PDA

View Full Version : St. Paul Police officers shoot, kill man during traffic stop involving drugs

A. Havnes
10-24-2012, 05:14 AM
I think I beat AF to it! I saw this on the news whilst looking for C-SPAN this morning to watch the third party debate.

Video on link:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/995764/391/St-Paul-Police-officers-shoot-kill-man-during-traffic-stop-involving-drugs?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

ST. PAUL, Minn. - A fatal officer-involved shooting in St. Paul Tuesday happened after Minneapolis police asked for help in a drug investigation.

The shooting happened at 4 p.m. on Jessamine Avenue East and Westminster Street, south of Maryland Avenue East.

Sgt. Paul Paulos with the St. Paul Police Department said officers tried to stop a car that was under investigation when the driver used evasive action. He said officers believed their lives were in danger and opened fire. The man driving the car was killed.

Minneapolis Police Public Information Officer Sgt. William Palmer tweeted a message Tuesday evening that said "St Paul incident- we asked SPPD to stop a car for us in relation to an ongoing Narc case. We are not releasing details of case as ongoing."

Investigators are piecing together exactly what happened by interviewing officers, witnesses and neighbors in the area.

Two other men were inside the car at the time of the traffic stop. Police are interviewing those men, as well.

Neighbors described hearing more than a dozen gunshots.

"What we can't figure out if they shot him once, why would they shoot him a dozen times to kill him?" said Bonnie Jolly, questioning the force officers used.

One woman, just getting out of her car in the driveway ducked, and described the scene as the wild, wild west.

"I just pulled up in front of my house. I was opening my door and I heard pow-pow-pow-pow-pow almost like fireworks. I ducked back in my car," said Sherry Keller. "We are all on edge. We have kids everywhere around here; it should not be happening."

St. Paul Police say they expect to release more information Wednesday, including the identity of the man killed.

Travlyr
10-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Drugs are dangerous in a Police State. Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

"ST. PAUL, Minn. - A fatal officer-involved shooting in St. Paul Tuesday happened after Minneapolis police asked for help in a drug investigation."

kathy88
10-24-2012, 05:22 AM
the driver used evasive action. He said officers believed their lives were in danger and opened fire. The man driving the car was killed.

So.... evading = threatening.... I get it now.

bunklocoempire
10-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Go north and Westminster Street turns into McMenemy St. when it gets to Maplewood, my old MN address. :( In my youth I had a girlfriend who lived on Geranium Ave. Heavily populated area.

"I just pulled up in front of my house. I was opening my door and I heard pow-pow-pow-pow-pow almost like fireworks. I ducked back in my car," said Sherry Keller. "We are all on edge. We have kids everywhere around here; it should not be happening."

4 p.m.!? "Narc case" :mad:

Google maps. Punch it in and hit "street view". What an ideal place to fire off a dozen rounds.:mad:

44°58'28.76"N

93° 5'10.31"W

Travlyr
10-24-2012, 08:29 PM
The Police will kill for drugs.