......or that they could live with themselves for it. Their parents must be the shittiest parents known to man.

Philhelm
10-25-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't understand what kind of thought processes are running through a 15 and 17 year olds mind to want to kill a little girl over a bike....or thinking they would get away with it......or that they could live with themselves for it. Their parents must be the shittiest parents known to man.

Once they turn 18, they will suddenly understand all of those things.

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 09:13 AM
:eek::confused:

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/71251/group/News/

It seems like they did this without drugs. That's not to say that it's okay when somebody does it on drugs. There was a kid in my small town of 1000 people who recently killed his parents and his little sister while he was on bath salts or some kind of drug. Either way, it's inexcusable to murder.

But doing this in cold blood while completely sober just blows my mind. That much hatred for a 12 year old girl because of her BMX bike is just profoundly unbelievable to me. I can't imagine what I would do if that were my sister. I just don't even want to think about something like that, but we must all acknowledge that bad things are happening at an increasing rate.

Get a gun. Protect your family. Do whatever it takes. America is becoming unstable.

PaulConventionWV
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM

To the mother's credit, she helped turn them in. Be careful not to collectivize. The boys are individuals and should be held responsible as individuals.

donnay
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I am sure these boys loved their video games and slasher movies--that IMHO desensitize them to murder early on. I would also love to know if these kids were on any psychotropic drugs.

I weep for the future of this country.

belian78
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I am sure these boys loved their video games and slasher movies--that IMHO desensitize them to murder early on. I would also love to know if these kids were on any psychotropic drugs.

Been a horror/slasher flick fan and a gamer of all types of games since I was about 8, and this disgusts me just as much as you. Careful not to generalize.

donnay
10-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Been a horror/slasher flick fan and a gamer of all types of games since I was about 8, and this disgusts me just as much as you. Careful not to generalize.

I'll try not to, it's just a general observation. I think it is more in the kids faces these days, not to mention the fact that more and more kids are being drugged-up on psychotropic drugs, which makes for a disastrous combination. Again, this is just my opinion and observation.

belian78
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I'll try not to, it's just a general observation. I think it is more in the kids faces these days, not to mention the fact that more and more kids are being drugged-up on psychotropic drugs, which makes for a disastrous combination. Again, this is just my opinion and observation.
The drugs sure don't help, but I think the disdain that children these days have for everything around them is the culmination of years of incremental changes in social philosophy. Every generation goes through the same stages where they rebel and 'find themselves' for the first time as young adults. But then we grow a little more and gain a better understanding of the world and how to make our place in it. However, I'd say in the last 40 years or so that short term rebellion has slowly moved to a more permanent mindset in people as they age. That in turn has lead those generations to keep a more adolencent mindset when raising their own children, and so on and so on. Teenage angst and rebellion has been packaged and marketed with great success, but with disasterous results. Unfortunately I think what we see today isn't even the culmination, but another plateau on society's way down.

Nirvikalpa
10-26-2012, 10:39 AM
So far, the kids will be tried as juvie's, although that could change:

Three days after Donte Robinson, 17, and his brother Justin Robinson, 15, were charged with murder in connection with 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale's death, the teens made their first appearance before Judge Colleen Maier at the Family Division of Gloucester County Superior Court in Woodbury.

Maier determined at the detention hearing on Friday morning, which was closed to the public and media, that the teen boys should remain detained in the Camden County Youth Center, which is where they've been kept since they were arrested on Tuesday.

Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton has said he is strongly considering charging the teens as adults instead of juveniles. The Prosecutor's Office has 30 days from the incident to file a waiver to have them tried as adults, according to Assistant Prosector Michelle Jeneby.

The teens will have a third detention hearing on Nov. 16 at 11 a.m., Jeneby said.

Here: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/teen_suspects_in_autumn_pasqua.html

QuickZ06
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
When the parents are gone all day who is raising the children.....the government. Its always been problem number one and it will always continue to be problem number one.

2young2vote
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
15 is more than old enough to be considered an adult. Everyone at the age of 15 is old enough to understand the consequences of their actions, proof is them hiding the body. They knew it was wrong, knew what would happen if they were caught, and they still committed the murder. Its just a matter of how stupid they are. Adults murder for stupid reasons, kids murder for stupid reasons. It doesn't have anything to do with age.

Anti Federalist
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
But doing this in cold blood while completely sober just blows my mind. That much hatred for a 12 year old girl because of her BMX bike is just profoundly unbelievable to me.

Well, try wrapping your mind around this, although I'm not sure this is better:

There was no hatred here.

There was nothing at all, just a possession that somebody else had and they wanted.

Utterly lacking any empathy or conscience they did the logical thing: took possession of said item and killed and disposed of the previous owner.

I'd be willing to wager they probably still don't have any understanding of what they did being so wrong, and are surprised and scared at all the fuss that's been kicked up.

Those qualities must be learned and taught and enforced. Otherwise, man is just an animal.

Get a gun. Protect your family. Do whatever it takes. America is becoming unstable.

Which is why an authoritarian control grid (that we get a peek at every so often) the likes of which that would make Stalin blush, is waiting in the wings.

Wait until whole great swaths of the population, many of them with stunted or totally lacking values of empathy and compassion are cold, hungry and in the dark for a few weeks or months.

jj-
10-26-2012, 06:32 PM

I weep for its present.

tangent4ronpaul
10-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Please tell me they have the death penalty in Jersy...

-t